Certificate of Recovery??? What is this?

go.without.you

Just now, TFree said:

No, but many people seem uncertain or unaware. Also, @Jim_Iainreported that they were not accepting them for a B2B cruise. I intend to test that at the end of this first cruise. 

Tom & Judy

Gotcha. I forgot about the B2B testing. It's definitely not clear if a C of R is your "get out of jail free" card there.

• 2 months later...

Anyone have an update on this?  Cruising on 21 July.  We’re currently in France. DH tested positive from a PCR test yesterday, told to isolate for 7 days (not great….). It seems that here you can just show the positive test result that serves as a COR. But I don’t think X will accept that?

Anyone else had to deal with this in Europe?  I’m going to the testing centre today to get more info, fortunately I can speak French. 

BTW, we both did TWO each rapid antigen tests ourselves, all of which were NEGATIVE, before going to the testing centre. PCR results confirmed DH weak positive, me negative. So don’t put too much faith in Antigen tests.

18 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

Anyone have an update on this?  Cruising on 21 July.  We’re currently in France. DH tested positive from a PCR test yesterday, told to isolate for 7 days (not great….). It seems that here you can just show the positive test result that serves as a COR. But I don’t think X will accept that?

You will need a certificate of recovery, but if you have problems obtaining one in France locally, you can get one online, there are a number of UK based services, for example:

https://treatlocal.co.uk/product-details/covid-19-recovery-certificate-for-travel

The only catch is that he will need to be 11 days after the positive test and symptom-free for 72 hours to get the certificate so the timing is a little tight for you, but still possible as these services can deliver the certificate via email.

The critical part is getting proper documentation on the initial positive test result, but hopefully you already have that...

1 hour ago, cruisingaussies said:

Thanks so much Mark.  Am going to test centre to get a printed copy of the positive result, already have it on phone. Time is a bit tight for the UK service but good to have an alternative up our sleeve. 

That time-line isn't going to be very different elsewhere, as you do need to 'recover' before you can get a certificate of recovery.

The French systems should be able to give you an EU Certificate of Recovery, so check the time-line for that when you talk to them.

Edited by Mark_T

Posting as this may help others. Testing centre (laboratoire d’analyses) does not give a COR (certificat de rétablissement). But have made an appointment with a doctor for Monday 18, ie 11 days after the positive diagnosis, who will give a letter. 
phew, didn’t expect this on our holiday but there was every likelihood of course that it could happen. Just hope we get on the cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

phew, didn’t expect this on our holiday but there was every likelihood of course that it could happen. Just hope we get on the cruise.

Glad you've got it all planned out.

Just stay healthy yourself between now and boarding, then you can both enjoy the cruise

Edited by Mark_T
  • Like 1

@cruisingaussies: Just bear in mind two things.  (1) While your timeline should work perfectly (positive PCR on July 7, doctor's appointment and hopefully CoR on July 18, cruise on July 21), I believe that the way the X requirement reads, it only requires that the positive test be 11 or more days prior to the cruise.  If the doctor is prepared to give a CoR after 7 days (because you have recovered and are symptom-free), I believe that is adequate.  (2) I would be more concerned about you (Brenda) since you could be incubating a case right now and could get a positive result in a few days.  For that reason, I just want to emphasize that for either of you, if you are able to produce a proctored negative antigen test prior to the cruise, that is sufficient.  When we boarded at the end of April, I had a positive PCR from more than 11 days prior to the cruise and a CoR, but because I was able to produce a negative antigen test from the day before the cruise, I never had to go through the hassle of trying to use the CoR.  My concern (as explained somewhere above in this thread) was that the doctor's CoR was rather wishy-washy, even suggesting that it could have been a false positive, so it seemed simpler to rely on a negative antigen test if I could get one (which I did).  Obviously, check the current requirements on Celebrity's website for your embarkation port - I don't claim to be 100% current on these protocols anymore, since our next cruise is months away.

Tom & Judy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TFree said:

@cruisingaussies: Just bear in mind two things.  (1) While your timeline should work perfectly (positive PCR on July 7, doctor's appointment and hopefully CoR on July 18, cruise on July 21), I believe that the way the X requirement reads, it only requires that the positive test be 11 or more days prior to the cruise.  If the doctor is prepared to give a CoR after 7 days (because you have recovered and are symptom-free), I believe that is adequate.  (2) I would be more concerned about you (Brenda) since you could be incubating a case right now and could get a positive result in a few days.  For that reason, I just want to emphasize that for either of you, if you are able to produce a proctored negative antigen test prior to the cruise, that is sufficient.  When we boarded at the end of April, I had a positive PCR from more than 11 days prior to the cruise and a CoR, but because I was able to produce a negative antigen test from the day before the cruise, I never had to go through the hassle of trying to use the CoR.  My concern (as explained somewhere above in this thread) was that the doctor's CoR was rather wishy-washy, even suggesting that it could have been a false positive, so it seemed simpler to rely on a negative antigen test if I could get one (which I did).  Obviously, check the current requirements on Celebrity's website for your embarkation port - I don't claim to be 100% current on these protocols anymore, since our next cruise is months away.

