When do you cancel and rebook if you find a lower fare?

tensixmom

I'm not a terribly experienced cruiser so please forgive me if this is a "common knowledge" question.

I am booked on a cruise (not yet paid in full) and the same cruise in the room next door is now about $40 cheaper.  Not a huge amount, obviously, but everything else seems to be the same ($25 on board credit).

I can't find on Carnival's site (maybe they don't list it) whether you can cancel and rebook at the lower fare, or whether you can call and they'll give you the difference, or anything like that (perhaps the answer is "none of the above.")

What do you normally do?

• Like 1

if you booked with a travel agent, contact the travel agent

if you booked directly with carnival, call carnival using the phone number listed on the website

if you booked directly with carnival and you have an early saver booking, use this form instead of calling: https://www.carnival.com/core/requestforms/priceprotection.aspx

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tensixmom said:

I'm not a terribly experienced cruiser so please forgive me if this is a "common knowledge" question.

I am booked on a cruise (not yet paid in full) and the same cruise in the room next door is now about $40 cheaper.  Not a huge amount, obviously, but everything else seems to be the same ($25 on board credit).

I can't find on Carnival's site (maybe they don't list it) whether you can cancel and rebook at the lower fare, or whether you can call and they'll give you the difference, or anything like that (perhaps the answer is "none of the above.")

What do you normally do?

I have booked with a PVP/travel agent and Carnival. If I booked with a PVP/TA, I contact them about the lower rate, if I booked with Carnival I call them and they give me the lower rate and deduct the money off the cruise since it's not paid for. Once it's paid for you will get the extra money as on-board credit. I have called up to the week before the cruise to receive onboard credit

Did you book under an Early Saver rate? Then if so it is relatively easy to get the price difference. There is a form that can filled out but given the manpower shortage it might be easier to call. Our PVP had no trouble getting us a $250 price drop on our last cruise.