FCCs Applied But in Wrong Amount

vermonter16

It took a few months but Celebrity finally came through with our missing FCCs.  With that being said, we went to apply them right away and it says it will take up to 48 hours.  It has now been 5 days and we are still waiting...one out of 4 has partly been applied...but that is it.  Has anyone else had this happen?  We should have about 3600k in FCC....they have applied about 1k.  I don't want to go back and bug them right away if this is something that just may take a little time.

The reason they say it can take up to 48 hours is that it can take that time internally to have the booking reflect the transaction.  But the transaction itself is essentially automatic as soon as you submit it.  There is no reason it should take 5 days.  You are not bugging them to call to follow up - it is your booking and your FCC's being applied and if you have not seen a booking confirmation within the suggested 48 hour period you are well within your rights to call to follow up.  I would have done so on day 3!  Especially if I had made the booking and applied the FCC myself directly on line.  If I had done so through a TA I would have them follow up as well - commencing on day 3.

I would also have them confirm the actual amount of the FCC's they are showing on their records, and the actual amount applied to the booking, and the remaining amount to be applied - and when.  I would then have them send you an updated booking confirmation via email indicating the transactions applied.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We actually just received these 'new' FCCs because two were nowhere to be found (even though we had the emails for them) and the other two were never originally issued.  So, we had 4 FCCs come through with all the info....we applied all of them....and yet, still don't have the amounts.  I don't understand.  We applied them ourselves because we booked through Celebrity.  I will contact them...will be a week on Friday.  Maybe I can ask our Rep to send us the new booking for the amount that they have applied.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, vermonter16 said:

We actually just received these 'new' FCCs because two were nowhere to be found (even though we had the emails for them) and the other two were never originally issued.  So, we had 4 FCCs come through with all the info....we applied all of them....and yet, still don't have the amounts.  I don't understand.  We applied them ourselves because we booked through Celebrity.  I will contact them...will be a week on Friday.  Maybe I can ask our Rep to send us the new booking for the amount that they have applied.

Yes definitely call and tell them to email an updated booking confirmation.  That would be SOP.  Hope you get it all worked out.

Just to give an update...The 2 larger FCC's that we had which were just over $1500 each have still not been applied.  They applied a few hundred dollars of one of them and issued a new FCC.  The other one of the same amount is still in process.  I took the new FCC they sent and applied it...but here we are 3 days later and it is still in process and we will be going on 2 weeks with the other one still 'processing'.  Our Celebrity rep can do 'nothing' about it.  I guess I will go back to resolutions again.  I don't understand why this is so difficult for Celebrity.  

I had a problem when FCC were applied to a sailing.  I initially had them applied to a sailing in early 2021 and they were applied correctly but that sailing was cancelled so then they were applied to a sailing later in the year.  At that time, I used a travel agent.  When the booking confirmations came, the amounts of the FCC were not correct and were posted as random separate amounts rather than a whole amount as issued but the balance due was correct.  They showed the FCC as higher than what they were and the Celebrity Booking Confirmation showed the difference as a discount.  I questioned it but was told everything was fine after trying to get them to post it correctly.  Fast forward about two months before the sailing and there was a price drop.  The amount they wanted to give was significantly less.  I kept trying to explain this to my travel agent and then the Best Offer Guarantee reps.  I brought up the FCC issue.   I had to type it all out with the #'s and explain everything line by line.  It finally was resolved but with much more effort than it needed to be.

I know this is different than your situation but there was an initial problem with that booking and the way the FCC's were applied.  If it was corrected at the time of booking, like I wanted it to, I believe there wouldn't have been a problem with the Best Offer Guarantee.  

I would say to call and get it figured out as soon as possible.  Keep trying until you get someone to help/give answers/get it resolved.

🍹

Thank you for your response.  I don't know why I keep thinking that giving them more time will help things.  At this point, a discount should be offered simply because of all the hours spent trying to get this taken care of (although I know that it won't, lol).  I have typed out everything, cost of the initial cruises, the original numbers and amounts of FCC given, and what the amount should be for the FCC that they never gave us, all with the reservation numbers, etc.  The rep finally got that all together and reissued the FCC's with new numbers and issued the FCC that we never got.  I was ecstatic that we finally had it squared away.  But, now it isn't squared away. 

I'm sorry for all the trouble that you went through and thanks for sharing.  It is good to know that we aren't alone in trying to fix this and that others have had issues too, although I'm sorry that you had them.