Alaska from Seattle

lovetotraveltx

10 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

The Uber/Lyft lot is about a 10 minute walk from the terminal building at Pier 91.  There is also a shuttle van (12-14 person capacity) that can drop you off.  A lot of folks will walk as it can be faster.

PXL_20220429_171542179.jpg

Great information.  Are the taxis right by the exit of the terminal when you get off or do you need to walk to them as well?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2022 at 1:27 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yep. I’ve seen all of Seattle that I need too. Now it is just a place to sail from. 

We are booked at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown, on Boren Ave using our points.

Location looked good, but now wondering if its a safe area to walk to all the 'sights' from?   

16 hours ago, itsanita said:

Location looked good, but now wondering if its a safe area to walk to all the 'sights' from?   

The area is fine, but what sights do you want to walk to? The Hilton Downtown on 6th is a slightly better location in terms of walking to say Pike Place Market, or the Westlake Center and most of the Downtown sights.

8 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

The area is fine, but what sights do you want to walk to? The Hilton Downtown on 6th is a slightly better location in terms of walking to say Pike Place Market, or the Westlake Center and most of the Downtown sights.

Ok, thanks.   

Yes, we will be walking to Pike Place, Pier57, will use the Westlake Monorail etc.  The price difference for the 7 of us was $1000.  Plus the Garden Inn includes free breakfast which works well with the kids!  So it made more sense to go with the cheaper Hilton.

After doing research on these boards, I did cancel our car.  Seemed like it would be more trouble than it was worth.  

4 hours ago, itsanita said:

Yes, we will be walking to Pike Place, Pier57, will use the Westlake Monorail etc.  The price difference for the 7 of us was $1000.  Plus the Garden Inn includes free breakfast which works well with the kids!  So it made more sense to go with the cheaper Hilton.

So now I am confused. I thought you were using points? If you are paying cash, there are a dozen or more places I'd recommend before the HGI. If you are using Hilton points, that is a different story.

2 hours ago, scottca075 said:

So now I am confused. I thought you were using points? If you are paying cash, there are a dozen or more places I'd recommend before the HGI. If you are using Hilton points, that is a different story.

Using points, but not enough so had to add $.  Hugh difference in prices.  

On 6/17/2022 at 8:03 AM, itsanita said:

Ok, thanks.   

After doing research on these boards, I did cancel our car.  Seemed like it would be more trouble than it was worth.  

I live outside the city now, so I've stayed here a couple of times when I knew I wouldn't make the last ferry. It's a great hotel for the price. And good call on canceling the car too! 

1 hour ago, psuboater said:

I live outside the city now, so I've stayed here a couple of times when I knew I wouldn't make the last ferry. It's a great hotel for the price. And good call on canceling the car too! 

Thanks, these boards are so valuable when trying to plan things out. 

We are taking our kids and grandkids on a Alaska cruise, but spending a few nights in Seattle first.  Getting 3 rooms for 3 nights sure does add up!!!

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 7:54 AM, itsanita said:

We are taking our kids and grandkids on a Alaska cruise, but spending a few nights in Seattle first.  Getting 3 rooms for 3 nights sure does add up!!!

That's the same situation we are in. We leave next week Thursday.

On 6/16/2022 at 1:49 PM, itsanita said:

I agree. I am rethinking about where to stay. 

On 6/17/2022 at 6:48 AM, scottca075 said:

How is the area where the Westin is?

1 hour ago, sjde said:

How’s the area by the Hotel Monaco? 

I think it is okay, but people will "warn" you about 3rd Ave, but that is more the Pine/Pike area, but even then I've never had any issues.

(Hotel Monaco is 4th Ave)

14 hours ago, scottca075 said:

I think it is okay, but people will "warn" you about 3rd Ave, but that is more the Pine/Pike area, but even then I've never had any issues.

(Hotel Monaco is 4th Ave)

This is right where I work, no safety warnings other than "be aware of your surroundings because it's a city" type warning. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sjde said:

We plan to take light rail from the airport to our hotel but is it difficult to take it from downtown to the pier (91) or from the pier back to the airport?

I would say yes, it is difficult from Pier 91.

39 minutes ago, sjde said:

We’d be willing to walk 1/2 mile. 

Its 3 miles from Pier 91 to the closest light rail station at Westlake Center. You’d need to cab/uber between Westlake and the pier. Actually, many people walk the 3 miles on a nice day along the waterfront.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sjde said:

From downtown (Westlake Center), the light rail doesn't go near pier 91, but you can take the 24 or the 33 bus towards West Magnolia ($2.75pp). It's a 15 minute bus ride, you can pick up at 3rd and Pine (which I wouldn't advise), but you can walk up one block and pick up on 3rd and Virginia. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sjde said:

While I appreciate your willingness to use public transportation,  I think it might be easier and more efficient to Uber or use some other hired car service to get to Pier 91 from your hotel.