Live Cruising Review Symphony of the Seas 3/12/2022 - 3/19/2022 Plenty of Pictures!!!

10 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

That’s a bad word that no one wants to talk about.  They won’t say and just kept saying it’s not available… it’s still early … I will find someone who will dish!

Haha that would be so appreciated 😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, joand452 said:

I started reading this thread on my iPad, and there were only7 pages. Caught up on page 10!

I’m happy to be sailing along with you again!

Thank you for coming onboard again!  It’s going to be a good heavy week!

7 hours ago, vegascruiser1 said:

Looking forward to your live review. We will be on the Symphony May 21st. I am looking forward to trying Hooked. 

It is a fantastic ship and the staff on here is great.  I think they got the grove of working together so it feels more relaxed than on the Wonder and they are more fun.  I was there around 8PM and there were only 4 tables occupied and got a lot of attention from the staff.

• Like 1

Day 2

So this cruise is a little shy of 3800 guests onboard according to the CD last night.  Hair Spray is not spraying 😔 and the Solarium Bistro is not operating.  At Hooked I was told that when they had it open during breakfast/ lunch very few people showed up and dinner wasn’t much better.  They were throwing out a lot of food.  Due to food waste concerns they stopped operating.  So if you see Solarium operating then you are on a very busy cruise!  I totally get it that some will want to try it because they have never been on Royal before but I guess they have to balance waste and cost.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Benny, care to educate the clueless about the Mardi Gras?

Carnival … yes I know it’s a bad word on here and  lots of jokes about it at the Comedy show, is stepping up the heat with the Excel Class ship like Mardi Gras.  The entertainment and self service food options on Excel Class ship is amazing.  Guys burger, Shaq’s chicken, Blue Iguana (Mexican), Pizza (sorry so much better than Sorrento’s on Mardi Gras), Street Eats ( food truck type of international cuisine) are phenomenal.  It’s got flavor and variety!  Their staff served dinning options are great too food wise but need more staff because it’s busy and slow.

Also because of Carnival, we are getting a better Royal experience because Royal is stepping up their game as well with bigger ships and an Oasis class ship being deployed to Port Canaveral to do shorter runs.  I think it will be interesting to see this next chapter that Carnival has planned.  I am excited to go on the Celebration at the end of the year to see if they made any improvements from the Mardi Gras.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AximusPrime said:

Is the candy place included in the UDP?

The candy place is NOT included with UDP and you have to watch the candy because they charge by the 1/4 lbs and it adds up very quickly to a $20.00 bag of candy that you can get at the next port for $3.00 or $1.50 in Cozumel 😂 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CityChickCruising said:

So it looks fairly unbusy - do you think most people just go to MDR and windjammer for breakfast because it’s what they know to be open based on other ships? I’ve been so entertained by the lack of morning busyness based on your Oasis class reviews. Or maybe it’s capacity?!

It is busier at Windjammer then MDR for breakfast because yes people are used to it but breakfast and lunch at Solarium bistro is just an extension of Windjammer it’s the same food so unless there is a need to reduce crowding I do t see why they need to open that.  This ship is fairly busy especially with the kids and teens.

• Thanks 1

Day 2 Sea Day

It’s rough out there.  I can handle rough seas but we are rockin and rolling today.  It is much worse at the gym (deck 6 forward) I saw a few people lost their balance on the treadmill.  I know that when the ship is rocking to stay off the treadmill because it’s not a good combination.  The gym was surprisingly only 10% full today.  Must be that DST clock change.  The rocking is not so bad where my room is midship, you feel the rocking but not enough to turn you green.  You do hear the creaking on the ceiling.

• Like 2

Day 2

After visiting Windjammer for two days, I have to say that there are a good selection of food to choose from and enough variety to please most cruisers.  However I am glad that I have UDP on this cruise.  The Windjammer on the Oasis of the seas was better and of course the Wonder was wonderful !