Lost Vaccine Card? Eeeek, HELP!

Hello, 

We will be going on a cruise May 23, 2022 out of Port of Miami and i lost my vaccine card (insert panic scream here). The place I originally received my vaccines has closed (it was recreation place that did a pop-up for vaccinations). I did go to my states Department of Health to retrieve a paper copy of all my vaccinations which include the COVID shots. Has anyone ever used a copy from their states department of health? If so, was it accepted easily? I called Royal and they said it is acceptable, I'm just scared at the port they might say differently. I also have a picture of my original vaccine card when i had to upload it for work, can you use that as well? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

5 minutes ago, puente0629 said:

I also have a picture of my original vaccine card when i had to upload it for work, can you use that as well?

You can use that to upload in the app, but they may want to see the printed copy at the terminal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, puente0629 said:

Hello, 

We will be going on a cruise May 23, 2022 out of Port of Miami and i lost my vaccine card (insert panic scream here). The place I originally received my vaccines has closed (it was recreation place that did a pop-up for vaccinations). I did go to my states Department of Health to retrieve a paper copy of all my vaccinations which include the COVID shots. Has anyone ever used a copy from their states department of health? If so, was it accepted easily? I called Royal and they said it is acceptable, I'm just scared at the port they might say differently. I also have a picture of my original vaccine card when i had to upload it for work, can you use that as well? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

We got a duplicate from our local health department because the original was laminated and couldn't add booster. New one says duplicate and used it for our 12/30 Jewel cruise.   I submitted it for our April cruises and it has been accepted.  You should be accepted.  We showed the new one at the port but did have the laminated one with us.  No one asked to see it.

Edited by njkruzer
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

We got a duplicate from our local health department because the original was laminated and couldn't add booster. New one says duplicate and used it for our 12/30 Jewel cruise.   I submitted it for our April cruises and it has been accepted.  You should be accepted.  We showed the new one at the port but did have the laminated one with us.  No one asked to see it.

I laminated my original, and they just put the booster on another card by itself and labeled it "booster".

13 minutes ago, rdtpm64 said:

I laminated my original, and they just put the booster on another card by itself and labeled it "booster".

Yes but then you would need to download 2 cards for check-in.  Easier on one card.

5 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Yes but then you would need to download 2 cards for check-in.  Easier on one card.

I only uploaded the one with the original two.  A booster isn't required, so I didn't bother with it.  But I will take both cards with me.

Edited by rdtpm64

3 minutes ago, Jkaczanowski said:

Since RC doesn’t require boosters, she just needs to download her original. 

3 minutes ago, rdtpm64 said:

I only uploaded the one with the original two.  A booster isn't required, so I didn't bother with it.

Ok but some places require last shot no more than 240 days so might need that info.  Do what you think works. 

2 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Ok but some places require last shot no more than 240 days so might need that info.  Do what you think works. 

What places?  Not being snarky, I promise.  I'm just curious.  And actually, now the more I think of what I did, I put both cards together and took one picture to upload to the app for check-in. It was accepted.  Booster was in December.

Just now, rdtpm64 said:

What places?  Not being snarky, I promise.  I'm just curious.  And actually, now the more I think of what I did, I put both cards together and took one picture to upload to the app for check-in. It was accepted.  Booster was in December.

Some countries in Europe.  We are on the TA to Amsterdam and from what I've read required in the Netherlands.  No more than 270 days.

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

Some countries in Europe.  We are on the TA to Amsterdam and from what I've read required in the Netherlands.  No more than 270 days.

Do you know by chance if Spain on that list?  My sister is going next month, but I think her booster is less than 270 days.

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Check your state for a website like we have here in Virginia...........Shows exact dates I had my 3 shots......then you can print it out.

https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/immunization/viis/

I had all three done at Walmart, and can access that record and print out.  Shows exact dates and lot numbers.  Any idea if that is also acceptable in an emergency?

Edited by rdtpm64

10 minutes ago, rdtpm64 said:

Do you know by chance if Spain on that list?  My sister is going next month, but I think her booster is less than 270 days.

Have to go directly to country info as each has its own rules. And they change constantly. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rdtpm64 said:

I had all three done at Walmart, and can access that record and print out.  Shows exact dates and lot numbers.  Any idea if that is also acceptable in an emergency?

In your case, I’d go to Walmart, tell them you misplaced your card, and ask for a new card.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Check your state for a website like we have here in Virginia...........Shows exact dates I had my 3 shots......then you can print it out.

https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/immunization/viis/

Yes,  that is where i went but for Illinois residents and printed a copy of it. Im hoping that will suffice, i know when i called royal they said its accepted but im nervous at the port they might not. was hoping to see if anyone out there had a similar issue. 

34 minutes ago, Tierun said:

All over Europe is requiring the booster be within 6 months. If more than 6 months a 4th shot is needed.

There is no 4th shot required.  "Travelers heading to Spain will now be required to show proof of a COVID-19 booster dose, becoming the latest country to rely on the extra shot.

Starting Feb. 1, most international travelers, including those from the United States, will be required to show proof they have received a booster if more than 270 days (about 9 months) have passed since the last dose of their initial vaccine series, according to Spain's tourism site."

Edited by yogini06
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, puente0629 said:

Yes,  that is where i went but for Illinois residents and printed a copy of it. Im hoping that will suffice, i know when i called royal they said its accepted but im nervous at the port they might not. was hoping to see if anyone out there had a similar issue. 

I got a replacement card for my husband from our local Dept. of Health. Part of his was unreadable from being in his wallet. I’m in Florida if that helps.  

• Like 1

It's a real hassle if you are in a state whose government has banned "vaccine passports" under the guise of privacy. Once you access healthcare, your data is collected and stored. You should have access to it and be free to share it as you desire. Anyway, I have boarded Royal using just my vaccine app, no paper copy. The staff was very comfortable with that and I experienced no delays. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, yogini06 said:

There is no 4th shot required.  "Travelers heading to Spain will now be required to show proof of a COVID-19 booster dose, becoming the latest country to rely on the extra shot.

Starting Feb. 1, most international travelers, including those from the United States, will be required to show proof they have received a booster if more than 270 days (about 9 months) have passed since the last dose of their initial vaccine series, according to Spain's tourism site."

6 hours ago, crazyank said:

Absolutely not true.  

I totally misread the wording from MSC website to mean a second booster was needed.

Do I need a booster to be considered fully vaccinated?

If your final dose was administered 270 days (180 days for Italian residents) or more prior to the final day of your cruise, you must complete a booster shot at least 14 days prior to departure.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pookill17 said:

I got a replacement card for my husband from our local Dept. of Health. Part of his was unreadable from being in his wallet. I’m in Florida if that helps.  

I asked out and they said they dont replace vaccine cards, they can only send us a copy of our vaccine records. 

16 hours ago, rdtpm64 said:

Since they didn't start doing boosters until 6 months after the original shot, and they did not start until Fed last year, ALL boosters are currently less than 270 days.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, puente0629 said:

I asked out and they said they dont replace vaccine cards, they can only send us a copy of our vaccine records. 

Your PCP or Health Department should be able to get you a new card.  You might also ask again as different stores or pharmacists might do things differently.