Restaurant with wrestling ring

efuzz

My nephew really wants to have lunch at the restaurant in port that had a wrestling ring in the middle of the restaurant. We were in CM in November and the ring had been removed for social distancing. Does anyone know if the ring has been replaced and shows are back?

Wonder if that was El Faro in the port?  Never went by there.  And avoided ElFaro in Mahahual like the plague.  Don't think Cantina has space for wrestling.   Also could have been one of those exhibitions like the flying Mayas thing so, near a bar/restaurant but not part of it. 

It Was in the restaurant right in the Port Village, however as of our Dec 8th port of call It Is GONE. The restaurant is still there. 

We agree, avoid El Faro, they greatly over charged us. The Crazy Lobster is best.

For fun rent, a Mayahaul Red Shirt Golf Cart at the exit and drive the 2 miles to the Town of Mahaulal and the Crazy Lobster.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jimdalva said:

It Was in the restaurant right in the Port Village, however as of our Dec 8th port of call It Is GONE. The restaurant is still there. 

We agree, avoid El Faro, they greatly over charged us. The Crazy Lobster is best.

For fun rent, a Mayahaul Red Shirt Golf Cart at the exit and drive the 2 miles to the Town of Mahaulal and the Crazy Lobster.

I have never seen the attraction of renting a golf cart in Costa Maya, since the malecon is pedestrian only so you have the worry of parking a street away and then have to walk anyway. There never seemed much point if you are merely using it as transport to Krazy Lobster, although now taxi fares for a group have gone up so much  it is more of a contender I suppose if you are looking to pass time. 

Where do you take the cart? - Do you explore the new qwqtown? dirt road out of town? or just into Mahahual? Are they rechargeable batteries - how far could you go?

Edited by c-leg5

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2022 at 5:12 PM, c-leg5 said:

I have never seen the attraction of renting a golf cart in Costa Maya, since the malecon is pedestrian only so you have the worry of parking a street away and then have to walk anyway. There never seemed much point if you are merely using it as transport to Krazy Lobster, although now taxi fares for a group have gone up so much  it is more of a contender I suppose if you are looking to pass time. 

Where do you take the cart? - Do you explore the new qwqtown? dirt road out of town? or just into Mahahual? Are they rechargeable batteries - how far could you go?

We drive All around before settling at Crazy Lobster. Yes I know , you can't drive on the Malecon , but the cart comes with Free parking and a welcome drink at 4 or 5 bars. They will flag you down and direct you to park in court yards between the bars. Later we drive to the end of the street which turns into the Malecon extension where you can drive along the beach for miles to 'Mama's',(that's what we call it) a rustic Tiki Bar on the water across from Mama's house.            The carts are gas powered and we never ran out.