IT'S TIME FOR MORE OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK

morpheusofthesea

Well, we docked at Ocean Cay. No show tonight and the Le Cabaret Rouge Toulouse Lautrec was replaced by 4 songs by our female vocalist as the party on shore is starting. In video it appears from cabin that there are 4 small bonfires on the beach lit ?

Edited by morpheusofthesea

20 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Still, when one is paying $964 per person per day what is another $6.95 to put a price on satisfying ones desires ? We have left our $100 per person per day 2 inside lowers in ancient history.

Ok, I'll bite.  The extra $6.95, maybe $.50 at cost, is a rounding error for someone paying YC prices.

At the end of the day, if it was NCL, I would say they were looking to soak the cruiser.  With MSC, I think it is more about waste and waste in provisioning things like that and the move from small bottles to one large bottle of booze.

8 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

The lighthouse show ran for 6 minutes. Reminded us of a Disney spectacular. Wait for 2 hours in a line for a 2 minute ride or fireworks display. Great cool weather no bugs.

We also thought the lighthouse show was shorter than previous ones before Covid.

7 hours ago, dexddd said:

Ok, I'll bite.  The extra $6.95, maybe $.50 at cost, is a rounding error for someone paying YC prices.

At the end of the day, if it was NCL, I would say they were looking to soak the cruiser.  With MSC, I think it is more about waste and waste in provisioning things like that and the move from small bottles to one large bottle of booze.

Did not use the mini bar in cabin so I have no idea of the prices, though when I went downstairs to the sundry/liquors I was drawn to your Pringles section, $4.50 for what appears to be a large can (haven't been to a grocery store in years to really know nowadays the size or price of anything).

Though I was struck by our water package on RCCL $360 for two for 7 days. 

Noticed that the Jack Daniels 3 liter bottle was impressive at $89.99, and did a cursory internet search to find the cheapest about $10 more plus sales tax than on board. The small bottle that our butler brought as complimentary was 70 cL and I priced it in the kiosk as $26.

IMG_1781.jpg

2 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

For us, the early show was different vs. the later show. It had different visuals, different music, etc. 

Some observationalist I make. I was more concerned with dropping my iphone overboard than I was with actually observing what I was filming.

9 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Well the morning started out bleak as we went to breakfast in the YC restaurant. DW saw all this water on the rap-a-round windows she ask Luigi our maitre d if they were cleaning the ship? "No", he said smiling "it's raining out."

Love to know if you have a favorite waiter in the YC so far? 

40 minutes ago, seapad said:

Love to know if you have a favorite waiter in the YC so far? 

The answer is that they have left or are about to leave. Yes, we have Jason who will be on until April. Paulo is only in the YC Restaurant for dinners otherwise he is managing the YC grill. We have found that the best waiters in YC wear the coveted 'gold' tie. Kevin is very good, black tie. Jarod is another gold tie that has been attentive. You might notice that the best waiters are the ones that serve one and stand back several tables away with their eye on to see how one reacts to the meal. Just a glance in their direction brings them running.

14 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

The answer is that they have left or are about to leave. Yes, we have Jason who will be on until April. Paulo is only in the YC Restaurant for dinners otherwise he is managing the YC grill. We have found that the best waiters in YC wear the coveted 'gold' tie. Kevin is very good, black tie. Jarod is another gold tie that has been attentive. You might notice that the best waiters are the ones that serve one and stand back several tables away with their eye on to see how one reacts to the meal. Just a glance in their direction brings them running.

Thank you so much! We cruise on April 30, would you recommend Kevin as your 1st choice, or...? By the way, which section is Kevin, or Jarod? 

Thanks again! This is very helpful! We find that having an attentive waiter really brightens up the whole vacation. 

Wonderful review! Many thanks!...

As regarding to why people so hardly complain about MSC and then book again with them? Perhaps price or availability may answer that question. Either way on one thing I'm certain: MSC is not Ryanair at seas!... Never ever in this world or even far out of it!...

Finally as regarding to some charges on the mini fridge even for YC guests, here I believe they're just joining the trend for most 4*/5* land hotel industry, most likely to avoid waste. Yeah: I must admit back in the day it was nice to have some "freebies" to have and to eat the next day, if that was the case... Now I'm more practical on these cases. Plenty to chose from at the suite lounges and restaurants. No need for those "freebies"... Keep it simple!...

Have a nice day!...

• Like 1

Tonight is our last night of this cruise. Folks, it doesn't get any better than this. The show in the Madison Theatre was called "Amore". It was so good that we came back early to get seats for the second show. Both got standing ovations. We finished off the evening, as we did every evening listening to the two jazz ensembles in the "Brooklyn Cafe". All these performers, singers and dancers really respond to passenger applause. The smiles on all the staff faces is genuine. We hope to be back in 8 weeks for summer vacation and look forward to the same good food ,attentive service  and excellent entertainment. 

I wish to close my observations again with Immanuel Kant's keys to happiness: "Something to do, someone to love and something to look forward to (for us a cruise on a MSC ship in the Yacht Club).

• Like 4

On 3/25/2022 at 3:33 AM, fish_guru said:

Seafood extravaganza...

5 stars.  Best thing I've eaten on the ship all week. The wife had the wine and garlic sauce. I had the peri peri sauce (like a spicy marinara). Both were excellent. Seafood was cooked perfectly. 

This really makes me want to book YC. More than ANYTHING else. 

Taking a nostalgic look back over some photos (I am referring to the good ole days... last week).Thought they might help a follower. Cannot seem to get to rotate. This is a 'sideways ' view of the beach of YC Ocean Cay. The cabana #6 is just to right behind white MSC tent top.

IMG_1804.jpg

Edited by morpheusofthesea
needs editing

7 hours ago, phissy said:

Beautiful pics.

Did they give you the use of cabana as part of your Owners Suite?

Not on Ocean Cay, just on the ship was complimentary. If one thinks about it, that would be chair hogging to have 2 cabanas available for ones use at the same time only being able to use one.