All COVID-19 travel restrictions removed in the UK

Although, of course, the removal of all statutory public health protections simply makes living here less safe than it was, even with our previous "light touch" measures. A particular concern for those of us who are clinically vulnerable - many of us, me included, feel abandoned by our government.

On 3/17/2022 at 9:17 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Now if only the US would lift the requirement for testing to get back home!

So I hope you can help, I am trying to figure out how to get a COVID test before we fly home.  The day before we dock we are at sea, so no video.  And of course the airline changed the flight from when we booked and now is 12:15  . . .  wouldn't it be cool if the cruise ship's medical would set it up for the day at sea???  Do you know any resource?

5 hours ago, West Coast Gal said:

So I hope you can help, I am trying to figure out how to get a COVID test before we fly home.  The day before we dock we are at sea, so no video.  And of course the airline changed the flight from when we booked and now is 12:15  . . .  wouldn't it be cool if the cruise ship's medical would set it up for the day at sea???  Do you know any resource?

Which cruiseline ? Lots of them allow you to get a Covid test done onboard (at a cost) for exactly this reason.

10 minutes ago, West Coast Gal said:

Princess in May

If my home country requires proof of a negative COVID-19 test result for re-entry following my cruise, will Princess administer and cover the cost of the test?

If a negative COVID-19 test is required for re-entry into your home country, subject to availability, Princess will cover the costs of any COVID-19 test administered on board within the timeframe required prior to travel. Please note that if your travel plans go beyond the validity of the onboard test, you are responsible for securing and paying for your own test.

Guests are encouraged to review their home country’s health authority and travel websites to understand the latest guidance on required testing and timing for return travel.

From: CruiseHealth™ FAQ: Sailings from the the United Kingdom - Princess Cruises

Assuming your sailing from UK as you posted in the UK board, if not check the princess website for the correct info for your sailing

9 hours ago, West Coast Gal said:

The day before we dock we are at sea, so no video.  

Not necessarily.  It is all dependent on the quality of the ship's internet signal from the satellite.  Given that you will be close to a "mainland" you may very well have good internet/WIFI.  Also...what is the itinerary (i.e. where are you going to be during that last sea day?)

16 hours ago, defbref said:
If my home country requires proof of a negative COVID-19 test result for re-entry following my cruise, will Princess administer and cover the cost of the test?

If a negative COVID-19 test is required for re-entry into your home country, subject to availability, Princess will cover the costs of any COVID-19 test administered on board within the timeframe required prior to travel. Please note that if your travel plans go beyond the validity of the onboard test, you are responsible for securing and paying for your own test.

Guests are encouraged to review their home country’s health authority and travel websites to understand the latest guidance on required testing and timing for return travel.

From: CruiseHealth™ FAQ: Sailings from the the United Kingdom - Princess Cruises

Assuming your sailing from UK as you posted in the UK board, if not check the princess website for the correct info for your sailing

Oh this is lovely information, yes we are on the May 1st - 9th out of London -  Ireland & Scotland

13 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Not necessarily.  It is all dependent on the quality of the ship's internet signal from the satellite.  Given that you will be close to a "mainland" you may very well have good internet/WIFI.  Also...what is the itinerary (i.e. where are you going to be during that last sea day?)

We are on the May 1 - 9 Ireland Scotland Princess cruise, last day is at sea from Glasgow to Southampton

4 hours ago, nini said:

It is the "subject to availability" phrase that prompted me to call Princess. The rep explained that they had to CYA, in case they ran out of tests.

okay I am probably going to hit the palm of my hand against my forehead . .  what does CYA stand for.?

• Like 1