Is Cruising for Couples?

I think cruising is definitely suitable for your style and I would not hesitate to go on an oasis class.  There are sooo many places in the evening / night to escape the crowds if you want to,    And also plenty of options to keep busy or engage in. A Crowd if you want!  

Sept 2022 - I believe will be a Mediterranean cruise? 

Thanks everyone! It definitely sounds like we wouldn't be the only couples on board. 

We're now toying between Wonder OTS for the amount of things to do and varied entertainment and Resilient Lady with Virgin Voyages, as this seems more adult-focussed (no kids allowed). 

We may go with VV rather than RCI, as they appear to lean more towards a younger crowd and we'd love to meet other people around our own age. However, I'm sure this is also possible with RCI. So many choices!🙂

I would definitely recommend Virgin Voyages for you. The food is fantastic. The quality of cocktails is superior, and they have fun things like private karaoke rooms and a free vintage arcade. There is one "raunchy" show but it's easy to not go to it if that's not your thing. The vibe is friendly, kid-free, and do your own thing. It is a bit more expensive, nothing wrong with Royal if you need to be more budget minded.

We cruise as a couple. Some cruises we have found another couple that we interact well with and other cruises not.

We prefer the smaller, less amusement park like, ships.

Lots of quiet bars.  Or not so quiet bars.  Depending on your mood at the time.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 2:19 PM, Air&Sea said:

Cruising is for EVERYONE. 

The trick is finding the right cruise line and right ship.

Carnival has a reputation for having a lot of college aged passengers. Princess is known for being a little more upscale. We like Royal because it suits our family dynamic.

The new Virgin cruise line is really targeting couples like yourself. Take a look at their website.

Have you ever cruised when that Bear 🐻 group is onboard?

On 3/14/2022 at 2:03 PM, Ozzy106 said:

Hi all, 

First time poster here but very long time lurker!

My partner and I are 26 and are considering booking a 7-night cruise on Wonder of the Seas for September 2022. I've cruised numerous times in family and friend groups but never in a couple. 

My question is, do you think cruising is suitable for couples? Younger couples too? We like the idea of having lots to do during the day, but we're a little unsure of nighttime entertainment. We like sitting in more private quieter bars but I'm not sure if they are very plentiful on Oasis class ships? I can think of vintages and the trellis bar being possibilities, but does anyone know of other more couples-focused areas on Oasis ships? We're also keen to explore other areas, but we also don't want to feel like we are a young couple surrounded by families etc 🙂

Does anyone that has cruised in a couple and have any tips or advice?

Thanks!

I have children ages 32, 30, 28, 22 and 20 yr old.  They have not been on the Oasis class ships.  When I was face timing them a few weeks ago on the Symphony day and night they were all saying we want to be there!!  They all like the activities, bar scenes, sleeping late, gym, food...etc...  I did notice a lot of young 20 somethings in the Solarium relaxing, in the gym, walking around and sitting in central park, at the sports bar.  My husband and I aren't big on crowded areas and always found a quiet area on the Symphony.  Only part of the ship that was way too crowded was the pool areas.  It was actually really nice on that cruise to see younger people.  We usually do the smaller ships when schools are in session so we normally get the older crowds.