Diamond Lounge or Suite Lounge?

My question was actually premature. The website recently updated member benefits.  Effective this month, I believe 3/16, D+ have been invited back to the Concierge Lounge.  It will be interesting to see how it’s working out as we are cruising in April.  Unless, of course, things change again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Colonialdame said:

My question was actually premature. The website recently updated member benefits.  Effective this month, I believe 3/16, D+ have been invited back to the Concierge Lounge.  It will be interesting to see how it’s working out as we are cruising in April.  Unless, of course, things change again.

But they have an out if the members on a cruise are to numerous. They will even boot Pinnacle out if there numbers are to high.

But regardless, no C&A benefit for 'free' drinks in any lounge

Edited by John&LaLa

You are right.  Royal did say there would no longer be overflow for lounges.  Just thinking about the logistics of sorting out who’s who for drinks if crowding not an issue.   It will be interesting to see if staff has to sort out who is a suite passenger vs D+ in the the Concierge Lounge for drinks. Cruise Cards for both will work in the magic door. To order a drink,  “Show us your Cruise Card.”  Kinda cringy.  Hope it’s not the case but not really vested in the outcome.

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It is my understanding that unless one is in a suite, a voucher must be used in any lounge. So, no D+ free drinks anyway. 

Is that a new policy that came along with the vouchers?  I ask because that's the first I've heard of it, and it wasn't the case at least at some point in the past.

Yes.  Brand new and not yet in effect.  I have no clue how it will be implemented. If you get a chance, check out the Royal Crown and Anchor page for the recent updates.  Not the laundry list of benefits but the advertised enhancements.  No clarity on D+ and vouchers in their about to be restored admission to Concierge Lounge.

46 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

But regardless, no C&A benefit for 'free' drinks in any lounge

Is this just your opinion, or do you know this for sure and it is a policy that you can point to.

While i understand it will not take long for the bartenders in suite lounge to learn who's who seems pretty complicated

22 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Are the suite lounge drinks the old  limited HH menu?

Even before Covid, while I do tip well with each drink in the lounge, so not sure if that helps.

I never had a problem in the Suite Lounge getting the bartender to bring in the the liquor I preferred (no not Johnnie Walker Blue or other very high end)

37 minutes ago, Colonialdame said:

You are right.  Royal did say there would no longer be overflow for lounges.  Just thinking about the logistics of sorting out who’s who for drinks if crowding not an issue.   It will be interesting to see if staff has to sort out who is a suite passenger vs D+ in the the Concierge Lounge for drinks. Cruise Cards for both will work in the magic door. To order a drink,  “Show us your Cruise Card.”  Kinda cringy.  Hope it’s not the case but not really vested in the outcome.

Sailed in suites a few times recently, they ask for your card in the beginning, later cabin number, and eventually they know you.

Hardly cringe worthy

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

Is this just your opinion, or do you know this for sure and it is a policy that you can point to.

While i understand it will not take long for the bartenders in suite lounge to learn who's who seems pretty complicated

Point blank asked the suite concierge on Symphony last week. She never batted an eye in her response.

No different than asking for vouchers in the DL

15 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

I never had a problem in the Suite Lounge getting the bartender to bring in the the liquor I preferred (no not Johnnie Walker Blue or other very high end)

You're experience is fairly unique. In my rather extensive experience, pre covid, they poured what they had.

32 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

Is that a new policy that came along with the vouchers?  I ask because that's the first I've heard of it, and it wasn't the case at least at some point in the past.

Yes, this is the way forward.

But FWIW, I'd guess the numbers will exceed the capacity anyway. Plus, there aren't many CL's left in the fleet anyway

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Yes, this is the way forward.

But FWIW, I'd guess the numbers will exceed the capacity anyway. Plus, there aren't many CL's left in the fleet anyway

Got it.  I imagine that, even if the numbers were such that non-suite guests were allowed in, the fact that the drinks aren't free will give those folks a lot of pause.  The hors d'oeuvres aren't THAT good!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Sailed in suites a few times recently, they ask for your card in the beginning, later cabin number, and eventually they know you.