Tom & Judy

Thanks Tom & Judy.  Actually, we both tested positive with a home antigen kit 8 days ago, so I should be fine with a negative PCR yesterday.  I’ve been so stressed about this I forgot to mention it in my first post.

Definitely both going for a proctored antigen test on 19 July, ie 2 days before embarkation on the 21st, hoping that we’re both negative.  

So many fine points on all of this, never dreamt we’d be spending all this time on vacation going for tests etc.

We do appreciate the comments.

Bob & Brenda

Thanks Tom & Judy.  Actually, we both tested positive with a home antigen kit 8 days ago, so I should be fine with a negative PCR yesterday.  I’ve been so stressed about this I forgot to mention it in my first post.

Too late now I know, but if anyone is in those circumstances, that close to a sailing, I would 100% have gone for a PCR test and a CoR back then as it gets you a clear run past all the other testing you are now doing.

Can anyone supply an example of a letter that has already been accepted by X instead of a  COR form?  Otherwise, exact details of what was on a COR form that has been accepted. 

There is no form in France, where we are, or so I’ve been told at the testing centre. Would like to have the correct wording ready to show the doctor when DH has his appointment to get clearance, and be ready with a translation into French in case the doctor doesn’t speak English. 
Desperate to get this right, can’t stand the thought of not getting on this cruise because of some linguistic or incorrect wording problem. (We already lost our two week Seabourn cruise a week ago because we both tested positive on embarkation day)

14 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

Can anyone supply an example of a letter that has already been accepted by X instead of a  COR form?  Otherwise, exact details of what was on a COR form that has been accepted. 

There is no form in France, where we are, or so I’ve been told at the testing centre. Would like to have the correct wording ready to show the doctor when DH has his appointment to get clearance, and be ready with a translation into French in case the doctor doesn’t speak English. 
Desperate to get this right, can’t stand the thought of not getting on this cruise because of some linguistic or incorrect wording problem. (We already lost our two week Seabourn cruise a week ago because we both tested positive on embarkation day)

Brenda:

For what it is worth, here is a draft I sent to my doctor after my first infection.  I never used it, because it was too old by the time of the cruise, but I wrote it with Celebrity's website description of a CoR in mind.

Draft Letter Certificate of Recovery

[On Official Letterhead, including Dr. X's name, address, phone number and date]

To whom it may concern:

My patient, Tom Y. Z. (DOB October xx, xxxx) received a positive Covid-19 Test Result on a nasal RT-PCR test done on January 4, 2022, with results received on January 7, 2022. I spoke with him at the time and recommended isolation protocols during his recovery. He has completed his isolation and recovered, and is now cleared to travel.

AAAAA B. CCCCCC, MD

You need to check the country requirements page for the country where you are embarking to be sure there are no special requirements for that country.  We were boarding a transatlantic in the US, and here is what the US requirement said at the time:

Beginning with sailings departing on or after March 18, 2022, guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR or Antigen test result taken between 11-90 days prior to the sail date in order to board. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record. Additionally, please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. For more details, please visit our FAQs.

Tom & Judy

Thanks Tom and Judy

I’ll translate that and have it ready to suggest to the doctor next week. We’re embarking in Barcelona and the rules in Spain have been greatly relaxed. Even if you test positive, if you only have mild symptoms, there’s no isolation, you only need to wear a mask and avoid crowds. 
We’ve both had four anti Covid vax BTW. We’ll both take a supervised antigen test the required two days prior to embarkation. Providing Bob is negative from that, and he certainly should be, he’ll use it for embarkation but we want to have the recovery letter as well just in case, hoping that all avenues are covered. 
Brenda

3 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

There is no form in France....

There is a sample format which I believe may have originated on the French government website judging by the notes on the form...

I've attached an image of the file and the original .docx version, usual warnings apply, but I have checked it with my AV and it appears clean...

Screenshot 2022-07-09 at 20-01-14 Microsoft Word - Certificat de retablissement Covid - 20210728131431.docx - Certificat de retablissement Covid - 20210728131431.pdf.png

Certificat de retablissement Covid - 20210728131431(1).docx

On 3/11/2022 at 12:33 PM, Jim_Iain said:

The real question will be Bermuda which is our first stop and has a whole different protocol doesn't list Certificate of Recovery as acceptable

Jim, have you received an answer about Bermuda? I have this situation too and am sailing next week.

9 hours ago, Mark_T said:

There is a sample format which I believe may have originated on the French government website judging by the notes on the form...

I've attached an image of the file and the original .docx version, usual warnings apply, but I have checked it with my AV and it appears clean...

Screenshot 2022-07-09 at 20-01-14 Microsoft Word - Certificat de retablissement Covid - 20210728131431.docx - Certificat de retablissement Covid - 20210728131431.pdf.png

Certificat de retablissement Covid - 20210728131431(1).docx 17.59 kB · 4 downloads

Once again, Mark, thank you very much. Even if it no longer exists, I can explain that for embarkation, this is the formula that we need. I did a lot of Googling but still haven’t found that. Shall download the Tousanticovid app today, haven’t bothered before, it may help. 
Sweltering here in the Pyrénées Orientales - 34-36 C forecast for the next several days. 

• Like 1