Question for anyone that has upgraded to a RS & had a prior drink package

TeachAloha

Question, I just did a moveup bid to upgrade from a SS to a RS, since we had a SS guarantee, we purchased a drink package (the guarantee package we had was a steal, but no drinks included). Looks like *if* we get our bid accepted The RS includes the "all in" benefits including a drink package. Has anyone experienced this? Would I be able to get the drink package we already purchased refunded? TIA! 

image.png.f3d57e4236282be3ee4d01e226ca2891.png

Edited by TeachAloha
clarity

With a move up, you take the perks you have with you. It sounds like you don’t have any.

You don’t get the perks (premium drinks, wifi, OBC, grats) that come with the suite because you didn’t have them with the rate you purchased. The Royal Suite has amenities that come with it - free specialty dining and two included bottles of liquor and you get those. The retreat host, formerly the butler will usually put any non alcoholic beverage you want in the fridge.

The Royal Suite used to come with the premium beverage package but it has disappeared from the write up on the web site.

if am wrong, someone will clarify.

Is that screenshot from the Move Up page or just a general description of an RS from elsewhere?

Edit: Answered my own question. I went into the Move Up bid options for my March 24 sailing and it does indeed say that, so it is definitely from the Move Up page.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Is that screenshot from the Move Up page or just a general description of an RS from elsewhere?

Edit: Answered my own question. I went into the Move Up bid options for my March 24 sailing and it does indeed say that, so it is definitely from the Move Up page.

Yep straight from the move up page! 🙂 And if we get the RS & get the drink package refunded it would end up costing $100-200 to upgrade! 

I would like to know if this is true- we won an upgrade bid to sky suite but understand that we will have the promotions that were with the original booking , not the ones that come with the suite.

Has anyone gotten the suite OBC and premium drink package if their original booking was "All included"?

per the Moveup T&C:

General Terms

By submitting an Offer, Guest agrees to the terms and conditions of this Program.

Offer to participate in the Program is non-transferable and applies only to the Guest and booking identified in the email invitation.

Any promotions associated with the original booking will remain in effect. The Upgrade will not be eligible to receive any promotions or benefits that are applicable to the stateroom had it been originally booked at that stateroom category.

Unfortunately you will not get a Drink Package with your upgrade to a RS.   You will however get Two Liter Bottles of the spirit of your choice and Beers and Mixers.    You will also be able to get free drinks in Retreat Lounge but not on the Retreat Sundeck.   

If you had a drink package with the All-Included (which I believe to be basic unless booked in a suite) you will maintain the drink package you got with your booking.

12 minutes ago, cruisinsusin said:

I would like to know if this is true- we won an upgrade bid to sky suite but understand that we will have the promotions that were with the original booking , not the ones that come with the suite.

Has anyone gotten the suite OBC and premium drink package if their original booking was "All included"?

per the Moveup T&C:

General Terms

By submitting an Offer, Guest agrees to the terms and conditions of this Program.

Offer to participate in the Program is non-transferable and applies only to the Guest and booking identified in the email invitation.

Any promotions associated with the original booking will remain in effect. The Upgrade will not be eligible to receive any promotions or benefits that are applicable to the stateroom had it been originally booked at that stateroom category.

As the upgrade T&C state you will maintian any promotions from your original booking and will not receive any addition promotion like OBC, Internet, Gratuities or Premium Drink Package).     With upper suites you may get additional amnesties that come with the room e.g. bar setup, free specialty dining and Laundry)

12 minutes ago, cruisinsusin said:

per the Moveup T&C:

General Terms

With the Sky Suite your assumptions are correct.  None of the suite perks, only the ones from your original booking.

RS suites and up have always come with the extra amenities including premium bev package and wifi.   From the MoveUp description they should certainly be included if you win the upgrade and the one purchased should be refunded.  Bring this description with you .

I know this question has been asked many times here on CC, including by me. For what it's worth, last week while on the phone with a Celebrity agent to make my final payment on an upcoming cruise, I asked her about this. She stated that the premium drinks package is an included benefit, (not a perk) with suites and that it would be included if I win a Move Up bid. She said other perks, such as the extra OBC would not be included. I know sometimes Celebrity agents give conflicting information to the reality once onboard, but I took this as a good sign.

Plus, it is in the description on the Move Up offer so does seem possible.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

With the Sky Suite your assumptions are correct.  None of the suite perks, only the ones from your original booking.

RS suites and up have always come with the extra amenities including premium bev package and wifi.   From the MoveUp description they should certainly be included if you win the upgrade and the one purchased should be refunded.  Bring this description with you .

The upgraded amenities grid lists the AI inclusions separate from even upper suite amenities. The upper suite amenities are limited to:

image.png.428c3a0fae59feeb8c84b244d9cfe253.png

But drinks are listed as part of AI across all suites. 

image.png.197806fb9e61235cd5ae9138ecf5c576.png

For comparison, here is the old list:

image.png.eaa888260cdf68bce2de9f062072bb86.png

Edited by Jeremiah1212

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

As the upgrade T&C state you will maintian any promotions from your original booking and will not receive any addition promotion like OBC, Internet, Gratuities or Premium Drink Package).     With upper suites you may get additional amnesties that come with the room e.g. bar setup, free specialty dining and Laundry)

If that is true, then the Move Up bid page needs to be updated, because it states, plain as day, that Premium drinks are included with the RS upgrade. Not any of the other suites, but the RS suite description specifically mentions it.

56 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

If that is true, then the Move Up bid page needs to be updated, because it states, plain as day, that Premium drinks are included with the RS upgrade. Not any of the other suites, but the RS suite description specifically mentions it.

I try to never to state something as fact unless I know it is true. We all know how accurate Celebrity is in their cutting and pasting of promotions. 

My statement is simply what I've personally seen and heard in the Retreat with some angry guests and what I have seen posted here.   Would love to hear personal experience that may differ .

From Celebrity Move-Up FAQ

Q.

What happens with the promotions I already have?

A.     You get to keep the promotions you already have. However, no additional promotions will be added to your reservation.