Hardly cringe worthy

MSc has a drink package that includes Johnny Walker Blue, not cheap but it was a enjoyable cruise.

So, am I understanding that those with (6)  vouchers  still want unlimited free drinks for certain hours each day?    Wasn't the 6 vouchers  to be in lieu of complementary unlimited  HH drinks.  To me, this fall  into  "be careful what you wish for"   

M

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

So, am I understanding that those with (6)  vouchers  still want unlimited free drinks for certain hours each day?    Wasn't the 6 vouchers  to be in lieu of complementary unlimited  HH drinks.  To me, this fall  into  "be careful what you wish for"   

M

That's what I'm reading here, and in other forums

Got both bases covered for next cruise, Suite and D+, also pretty much a non drinker. One does it.  My vouchers will likely be used for coffee at Lattitudes and bottled water. Just curious as to how it was all going to work. Royal has been consistently inconsistent over the years and Covid certainly threw in a monkey wrench. Over the years different ships and staffs have also varied in strict or lax enforcement regarding drink menus vs a more liberal policy.  Will report back after the cruise. Fingers crossed for uncrowded, relaxing lounge experience.  I make it a practice not to invalidate anyone else’s experience or point of view.  Mine may be different.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

M

They are in lieu of the drinks at the Diamond Lounge happy hour, not the suite happy hour

14 minutes ago, Colonialdame said:

Got both bases covered for next cruise, Suite and D+, also pretty much a non drinker. One does it.  My vouchers will likely be used for coffee at Lattitudes and bottled water. Just curious as to how it was all going to work. Royal has been consistently inconsistent over the years and Covid certainly threw in a monkey wrench. Over the years different ships and staffs have also varied in strict or lax enforcement regarding drink menus vs a more liberal policy.  Will report back after the cruise. Fingers crossed for uncrowded, relaxing lounge experience.  I make it a practice not to invalidate anyone else’s experience or point of view.  Mine may be different.

What ship will you be on🤔

6 minutes ago, Colonialdame said:

Enchantment with small CL where Izumis was. DL is below in Viking Crown. Usually like Freedom Class.

Enchantment CL is at back of VCL, don't recall there ever being an Izumi there. DL is above VCL. 

Vision and Radiance ships seem to be the last with CL's. Not sure about Anthem. 

Might be a new sign up this weekend😉

Starting March 15, technically, all Concierge Lounges are open to Diamond Plus, Pinnacle, and Suite Guests. However, depending on the sailing, the Concierge Lounge may not be open to Diamond Plus or Pinnacles due to too many at that level being on that sailing. They may exclude only Diamond Plus or both Diamond Plus and Pinnacles.
Also starting March 15, technically all Suite Lounges are open to Pinnacle and Suite Guests (not Diamond Plus). However, depending on the sailing, the Suite Lounge may not be open to Pinnacles due to too many at that level being on that sailing.
You will receive a letter in your cabin upon Embarkation indicating what lounge or lounges you will have access to on your sailing. (Diamond, Concierge, Suite).
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, lonig said:
Starting March 15, technically, all Concierge Lounges are open to Diamond Plus, Pinnacle, and Suite Guests. However, depending on the sailing, the Concierge Lounge may not be open to Diamond Plus or Pinnacles due to too many at that level being on that sailing. They may exclude only Diamond Plus or both Diamond Plus and Pinnacles.
Also starting March 15, technically all Suite Lounges are open to Pinnacle and Suite Guests (not Diamond Plus). However, depending on the sailing, the Suite Lounge may not be open to Pinnacles due to too many at that level being on that sailing.
You will receive a letter in your cabin upon Embarkation indicating what lounge or lounges you will have access to on your sailing. (Diamond, Concierge, Suite).

I thought that was always there policy