Spring weather Atlantic and the Med

vaitape

We're taking a TA/Med cruise March thru mid April and are wondering what the temps might be. Goggle says mid 50's to low 60's which certainly isn't shorts and t-shirt weather.

Opinions/experiences? We know about layering but won't bring shorts if the days will be cool. 

Thanks!

I am on the Splendor TA April 5 and it will be my first TA. I am also interested in others experiences. I have researched this quite a bit and yes it seems that 60 degrees will be the high from Bermuda all the way to Spain. I would expect shorts weather from Miami to Bermuda. Also looks like many people have had smooth sailings while others have had rough seas and windy conditions. I am packing some summer clothes as the weather is very unpredictable now and we could have warmer than normal temps, as well as lots of layers for cooler weather. Unfortunately no light packing for this trip😀

• Like 1

We had lots of rain when we were in Spain several years ago in April. It certainly wasn't shorts weather! 

Not sure what to expect in Greece, Sicily and Croatia during that time period.

We're spending 2 weeks in Northern Italy and Switzerland post cruise and anticipate cooler temps there.

Also on the April 5 TA. Here is my cruise buddy's take on our weather. Note, we will be in Spain and Portugal until first week of May, so that is when she is thinking we might see some warmer weather.

Looking at the weather, I think it will mostly be cool (Azores for sure), but perhaps some warm (80s) days in Spain / Portugal.