CDC adjusts warnings

deliver42

1 minute ago, tinaincc said:

Done all of those things and still had COVID.  As have many of our leaders, some of them twice. 

Wearing a seatbelt doesn't ensure that you will not get in a car accident nor will it will ensure that you won't get killed in a car accident. Should we just take that risk and go without them? There is a reason there are laws requiring them... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WonderMan3 said:

Wearing a seatbelt doesn't ensure that you will not get in a car accident nor will it will ensure that you won't get killed in a car accident. Should we just take that risk and go without them? There is a reason there are laws requiring them... 

what laws are in place or even CDC guidance that is anything but optional now? That is the point of the OP’s message. 

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

And a great deal more testing and empirical evidence as to their efficacy vs. some COVID protocols.

Yet ample evidence to show that getting Covid has a much, much, much higher chance of negative health consequences vs. some side effect of getting vaccinated or wearing a mask.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Yet ample evidence to show that getting Covid has a much, much, much higher chance of negative health consequences vs. some side effect of getting vaccinated or wearing a mask.  

Hitting a bridge abutment at 70mph has a much, much, much higher chance of negative health consequences vs. some side effect of wearing a seat belt.

Sorry, I don't think we're doing well with the analogy.

There is reason for great skepticism regarding some of the COVID protocols.  Not so, seat belts.  They have needed to (and could have done) duplicate the 'crash dummy' test concept with masking, for example, and see exactly what moves how and what value there is.  Nobody seems interested.  Nobody willing to fund the study.

Previous testing (which already exists, and is how one gets an 'N95' certification) should have been replicated across a wide range of mask materials and fits using tracer material of a more appropriate size for this problem.

Edited by canderson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Huh? I assume you meant that the variant is "more infectious". Virulent means harmful so your comment as written makes no sense.

Yes thank you for the correction, that’s exactly what I meant. I’m going to duck out if this topic now as I’m getting dizzy going round and round and round. Have a great safe cruise season  everyone and take whatever precautions you personally  feel effective to make you feel safe. 

Edited by sunlover33
  • Like 1