NYC port in Manhattan parking at the pier terminal

smokeykat

Hi everyone!

1st time leaving from NYC port in Manhattan on the JOY next month and I am looking for any information about the parking at the terminal.

Your experience parking, best time to arrive for a good spot, is it indoor parking, dropping off luggage  etc.

Thanks 🙂

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

no indoor parking, you are parking outside on the roof of the terminal building

OK thanks!

I am used to Royal Caribbean with their own indoor/outdoor parking facility in NJ 🙂

How fast does the roof top parking fill up? What is the best time to get there?

19 minutes ago, smokeykat said:

OK thanks!

I am used to Royal Caribbean with their own indoor/outdoor parking facility in NJ 🙂

How fast does the roof top parking fill up? What is the best time to get there?

The only times the parking lots completely filled were in the height of the summer cruise season when cruise lines that only occasionally sail from Manhattan were using the port. Even in the unlikely event that the lot on top of Pier 88, the pier your ship will be using were to fill there will still plenty of parking available in the lot on top the the adjacent pier, Pier 90...and there's even more parking at Pier 92. 

I assume you'll have an assigned check in time, so just plan to arrive a bit before that.

The two times we cruised out of NYC pre-Covid we used Park Rite, which is just down the street.  You show up at the garage, give them your confirmation number, a driver jumps in and brings you to the port, you unload and the driver take the car back to the garage.  When you arrive you call them once you are off the boat and they drive the car to you and help you load the luggage.  Easy-peasy!

https://parkright.com/670-w-43-st-new-york.shtml

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Redsky5292 said:

The two times we cruised out of NYC pre-Covid we used Park Rite, which is just down the street.  You show up at the garage, give them your confirmation number, a driver jumps in and brings you to the port, you unload and the driver take the car back to the garage.  When you arrive you call them once you are off the boat and they drive the car to you and help you load the luggage.  Easy-peasy!

Thank you for sharing this option. 

Only downsides to using the pier-adjacent parking is the cost ($40/day) and the wait for the outside elevator to get to the parking deck when disembarking.  Otherwise, the overwhelming advantage is its proximity and easy-on, easy-off the westside highway. 

On a typical Sunday when disembarking, I'm usually across the GW Bridge on the Palisades Parkway within 20 minutes.

On 3/17/2022 at 1:22 PM, Redsky5292 said:

If you park at Park Right and use code Save10 to save 10% then the price is about $210-215 for the week. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 1:22 PM, Redsky5292 said:

I just booked this for our Feb 2023 Cruise.  When I emailed to price check they stated their rates were $32.00 per day oversized vehicle (which from what I read dang near anything is classified as oversized) so I booked for oversized and white glove - they bring car to terminal at the end of the cruise.  Online it's 19.80 a day parking  + $40 to come to terminal when you disembark.  Not sure why they gave me one price in email and there is another price offered online but I took the more economical of the two.  Did you experience anything like this?  They did mention the Save10 code.  It worked when I reserved at the cheaper rate too. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 3:46 PM, DT113DT said:

I just booked this for our Feb 2023 Cruise.  When I emailed to price check they stated their rates were $32.00 per day oversized vehicle (which from what I read dang near anything is classified as oversized) so I booked for oversized and white glove - they bring car to terminal at the end of the cruise.  Online it's 19.80 a day parking  + $40 to come to terminal when you disembark.  Not sure why they gave me one price in email and there is another price offered online but I took the more economical of the two.  Did you experience anything like this?  They did mention the Save10 code.  It worked when I reserved at the cheaper rate too. 

So you are saving $16 not parking at the pier? I’d just pay $40 a day. We usually grab a porter before going through customs, skip the line, and he takes the luggage to our vehicle (tip $20). It can save time if the lines are long.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2022 at 9:01 AM, mjkacmom said:

So you are saving $16 not parking at the pier? I’d just pay $40 a day. We usually grab a porter before going through customs, skip the line, and he takes the luggage to our vehicle (tip $20). It can save time if the lines are long.

It was 19.00 a day, inside parking and valet service to and from terminal.  I did not see where I could reserve at the pier this far in advance, park sleep fly had no availability and I just wanted everything arranged and out of the way.  I am able to cancel this 24 hours ahead of arrival if I find something that works better.  I posted because I wondered if anyone else noticed the price for oversized is much less than what they quoted.  Probably need to be a bit closer to the date for people to be talking about their arrangements.

1 hour ago, DT113DT said:

It was 19.00 a day, inside parking and valet service to and from terminal.  I did not see where I could reserve at the pier this far in advance, park sleep fly had no availability and I just wanted everything arranged and out of the way.  I am able to cancel this 24 hours ahead of arrival if I find something that works better.  I posted because I wondered if anyone else noticed the price for oversized is much less than what they quoted.  Probably need to be a bit closer to the date for people to be talking about their arrangements.

I think they are going to charge you the $32 for oversized if you have a vehicle that can be considered a SUV, they all do. If you park at the pier, you do not have to worry about not having reservations because they never fill up.