Joy Bermuda June 2022 - few questions

SMK06437

We are set to sail on the June 19th out of NYC..,. seriously bummed about the stop in Norfolk Va...

1. Do we need to get off?  I saw somewhere that you needed to get off then back on? 

2. Sailing capacity... is NCL trying to book at 100% yet or are they at a reduced capacity cap? What should we expect on this June Sailing?

3. Thoughts about the Vibe Beach Pass vs. H20...I heard H20 no longer has music etc during the day?  Can we get lounge chairs there? 

Thanks in advance...

1 hour ago, SMK06437 said:

1. Do we need to get off?  I saw somewhere that you needed to get off then back on? 

You won't need to get off the ship on this itinerary because you haven't yet been to a foreign port. On cruises where the ship has visited foreign ports you would have to disembark there for an immigration check if Norfolk were the first US port call after a foreign port or ports.

2. Sailing capacity... is NCL trying to book at 100% yet or are they at a reduced capacity cap? What should we expect on this June Sailing?

No one knows precisely. Presumably the longer a ship is operating with little or no significant COVID-19 related issues the closer it will operate to 100% capacity. But even if 100% capacity is NCL's goal at that time no one can say if enough passengers are booking to reach that goal.

3. Thoughts about the Vibe Beach Pass vs. H20...I heard H20 no longer has music etc during the day?  Can we get lounge chairs there? 

Sorry, can't help with that one.

1 minute ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

You never have to get off at port

No... you will almost always have to get off at the first US port visited after calling on foreign ports for an immigration check, and in particular passengers have already had to disembark in Norfolk when the ship called there after visiting foreign ports. 

We've had to do this any number times on different itineraries in any number of US ports. Once in a while USCBP will let you off the hook with just a passenger manifest check (for example years ago you would have to go through an in person check in St. Thomas, but that has largely been eliminated).  Once in a while they'll require in person clearance but set up shop on the ship rather than requiring actual disembarkation, but the rule of thumb in these circumstances is to expect to have to disembark for an immigration check.

2 hours ago, SMK06437 said:

I'm on the March 19 sailing of this ship, which is also a different itinerary.  Someone on the roll call said the pre-cruise concierge told them the ship was capped at 60% for the sailing.  If we even have that many I might be surprised.

The deck 10 aft suite on Pearl I booked in January for an April school vacation trip to Bermuda was cheaper than a summer trip to Bermuda in that same suite in 2015. Figure out what you'd like and keep checking prices. I was shocked by the low fare.

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

No... you will almost always have to get off at the first US port visited after calling on foreign ports for an immigration check, and in particular passengers have already had to disembark in Norfolk when the ship called there after visiting foreign ports. 

We've had to do this any number times on different itineraries in any number of US ports. Once in a while USCBP will let you off the hook with just a passenger manifest check (for example years ago you would have to go through an in person check in St. Thomas, but that has largely been eliminated).  Once in a while they'll require in person clearance but set up shop on the ship rather than requiring actual disembarkation, but the rule of thumb in these circumstances is to expect to have to disembark for an immigration check.

I've never had to deal with this, never knew.