What do test results need to look like for carnival?

AandBmom

The pharmacist gave us a form with a stamp on it saying negative and all his info.  He said some cruises are picky amd want a specific letter.  Does anyone know what carnival accepts?

See pic for details.

16469342074227326362670549363519.jpg

From the Carnival website:

Guests should review their pre-cruise test results, i.e., a laboratory test record, digital certificate or healthcare record, and ensure it indicates their full legal name, date of birth, type of test, date and time sample was taken, test result stating “NEGATIVE” or “NOT DETECTED” and laboratory, testing site, and/or healthcare provider details. Handwritten test results are not acceptable. Please refer to our Return to Service FAQs for complete information on testing requirements and resources.

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_072821

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

The negative part is on the left cut off by the picture.

The negative box does not appear to be checked off, signature loops through it. Most results are emailed, thus avoiding the handwritten red flag. Your letter looks legitimate with the pharmacy stamp, look again and make sure the box is clearly marked. Did you get any email results?

1 minute ago, mondello said:

The negative box does not appear to be checked off, signature loops through it. Most results are emailed, thus avoiding the handwritten red flag. Your letter looks legitimate with the pharmacy stamp, look again and make sure the box is clearly marked. Did you get any email results?

That's not the box. That's the D from COVID. You can see on the right where is has the box and then says COVID-19 positive. 

• Thanks 1

You don't want to gamble with this serious issue. We saw many people during our last cruise really nervous as they waited for their test results in the terminal lobby. I would call or revisit the pharmacy to get an accurately checked and signed certificate. Also I would recommend you ask for an emailed copy as that seemed to work well at the terminal. Happy sailing!!!!  

THAT letter puts a ton of pressure on the part-time screener and makes 'No, here's our $100 retest line' an easy and risk less answer from CCL's perspective.  I wouldn't show up with that.

We got off the Dream this morning in Galveston.  We were NEVER asked for our test results.  Also, we tried to use VeriFLY but our tests were rejected as they had not updated their software for the 72 window for fully vaxed/boosted folks.  Glad we did the test but it was a bit disappointing that the desk staff didn’t properly screen us, and who knows how many others.

Yes, just check to make sure all the required info is on the test result. Back in January my husband and I got our test results, they said we were both negative, I did my happy dance in the parking lot. Got in the car and I told my husband to wait, I wanted to check them over. Everything there, but I don't see Negative on mine. My husband says it's right here, down at the bottom. Not on mine! I march back in and ask for one with that vital information on it! I wasn't too happy, explained to the receptionist if I had showed up with the one they originally gave me, I wouldn't have been going on the cruise!

1 hour ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

We got off the Dream this morning in Galveston.  We were NEVER asked for our test results.  Also, we tried to use VeriFLY but our tests were rejected as they had not updated their software for the 72 window for fully vaxed/boosted folks.  Glad we did the test but it was a bit disappointing that the desk staff didn’t properly screen us, and who knows how many others.

Truly shocking.  We've been thoroughly screened each and every time.  If my math is correct, a total of 6 embarkations at 4 different ports. 

11 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Truly shocking.  We've been thoroughly screened each and every time.  If my math is correct, a total of 6 embarkations at 4 different ports. 

11 minutes ago, jsglow said:

I’m a medical professional, so this was shocking to me, but the port has been reconfigured since we last cruised from Galveston two years ago, and it was organized chaos.   It seemed the goal was to bulldoze as many people through in as short of a time as possible' which im all for, unless it is irresponsible.   I spent untold time filling out the CCL questionnaires, then only to be told to use VeriFLY which was a waste of time due to misinformation in the system about a 72 hour testing window, so when they basically looked at our boarding passes and passports - bam we were done.  Say, what?  And then, the day before when we were to do our health survey, it disappeared from the website and said “available at the terminal”, but it wasn’t.   No survey was ever done.   Hmmm.

3 hours ago, nlktx49 said:

Yes, just check to make sure all the required info is on the test result. Back in January my husband and I got our test results, they said we were both negative, I did my happy dance in the parking lot. Got in the car and I told my husband to wait, I wanted to check them over. Everything there, but I don't see Negative on mine. My husband says it's right here, down at the bottom. Not on mine! I march back in and ask for one with that vital information on it! I wasn't too happy, explained to the receptionist if I had showed up with the one they originally gave me, I wouldn't have been going on the cruise!

Good thing you read it over carefully!

9 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I’m a medical professional, so this was shocking to me, but the port has been reconfigured since we last cruised from Galveston two years ago, and it was organized chaos.   It seemed the goal was to bulldoze as many people through in as short of a time as possible' which im all for, unless it is irresponsible.   I spent untold time filling out the CCL questionnaires, then only to be told to use VeriFLY which was a waste of time due to misinformation in the system about a 72 hour testing window, so when they basically looked at our boarding passes and passports - bam we were done.  Say, what?  And then, the day before when we were to do our health survey, it disappeared from the website and said “available at the terminal”, but it wasn’t.   No survey was ever done.   Hmmm.

I suppose it's possible that a complete system meltdown resulted in the lax protocols you described.  I had heard about challenges associated with the VeriFLY system.  We didn't even attempt it and went the old fashioned way.  Passport, vax card, paper test result; all tucked neatly in our Passport holder.  We have to fly internationally on Wednesday and have also heard that United Airlines is having 'upload challenges'.  Again, we plan to have our papers physically in hand.