Rental car pick up at FLL post cruise

cheeseclan

We have not picked up a car at FLL in a very long time.  The last time we did it was chaos trying to get the shuttle bus to the rental car center at FLL.   Do they still offer the shuttle or is it best to taxi/uber/lyft over to get the car?  We are going to walk off with our luggage so we can get the car asap.

"They" is a number of car companies. If you have one or two in mind, I would be calling them to confirm they to a) confirm they are in business, and b), see if they offer the shuttles. Covid and the slow return to cruising has impacted all this things considerably.

By the way, these things are discussed daily on the Florida Departures board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

I expect the Mods will move this over there.

• Thanks 1

Free shuttle service from Port Everglades was discontinued approximately four years ago. A cab from Port Everglades to FLL is under twenty dollars plus tip. There are a few car rental companies that are located just outside of Port Everglades. Prior to the pandemic they provided shuttle service to their locations. I know personally that the Alamo location on Eller Drive provided the free service. I would call each location to see if there policy changed. In January I paid a flat fee of twenty five dollars with tip for my family of three and four large suitcases on our ten minute ride from Port Everglades to FLL to pick up a Budget car rental.

• Thanks 1