NICE'N'NEAT

nice'n'neat

1 hour ago, dallasdan said:

I have been 17 cruises and have never seen a drug dog on board the ship.

Me either.  If it happened it was a one off situation.  I have never seen drug dogs on a ship looking for drugs...eating at Guy's sure...but not looking for drugs.  No one can pass up Guy's!

Speaking from experience...I know someone from Ohio that bought some gummies and tinctures in Seattle from a legal store and packed them in his suitcase for a Carnival Alaska cruise last September.

No issues and no questions were asked.  All ended up in room as was planned. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Buckeye_Siggy said:

Speaking from experience...I know someone from Ohio that bought some gummies and tinctures in Seattle from a legal store and packed them in his suitcase for a Carnival Alaska cruise last September.

No issues and no questions were asked.  All ended up in room as was planned. 

You don't even need to go to the store anymore, you can order it like doordash or uber eats through weedmaps..lol. They'll probably even deliver it to the cruise port drop off area 😄. Usually in about an hour too, just like booze deliveries. 🚗

Edited by cruisingguy007

2 hours ago, kalmich said:

I remember a drug sniffing dog at the Ensenada port.  Fortunately I didn't have anything with me at the time.

That was probably a bomb sniffing dog, not a drug dog. Most people assume any dog is a drug sniffing dog when most in transportation are bomb/explosive/ammo-gunpowder residue sniffing. Many departments have had to retire a lot of their drug dogs and and get new ones with the changing of laws, those trained for pot are no longer useful in many parts of the country. Besides, if Ensenada had a drug sniffing dog, it would be to confiscate your stash and force you to buy more during your visit. 😁 

• Haha 1

There are no drug dogs on board, but I read about a couple who were stopped by officers on their way off the ship.  They still had leftover product and the dog found it, and they were fined. They said if you're going to take the chance and take it with you on your cruise, use it all while on the ship, don't try to take any off the ship when you return home.

12 hours ago, Lane Hog said:

I've never seen drug dogs onboard, but they certainly greeted us on the pier at Cozumel last week and checked all of our hand bags and daypacks...

Both time sailing our of NYC, we saw homeland security drug dogs sniffing luggage being checked in.

Never had our carry ons checked by the dogs.

At Bayonne NJ also - same system.

Not all checked luggage, just what looked like random checks.

15 hours ago, Lane Hog said:

I've never seen drug dogs onboard, but they certainly greeted us on the pier at Cozumel last week and checked all of our hand bags and daypacks...

They might well have been sniffing for food, particularly fruit.  EM

20 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

They might well have been sniffing for food, particularly fruit.  EM

Yes individual dogs can only sniff for one specific thing...so drugs, bombs, food etc...but not all 3.

A comedian on the Valor was making fun of a family that smelled like weed in the elevator. As a coincidence, that family was present at the show and they admitted it and laughed at the joke. I agree with dallasdan since I was in 3 cruises in 3 weeks and didn’t see a single dog at the terminal.