Apex Apple Store

rgreenba

If anyone has recently sailed on the Apex or is currently on the Apex, could you please tell me about the onboard Apple Store.  Is it well stocked, does it carry iphones, pads or laptops and are the prices competitive with U.S. pricing.  Any information appreciated.

I can't answer you on what is in Stock but when I've asked about the prices, the prices are the same as U.S. list  prices.   The only advantage for U.S. residents would be no State Sales Tax.   

For Europeans they can be very attractive compared to their prices and with an 18-21% Vat free purchase it could be very attractive.

7 hours ago, rgreenba said:

If anyone has recently sailed on the Apex or is currently on the Apex, could you please tell me about the onboard Apple Store.  Is it well stocked, does it carry iphones, pads or laptops and are the prices competitive with U.S. pricing.  Any information appreciated.

The store is an Apple reseller not an Apple Store. None of the Celebrity stores are well stocked. They have iPads and laptops at the same prices they are sold in the US. They don’t sell iPhones. Cell phones have to be activated on a carrier so selling them onboard would be problematic. 

18 minutes ago, rollie said:

No phones.  We were on the Apex on a B2B in January.  We had a lot of on board credit to use up so my DW and I bought new I Pads.

Rollie

Using OBC is the only reason I have bought any of the Apple products onboard. I have bought quite a few accessories. One time an iPad. 

Just returned from the Apex.  When I checked (early in the cruise), they had 1 Apple Watch 5.  They had 4-5 iPads, but they were the 10.9” version, which are probably a couple model years old.  They had some MacBooks, but they were the Intel versions, not the M1.  So, at least one generation old.  Not sure how many they had, but not many.

Representative said Celebrity would not restock until they sold out of what they had in stock, which was the same stock they had before the shutdown.