Cabin 133 on Wind Surf

ridethetide

I know somewhere on this site there is a comprehensive list of Windstar cabins and their ratings, but I can't seem to locate it. I am about to book cabin 133 on the Wind Surf fir the 10/6 Sicilian Splendors. Any comments on  this cabin?

Hi, We have been in almost all cabins on floor 1. Reminder if you tend to get queezy from the ocean's motion middle of the ship on that floor is best. We love the gentle rocking motion. We are on the 10/6 cruise, third time trying since 2020 and 2021 was/we canceled due to Covid. At Christmas we were bumped up to suite 350 my husband loved it. So we decided because our Christmas cruise was terminated into the cruise and we received half the cruise back we put it towards this cruise given it has been three years in the making. Me, I could care less as  as long  as I am on the Surf. I have updated all my research, made some changes and my fingers are tightly crossed. Three times you are out or it is a joy. Happy Sailing to us all. Hope to meet you on board.Susanne

We were in 127.  Great location midship.  The only drawback is the closing of sea doors when the ship is docking.  The doors on deck one are shut while they dock. Reopen after docked.  We got caught and used the stairs to get to deck 2 when it happened.  From deck 2, you can reach the elevators.  It isn’t a big deal. I have been on deck one 3 times.  I would book it again.

2 hours ago, Strenz said:

Hi, We have been in almost all cabins on floor 1. Reminder if you tend to get queezy from the ocean's motion middle of the ship on that floor is best. We love the gentle rocking motion. We are on the 10/6 cruise, third time trying since 2020 and 2021 was/we canceled due to Covid. At Christmas we were bumped up to suite 350 my husband loved it. So we decided because our Christmas cruise was terminated into the cruise and we received half the cruise back we put it towards this cruise given it has been three years in the making. Me, I could care less as  as long  as I am on the Surf. I have updated all my research, made some changes and my fingers are tightly crossed. Three times you are out or it is a joy. Happy Sailing to us all. Hope to meet you on board.Susanne

Susanne, I am really looking forward to not only this cruise but finally meeting you.

Hi Ridethetide, Thank you yes it would be fun to meet. I can  honestly  say where we will  be 10/6 at sail away, at a table starboard side at Compas Rose, we will have a bottle of FR champagne courtesy of AMEX. We will have huge grins. I am going on this trip basically,  which is a bit crazy,  it is to see a painting, the Caravaggio at the cathedral. I love this itinerary. Please stop by. We are in cabin 350 which has a story, my name is Susanne Strenz-Thibault, husband is Gilles. Here's to us all that this trip goes. Happy Sailing

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Strenz said:

Hi Ridethetide, Thank you yes it would be fun to meet. I can  honestly  say where we will  be 10/6 at sail away, at a table starboard side at Compas Rose, we will have a bottle of FR champagne courtesy of AMEX. We will have huge grins. I am going on this trip basically,  which is a bit crazy,  it is to see a painting, the Caravaggio at the cathedral. I love this itinerary. Please stop by. We are in cabin 350 which has a story, my name is Susanne Strenz-Thibault, husband is Gilles. Here's to us all that this trip goes. Happy Sailing

After 9 perfectly delightful cruises with Windstar, my husband passed away in November. Our 10th cruise was cancelled due to the loss, but I have invited a high school friend to join me on the 10/6 Sicily itinerary.  I am overjoyed to continue my relationship with Windstar and to share the joys of Windstar with a first-time cruiser. 

Ridethetide, I am so sorry and what lovely memories you must have, good for you for carrying on. I am hitting 100% of the friends we have convinced to come on a WS cruise, even my most snobby and fuzziest friend loved it. Most of our friends are easy like us but that particular friend simply loved the experience and food.  I am sure your friend will too. If you have any questions about my research I am happy to share. We leave Boston on 9/28 flying to Sweden for 4 nights to see dear friends, then flying to Rome and staying in a masseria with bees, olives and grapes in Tarquinia which is where the great Etruscan ruins and museum is, staying there for 3 nights. All of which is third time trying. Susanne

• Like 1

Hi ride,

We just got off the Wind Surf yesterday, March 12th.  We were in cabin 133 and 131. 

The cabin was very nice, everything worked and the bed was comfortable according to the kids.  Noise was not an issue at all.  The gentlemen responsible for the upkeep of the room were great.  Always had fresh fruit and a bucket of ice with clean glasses.  And always spotless.  Room service was fast.

Would book the rooms again in a heartbeat, in fact we just might!

Hope this helps.

Joe

• Like 1