Delta Wifi

kelkel2

I’ll be traveling with 2 children who would probably travel best with their iPads. Delta’s wifi, it’s charged per device, correct? I couldn’t find information on it on their website just that it was compatible with many types of devices. Is there anything that would prevent me from buying it for my phone and setting up my hotspot from my phone to connect my childrens’ iPads? I just don’t want to pay for 3 wifi passes! 

Just a suggestion for your kids. Delta’s in flight entertainment in the seat back has choices for children. I can’t tell you what they are as my kids are adults. Perhaps someone else can provide more details. Delta does not charge for this. You will need to provide your own earphones or buy them on board. However if your flight is on a Delta Connection then the seat back may not be provided. Hope this helps as I do not know anything about their purchased Wi-Fi.

On 3/14/2022 at 11:32 AM, purduemom1 said:

Just a suggestion for your kids. Delta’s in flight entertainment in the seat back has choices for children. I can’t tell you what they are as my kids are adults. Perhaps someone else can provide more details. Delta does not charge for this. You will need to provide your own earphones or buy them on board. However if your flight is on a Delta Connection then the seat back may not be provided. Hope this helps as I do not know anything about their purchased Wi-Fi.

I think this is what I’m going to do. I really don’t want to bring their iPads as we won’t use them much on the ship. I think the flight itself (kids first time on a plane) and the in flight stuff will be good enough for them. I hadn’t thought it through clearly when I originally thought I’d bring their iPads. But then I was like oh shoot, that’s wifi x3 if I want wifi too, which I for sure want it for myself. That’s expensive! 

8 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Give them each a book.  Yes, real words on paper.

It will be good, not just for the flight, but for their lives.  Get them off the screens.

Good suggestion. Also need to plan on a back up. The seat back entertainment wasn’t working last week on our Delta flight.  

11 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Give them each a book.  Yes, real words on paper.

It will be good, not just for the flight, but for their lives.  Get them off the screens.

My kids read plenty of books, but thank you for your concern. My main concern with traveling is making sure they are not disruptive to others on the plane, so whatever keeps them occupied is fine by me. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

My kids read plenty of books, but thank you for your concern. My main concern with traveling is making sure they are not disruptive to others on the plane, so whatever keeps them occupied is fine by me. 

I can empathize with you even though my kids are adults. My GD is one and my DS and DIL are concerned that she will disrupt others when they fly with her. From my own perspective, I am never annoyed by kids when I see that the parent has tried their best. I’ve seen many adults acting much worse than the children. I hope you have a good trip.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

I can empathize with you even though my kids are adults. My GD is one and my DS and DIL are concerned that she will disrupt others when they fly with her. From my own perspective, I am never annoyed by kids when I see that the parent has tried their best. I’ve seen many adults acting much worse than the children. I hope you have a good trip.

That is so true. There’s plenty of adults that act like oversized children! I personally think my kids are pretty well behaved, especially for their age. But my biggest anxiety of being in public transportation is that my kids could disrupt others and annoy them. 
Ironically, while checking out at Barnes and Noble today someone approached me to tell me how well behaved they were. So I think I do a pretty good job, but sitting still for hours is hard for that age group. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

Ironically, while checking out at Barnes and Noble today someone approached me to tell me how well behaved they were. So I think I do a pretty good job, but sitting still for hours is hard for that age group. 

That is quite a compliment for you in this day and age!  As a retired educator, your concern about others around your children as well as that person's comment tells me you are doing an excellent job as a parent.  

On 3/19/2022 at 10:01 AM, kelkel2 said:

That is so true. There’s plenty of adults that act like oversized children! I personally think my kids are pretty well behaved, especially for their age. But my biggest anxiety of being in public transportation is that my kids could disrupt others and annoy them. 

How nice that a stranger noticed and complemented you. Last Tuesday I was behind a mom in the Pre line. She had an infant and an older toddler, a double stroller and gear. She was very organized, kids were quiet and I complimented her. I could see that she was concerned that she was holding up those behind her. Not so, she and the 2 littles made it thru in less time than some adults w/o kids. 

Please don’t stress, it sounds to me that you are thinking ahead and will most likely have some “diversions” with you in addition to the seat entertainment. Wishing you a good trip.

• Like 1