EZ Air Question

Jaymuxman

I booked business class airfare roundtrip to Rome for May cruise using EZ Air.  At the time, when I made final payment for cruise, airfare as paid for as well. Original flights were on AA but several weeks later I found seats on United for a little over $1300 cheaper (also through EZ Air). So, I cancel the AA flights and booked the United. Can someone please tell me how/when I will receive the difference in what I originally paid and the cost of our flights now? I am assuming since it was done 45 days before the flight, I am entitled to a refund and not a cruise credit?? I have called Princess and received absolutely no satisfaction at all. 

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help answer my question.

How did you pay for it originally? If you booked with a Travel Agency they must contact Princess to start the process. If you booked directly Princess should start the refund process.  Either way, be prepared for  a very long wait to see such a refund to a credit card. Gift cards or cruise credits should be refunded back to the source. So if you used a gift, card be sure to keep that card information for future reuse.

• Like 1

Once the timing is “resolved” with Princess/EZair, I suggest you put a follow up reminder on your calendar to re-contact them if you’ve not received your refund within a reasonable period, maybe two weeks or so.
The last time this happened to me and the refund did not show up as promised, I had to call Princess/EZair and found when talking to them that the refund had gotten lost in the paperwork shuffle somewhere.

They remedied the problem very quickly after that but if I hadn’t called who knows what would’ve happened.

• Like 1

If you booked EZair  FLEXIBLE fare and refared using EZair and the change was more than 45 days  out then you are eligible for a refund for the difference. That amount would be returned to your credit card.

You can either wait for the refund to cycle through which can take quite a while or you, or your TA if you used one, can contact Princess and ask the rep to  “trigger” the refund.  If you used a TA they can also look at your booking and see if the refund is still pending on your booking.

requesting that the refund is triggered can be done via the chat feature rather than waiting in hold. Once triggered you should have your refund within 10-15 business days. 

Edit: Here is the link to EZAir facts. https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/travel_transportation_faq/popup/PC_PC_ezair.html

Edited by Shelly97060
Added link
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Musky Ike said:

Just noticed the change was after final payment. This might make a difference. Others have posted that they would only give them onboard credit for those changes.

Just last month I received a refund for a reduced EZair fare well after final payment. 

• Like 3