Norway in a Nutshell

I don’t see this excursion as an option to book on my Prima September 13th sailing however I see ncl often has “Norway in a nutshell” on offer in the past.  NCL’s version sounds like an abbreviated option to fit into the port day.  We’re in Bergen from 9:15am - 5pm so I wouldn’t feel comfortable trying to book unless through the ship.  

Question- has anyone booked this excursion through ncl and if so do you remember how far in advance it was offered?  I’m hoping for it to come available but have booked something else for now as a backup. 

Norway in a nutshell®’ is a registered trademark for tours provided by the Norwegian company ‘Fjord Tours’.  
Usually used for the trip from Bergen to Aurland fjord and Flåm by train, ship, and bus and to Oslo.

It takes 3 hours to get from Bergen to Flåm. You need to ask at the actual cruise board if these tours are provided by your actual cruiseline. 

You can easily book individual trips yourself, which is part of the nutshell concept if it can be achieved within the time frame. 
If this is your first visit to Bergen, there is plenty to see and experience in Bergen.

What other ports do you visit?  Trips from there might be possible.

Edited by hallasm
  • Thanks 1

Thanks. I had no idea this was a trademark of Fjord Tours.
We have been to Bergen and Alesund on a cruise.

This cruise has Norway port days for 

OSLO, 9am-5pm
KRISTIANSAND, 7am-3:30pm
BERGEN, 9:15am-5pm
GEIRANGER, 8am-10pm
ALESUND, 7am-5pm

My husband loves trains so was trying to incorporate the Flam railway somehow.  I’m looking at Fjord Tours website and their Norway in a Nutshell does not fit into our Bergen day.

we did Nutshell a few years ago after our cruise ended in Bergen.

I just did a dummy booking and you can still get the one day round trip Bergen to Flam to Bargen with train one way and ferry the return BUT is is a LONG day. The train departs Bergen at 0830 and returns to the train station at 2100.

Since your Bergen hours are 9 to 5 ..... 😪

I'd mention we extended our cruise several days when it ended in Bergen first spending two nights in Bergen then did 'nutshell' Bergen to Oslo via Flam. The addition time to Oslo would make for a VERY long day so we overnighted in Flam and were able to enjoy AFTER the day crowd had left.

Technically nutshell includes these legs and you can mix and match . . .

image.thumb.png.e01b5e3433d4238f212f8ccc03c8f950.png

IMG_1101.JPG

100_0399.JPG

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 7:56 PM, littlelulu01 said:

I don’t see this excursion as an option to book on my Prima September 13th sailing however I see ncl often has “Norway in a nutshell” on offer in the past.  NCL’s version sounds like an abbreviated option to fit into the port day.  We’re in Bergen from 9:15am - 5pm so I wouldn’t feel comfortable trying to book unless through the ship.  

Question- has anyone booked this excursion through ncl and if so do you remember how far in advance it was offered?  I’m hoping for it to come available but have booked something else for now as a backup. 

Hi Littlelulu01!

We're sailing on the Star in June and that excursion isn't offered for us either.  We only have 4 choices for Bergen through NCL.  

• Thanks 1