5 Star discount at Rudi's??

DaveOKC

We already booked a visit to Rudi's on the Koningsdam in a few weeks (dining with others so needed to lock in the time).  I understand that as a 5 Star we should get a 25% discount, but of course by booking online we had to pay full price.  Has anyone been successful in getting the discount applied once onboard and how did you do it?

Edited by DaveOKC

• DaveOKC changed the title to 5 Star discount at Rudi's??
1 minute ago, DaveOKC said:

We already booked a visit to Rudi's on the Koningsdam in a few weeks (dining with others so needed to lock in the time).  I understand that as a 5 Star we should get a 25% discount, but of course by booking online we had to pay full price.  Has anyone been successful in getting the discount applied once onboard and how did you do it?

It's always happened automatically for me.  Loyalty discounts pop up once onboard, without me having to ask or do anything.  This credit will be refundable, meaning if you don't spend it during your cruise it will go on the credit card you registered.  

Sue/WDW1972

It hasn’t worked for me on the koningsdam ever.  I’ve had to hound them to apply this discount for all specialty restaurants. Would have it happened on its own? Maybe after 5 or 6 days.  I’m not willing to wait.  On every other ship I’ve sailed on it happens right away.  There is something different with the koningsdams accounting system.  I’m speaking of my personal experience after 3 times on the k.  I’m not speaking for the experience of jack, Jill or sue.  

Just a little extra info.  When I was on the ship in November I had one heck of a time getting bookings for specialty restaurants.  I’ve had no problems whatsoever last week or this in case the op wanted to make additional reservations on board.  I feel sel de mer is the best restaurant on board.  Unfortunately the pinnacle service was not good.  I refuse to go back on this cruise.

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 4:48 PM, DaveOKC said:

I was on the Rotterdam in February. I had pre booked and paid for Sel de Mer. The discount did not appear. Guest services said that the discount would not be alllied for pre booked reservations UNLIKE the Pinnacle Grill, Tamarind or Canaletto. However they did cancel and recharge me with the discounted price. Possibly pre booking then cancel and rebook upon embarkation would help. 

• Thanks 1

For some unknown reason the Koningsdam has issues with their accounting system. Two cruises ago the Neptune concierge had to track down accounting and pester them until the last day for the credits to be applied. It worked a lot better for me last week. Two lump sums that added up to an extra $2 from what I expected appeared on my folio mid cruise. Apparently these all must be posted manually by accounting and are done mid-late cruise. Keep an eye on your folio throughout the cruise and if you don't see it post a couple days before the end stop by guest services and report that it needs to be fixed. If you use the Navigator App feedback section I have always gotten very fast responses. They really do look at it closely. After this last cruise I am cautiously optimistic that they have it sorted out. 

I have seen reports on here from someone who could not get the discounts onboard at all and they finally got a refund check from the Mariner Society after their cruise. 

10 hours ago, kopykat said:

I was on the Rotterdam in February. I had pre booked and paid for Sel de Mer. The discount did not appear. Guest services said that the discount would not be alllied for pre booked reservations UNLIKE the Pinnacle Grill, Tamarind or Canaletto. However they did cancel and recharge me with the discounted price. Possibly pre booking then cancel and rebook upon embarkation would help. 

I was on the Rotterdam in December and it worked just fine.  I prebooked and paid for Sel de Mer for the 1st night of the cruise, and within a day or 2 of the meal the credits were on my account.  I hope what you were told was simply bad information and not a change in their practice.

Sue/WDW1972

1 hour ago, wdw1972 said:

I was on the Rotterdam in December and it worked just fine.  I prebooked and paid for Sel de Mer for the 1st night of the cruise, and within a day or 2 of the meal the credits were on my account.  I hope what you were told was simply bad information and not a change in their practice.

Sue/WDW1972

Since my meal is on the next to last day of the cruise, this does not leave much time for them to adjust the bill.  THANKS everyone for all the advice.

25 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Since my meal is on the next to last day of the cruise, this does not leave much time for them to adjust the bill.  THANKS everyone for all the advice.

You will see the charge before you go to bed. If it needs correction, send a note in the Navigator app immediately, then check your invoice in the morning.

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

Do check your bill carefully.  I would suggest daily. I’ve had mistakes galore on mine.  Even when I’ve mentioned I was using my 5 star freebie a couple times I still got charged.  When I booked it at the reservations desk they put comments in not to charge me.  That didn’t work either. Strangely enough sel de mer is the only one I didn’t have issues with.  Apparently they have some people from corporate onboard trying to fix their system.  I’ve rarely had issues on any other ship.

31 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Do check your bill carefully.  I would suggest daily. I’ve had mistakes galore on mine.  Even when I’ve mentioned I was using my 5 star freebie a couple times I still got charged.  When I booked it at the reservations desk they put comments in not to charge me.  That didn’t work either. Strangely enough sel de mer is the only one I didn’t have issues with.  Apparently they have some people from corporate onboard trying to fix their system.  I’ve rarely had issues on any other ship.

Thanks for the heads up.  I will watch it.  I have two free 5 Star meals, a free one from booking and I bought one, so it could be confusing.

27 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I will watch it.  I have two free 5 Star meals, a free one from booking and I bought one, so it could be confusing.

I think this is when it becomes a problem.  If you don’t pre purchase or you don’t have freebies from your status I believe your issues are greatly reduced.

7 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’ve rarely had issues on any other ship.

There is a mysterious "Night Auditor" that seems to roam from ship to ship that causes issues at times.  I have had such issues with the most irritating one being on the Prinsendam.  It took a Front Office Officer to get that issue resolved after several attempts by other staff who worked at the Front Office. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Yes the night auditor:).  I don't think it's a real.person.  All the rest of the staff is excellent.  The front office needs to walk the plank.

On the Prinsendam, I was told by the Front Desk Officer that there was such a person.  There is someone "behind the scenes" in most large businesses who oversee the financial transactions for that business.