Type of aircraft?

ohnonotmeagain

Normally, if you do a dummy booking, it will tell you what aircraft is being used, especially when it comes to selecting your seat.

Alternatively, try seatguru.

Or, if you tell us your route, I'm sure the good folks here will be able to help.

• Thanks 2

BA don't often operate the exact same aircraft type on each route from Heathrow routinely.

It could be an A350 one day, a 777 or 787 the next. I can say it won't be an A380 but other than it could well be pot luck. 

8 minutes ago, fbgd said:

BA don't often operate the exact same aircraft type on each route from Heathrow routinely.

It could be an A350 one day, a 777 or 787 the next. I can say it won't be an A380 but other than it could well be pot luck. 

Yes, but the aircraft type is determined well in advance. If the OP makes a dummy booking on the BA booking page for the dates required,  it will show the aircraft type for that particular day.

16 minutes ago, Gardyloo said:

Not knowing when the OP is flying, it's difficult to say; however I looked at early June (2022) and the nonstop LHR-LAS flight was an A350 every day.  Same in early September.  I use Expert Flyer, a fee-based search tool.  ExpertFlyer.com - Empowering the Frequent Flyer

I looked at July - A350 as well, so looks pretty certain that will the the aircraft.

4 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

What makes you say this? The last time I went to the USA was on a 747! Yes that long ago. Don't get to fly much these days.

Spent more time flying TA on 777s than I care to remember. 

Noisy and and lots of vibration.

Edited by wowzz
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Research, now I know where to look,  suggests it's the A350, so many thanks everyone 

Be aware that the equipment used for a particular flight can change on very short notice or no notice at all.  

Edited by rkacruiser

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Be aware that the equipment used for a particular flight can change on very short notice or no notice at all.  

Whilst that is true,  that is no reason not to research the usual  aircraft that services  your route.

Also, it is unusual to change equipment on lh flights at short notice.  If you substitute a 777 for an A350, flying from London to Las Vegas, who is going to fly the 777  back to London ? BA would normally delay or cancel the flight,  rather than make an equipment change.

Edited by wowzz

17 hours ago, wowzz said:

Also, it is unusual to change equipment on lh flights at short notice.  If you substitute a 777 for an A350, flying from London to Las Vegas, who is going to fly the 777  back to London ? BA would normally delay or cancel the flight,  rather than make an equipment change.

I guess it depends on your definition of short notice. I had the equipment change 4 times on one BA flight in the 2 weeks leading up to travel. 

It does somewhat depend on the route though. For a JFK where you used to have a mix of 777-200s, 777-300s and 747s (now retired) running daily a tweak to those aircraft wasn't much of a hiccup.

A Las Vegas flight where the frequencies are much less it's less likely but it can certainly happen. I am surprised that it's going to switch to A350s routinely as demand in paid First on LHR-LAS was traditionally pretty strong and that's a cabin the A350s don't operate. (I will concede the new Club Suite product is a big upgrade but some people don't care and will book HCA regardless)