Drink packages went up in price

My cruise isn't till the middle of May, and I was going to book the deluxe beverage package bundled with the VOOM Internet. The price of the package went from 80 a day to 88 a day and it still says it's 20% off with the pre-cruise special.

So.. my question is... Will it ever go back down in price to the 80 bucks a day, or am I screwed now?

1 minute ago, sir5574 said:

My cruise isn't till the middle of May, and I was going to book the deluxe beverage package bundled with the VOOM Internet. The price of the package went from 80 a day to 88 a day and it still says it's 20% off with the pre-cruise special.

So.. my question is... Will it ever go back down in price to the 80 bucks a day, or am I screwed now?

Welcome to CC. My Magic 8 Ball says, "cannot predict now".

5 minutes ago, sir5574 said:

There was a sale that just ended yesterday precipitating todays higher price.  Expect a decrease in pricing on the next sale.  When that is is anyone guess.  There is usually one a month and usually in and around a holiday.  Keep checking

The latest Cruise Planner sale was 3/1-3/8. Will there be another in the next two months? No guarantee, but I think it's likely. Same price? Hard to say. I know for my late-May voyage, the DBP + Voom package is no longer available, so no guarantee that stays available either.

As many say, you can always book and cancel/rebook if the price drops.

21 minutes ago, xtremegk said:

The latest Cruise Planner sale was 3/1-3/8. Will there be another in the next two months? No guarantee, but I think it's likely. Same price? Hard to say. I know for my late-May voyage, the DBP + Voom package is no longer available, so no guarantee that stays available either.

As many say, you can always book and cancel/rebook if the price drops.

Do you have to call to cancel the package, or can it all be done online?

Keep watching, maybe multiple times a day.  Ignore any % off and look only at price.  Book when you get a good price.  Cancel and rebook if price goes down.  Will take a few days for old credit card charge to be refunded.

I believe that gratuities are now added at checkout, so expect that.

2 hours ago, sir5574 said:

Do you have to call to cancel the package, or can it all be done online?

It only takes a few seconds, they refund the cost to the method you used to pay (if a credit card expect a few days).  Then you re-reserve it.  Mine now looks like this:

image.thumb.png.4f148f2359ce3d9068ec5ae15590f425.png

• Like 1