Itinerary change I need help!

Brodysmum

2 minutes ago, Brodysmum said:

Our itinerary has changed. We booked a tour in Jamaica, and now it has been moved from March 30 to 31st. What do I do now? Do I have to re book or will it just default to the next day???

If it is a HAL excursion, it should just default to the next day. I've had similar experiences in the past.  I would watch, though, to make sure it does. 

• Like 1

I called HAL excursions this afternoon and was on hold a long time but finally got through.  If they can swap the excursions to the new day they will and our reservations will be kept.  If they can't we will be refunded and notified.  I was advised to "sit tight".  We may not hear either way until day of sailing. 

6 hours ago, MikeD4134 said:

I would control the result.  Cancel the Excursion and buy a new one. 

That would presume that the replacement excursions for the new date, were available to book on the website.  (again presuming HAL excursions).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MikeD4134 said:

I would control the result.  Cancel the Excursion and buy a new one. 

I’d agree and possibly the OP can do that.

However when our January Hawaii itinerary was scrambled with ports dropped or dates changed, I could no longer get access to some of the shore excursion bookings I’d made & paid for online. Eventually HAL automatically changed or refunded.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

I’d agree and possibly the OP can do that.

However when our January Hawaii itinerary was scrambled with ports dropped or dates changed, I could no longer get access to some of the shore excursion bookings I’d made & paid for online. Eventually HAL automatically changed or refunded.

Yes  HAL will do that, It happened to me on my Eurodan cruise in October.  So when I could not change anything by myself on the webpage, I called and they took care of everything, caneled tours on canceled ports and sold me new ones.

After 2 years of C, I will not sweat the details. If HAL moved their excursion cool. If not I see an extra  Martini at the pool deck in my future. We too have been effected by the port changes. B2B's with both having two ports swapped. I gave up after the second one hit us. 

Drinks at the pool bar anyone? 

• Like 2

For HAL excursion it is extremely likely that they will simply move you to the same time on the new day. Baring something unforeseen like the tour operator not being available. If you give them a couple weeks it should just happen on the back end. HAL has a strong desire for you to take their tour and will do everything possible to make it happen.

My March sailing had an itinerary change (ports reversed) and I got the shorex change notifications a few days later, and one of the three was a few days after that. It will take them a few days to coordinate with your operators and reload everything into the computer. Once that happens you should start getting emails with the new times. 

• Like 1