Diamond (Black Card) specialty dining perks question

seapad

Does someone happen to know, for Diamond (Black card) 1 free specialty dining meal perks, specifically on the Seashore - can we choose between Butcher Cut, Ocean Cay Seafood, or Teppanyaki? 

The reason I ask is that in our previous sailing on the Seaside before the pandemic, the Teppanyaki was NOT included in the free meal option. We can only choose between Butchers Cut or the Seafood Restaurant. Hoping that have changed and we can pick our free specialty dining there. 

Thanks! 

4 minutes ago, DisneyDatknee said:

When I sailed in August on the Meraviglia, Teppanyaki was not an option but the Sushi Bar was. We did the Sushi bar and enjoyed it. I'm not sure if the Seashore will have the "Conveyor Belt Sushi" as one of the Diamond Card options. 

Interesting. So how do they figure out the account of sushi for the free dining if it were the conveyor belt?

I assume there's a set amount of $?

After we sailed on our second Seaside cruise which was four months after the original Miami sailing MSC stopped people using Tepanyaki, no reason was given but likely due to the large numbers booking.

Butchers cut has been very good food wise.

On Seashore you can book either Butchers Cut, Ocean Cay or Sushi. Not sure how the Sushi works.  I hate Sushi.  If you like Sushi though, they have a good deal where one night they have all you can eat Sushi for $33.  It is only for 45 minutes though so you had better plan on eating fast.

1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

On Seashore you can book either Butchers Cut, Ocean Cay or Sushi. Not sure how the Sushi works.  I hate Sushi.  If you like Sushi though, they have a good deal where one night they have all you can eat Sushi for $33.  It is only for 45 minutes though so you had better plan on eating fast.

What a joke. In the MDR it takes over an hour to get you your main entrée.

But you only have 45 minutes to eat all you can. LOL

12 hours ago, seapad said:

Interesting. So how do they figure out the account of sushi for the free dining if it were the conveyor belt?

I assume there's a set amount of $?

The conveyor belt sushi is not included; you have a couple of "set" tasting sushi menus to pick from.  

25 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

The conveyor belt sushi is not included; you have a couple of "set" tasting sushi menus to pick from.  

Would you please provide the set tasting menu?

TIA

2 hours ago, JAGR said:

On Seaside, it was the experience menu.

image.png.dc56da2a6ac5afbc49cff1609f3b58fb.png

Thanks very much for the menu. I did have that one, however, I didn't read it as 

'If you like Sushi though, they have a good deal where one night they have all you can eat Sushi for $33.  It is only for 45 minutes though so you had better plan on eating fast.'

If this is what it is, it reads as 

'Replace a dish from the DE selection with one from the a la carte menu, for 50%of the listed price.'

So, that would be an additional cost of 50% of the item you changed to, to the pkg you bought.

Not clear, very confusing, very expensive, .....

If I buy the 2 pkg I would get Butcher's Cut and Tepenyaki. With that option or choice in the Menu it states you may use Sencho/Katana Dining Experience. No mention of Sushi all you can eat for $33 within 45 minutes. That must be something special/one night offer.

Thanks again for your help. 

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising!

Edited by Oxo

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Thanks very much for the menu. I did have that one, however, I didn't read it as 

'If you like Sushi though, they have a good deal where one night they have all you can eat Sushi for $33.  It is only for 45 minutes though so you had better plan on eating fast.'

If this is what it is, it reads as 

'Replace a dish from the DE selection with one from the a la carte menu, for 50%of the listed price.'

So, that would be an additional cost of 50% of the item you changed to, to the pkg you bought.

Not clear, very confusing, very expensive, .....

If I buy the 2 pkg I would get Butcher's Cut and Tepenyaki. With that option or choice in the Menu it states you may use Sencho/Katana Dining Experience. No mention of Sushi all you can eat for $33 within 45 minutes. That must be something special/one night offer.

Thanks again for your help. 

You may be confusing things a bit.  The original question was on what you can get with your Diamond perk.  Forget the AYCE 45 minutes special. That is a one-off deal offered once each week at best.  When you reference buying a package you are no longer in the Diamond free meal zone.  Essentially, you have a sampler meal listed, and if you substitute an item you pay 50% of the difference.  So, yes. Take the AYCE out of the equation

Edited by JAGR

6 minutes ago, JAGR said:

You may be confusing things a bit.  The original question was on what you can get with your Diamond perk.  Forget the AYCE 45 minutes special. That is a one-off deal offered once each week at best.  When you reference buying a package you are no longer in the Diamond free meal zone.  Essentially, you have a sampler meal listed, and if you substitute an item you pay 50% of the difference.  So, yes. Take the AYCE out of the equation

I'm not confused.  I'm adding on to post 2 which surfaced the sushi bar then it went to the $33 all you can eat. As you and I know, each thread multiples into many different directions. 

Thank you,  for verifying that the AYCE is a special as I thought it was in my previous posting. 

5 minutes ago, Oxo said:

I'm not confused.  I'm adding on to post 2 which surfaced the sushi bar then it went to the $33 all you can eat. As you and I know, each thread multiples into many different directions. 

Thank you,  for verifying that the AYCE is a special as I thought it was in my previous posting. 

Yes, it is a special.  I just threw that in there because it is actually a better deal imho.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the great info. So just to clarify for my understanding, I'm actually interested in the Teppanyai Kaito Dining Experience. Does someone know whether I can do this with my Diamond free specialty deal?

Thx

5 hours ago, seapad said:

Thanks for the great info. So just to clarify for my understanding, I'm actually interested in the Teppanyai Kaito Dining Experience. Does someone know whether I can do this with my Diamond free specialty deal?

Thx

Yes, you can go to Teppenyaki's as your Diamond meal

39 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

We are both diamond and each got a meal at Butcher Cut. They also did not charge us for our granddaughter's meal.

Wow, you got lucky because we have only ever received one meal per cabin and it even states it on the Voyager Benefits Page.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Wow, you got lucky because we have only ever received one meal per cabin and it even states it on the Voyager Benefits Page.

Correct. One per cabin.  Used to be a specialty dining for 2 for each Diamond (previously Black) card holder.  

39 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

That means you have to split the meal? It use to be 2/Diamond. Then 1/Diamond. Now 1/cabin?

CHEAP!

Edited by Oxo

3 minutes ago, Oxo said:

That means you have to split the meal? It use to be 2/Diamond. Then 1/Diamond. Now 1/cabin?

CHEAP!

A couple, who are both Diamond, will get one meal for two.

A couple, one of whom is Diamond, one of whom is not, will get one meal for two.

Two Diamonds will get one meal for two.

It's a free perk. Subject to change.  

45 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

A couple, who are both Diamond, will get one meal for two.

A couple, one of whom is Diamond, one of whom is not, will get one meal for two.

Two Diamonds will get one meal for two.

It's a free perk. Subject to change.  

Thanks for the clarification. It seems like this pops up every so often. The last time we were on Seaside Nov 2019 it was 1/Diamond guest.