Princess New Deployment Plans 4/15/22

LACruiser88

On 3/25/2022 at 5:46 AM, socmft said:

Originally booked 4/16/23 and 4/23/23 on Ruby out of SF for California Coastal. I know it's been rescheduled to Royal...but I can't find ANY California Coastal cruises for any ship for these two weeks. Anyone else booked for these two weeks?

My DH and I are also booked B2B on these two cruises. 

Nothing is showing because Princess is in the process of reassigning cabins on the Royal for those booked on the Ruby. 

I called Princess and was reassured that B2B reservations will get the same cabin for both cruises.  3 days ago, we received an email from Princess confirming that we are in category M1 (Club Class Mini-suite) which is what we booked on the Ruby.

My understanding is that we will receive room assignments by 4-7-2022.

Edited by JudithLynne

On 3/26/2022 at 12:38 PM, JudithLynne said:

My DH and I are also booked B2B on these two cruises. 

Nothing is showing because Princess is in the process of reassigning cabins on the Royal for those booked on the Ruby. 

I called Princess and was reassured that B2B reservations will get the same cabin for both cruises.  3 days ago, we received an email from Princess confirming that we are in category M1 (Club Class Mini-suite) which is what we booked on the Ruby.

My understanding is that we will receive room assignments by 4-7-2022.

Thank you!

I thought the announcement meant that for all of 2023 Royal would be in SF.  It says for the rest of the 2022/2023 season, I never knew cruise seasons were different than a regular calendar year.  I was hoping to get upgraded from an ocean view on the Ruby to a better room on the Royal, but that won't happen now. I learn something new every day!

2 hours ago, JRay21 said:

I thought the announcement meant that for all of 2023 Royal would be in SF.  It says for the rest of the 2022/2023 season, I never knew cruise seasons were different than a regular calendar year.  I was hoping to get upgraded from an ocean view on the Ruby to a better room on the Royal, but that won't happen now. I learn something new every day!

The 2022/2023 is the winter season when many ships would relocate from Europe in October and spend the winter in FLA till April.  Some also may go from the NYC metro area and relocate to San Juan for the winter. Alaska ships would migrate south to do Mexican Riviera or California coastal cruises, while others like the NCL Bliss do the canal ending in Miami and then the reverse in October.

Some cruise lines have sailings already open through April of 2024.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 6:15 AM, JRay21 said:

I just got my new cabin assignment on the Royal.  Looks like they keep your room category (I reserved "DB" on the Ruby and received same category on the Royal).

• Like 1

On 3/27/2022 at 10:54 AM, retired boomers said:

Where is the best parking for cruises out of San Diego?

I highly recommend Aladdin which is primarily a private airport lot but they run a separate cruise shuttle.  All covered parking (optional discount for rooftop), uniformed attendants, very well run, very  frequent shuttles.  Been using them for years (mostly airport but also cruises).

On 3/24/2022 at 7:06 PM, ceilidh1 said:

Special offer: These new programs will launch with $1 Deposits and they’ll also receive $50 onboard spending money per guest for bookings made by Mar 31, 2022 for Diamond Princess and by April 15, 2022 for Ruby and Royal Princess select sailings

Was this only for TA bookings?  Looking to book for Ruby and want to see if anyone knew.

12 hours ago, socmft said:

I just got my new cabin assignment on the Royal.  Looks like they keep your room category (I reserved "DB" on the Ruby and received same category on the Royal).

We were in an aft S6 on the Ruby and have been placed in a forward facing S5 on the Royal.  I am not sure how we feel about that considering husband needs Mylan Ondansetron 8mg (used on chemo therapy patients to control nausea) to alleviate his motion sickness when traveling,