Check your CC balance !

pistnbroke

On 3/18/2022 at 3:11 PM, Astro Flyer said:

I believe they put a temporary hold on chargecards which should disappear after the actual final payment is made…wonder if the ship’s accounting made a mistake & kept a hold amount of $350? 🤔

This is exactly what I was thinking.  

I've always gotten an email of my final bill and it matches up exactly to the charges onboard once everything has been verified.  

If the credit card has that amount on a hold, it should only show up as a pending charge, not a posted charge.  I wonder which one it is.

Now, if there was any damage in the room, missing bath robes, etc. or if there was a charge applied for smoking in the room, that could explain it.  I just think that Princess would notify the OP if that's what happened.  

I would like to apologize to you all including Princess.

I made the mistake of assuming that all charges would appear on 

my account.

Stumbled onto the the final email from Princess which included the extra 

amount which was listed separately on my wife’s folio 

Silly me !

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, pistnbroke said:

I would like to apologize to you all including Princess.

I made the mistake of assuming that all charges would appear on 

my account.

Stumbled onto the the final email from Princess which included the extra 

amount which was listed separately on my wife’s folio 

Silly me !

You just have to watch out for that spending by the wife! 😉

16 hours ago, satxdiver said:

I watch my charges several times a day.  That way I can see any mistakes very quickly.  Since the OP used a credit card like most of us, you can notify the CC company of the discrepancy while you work with Princess. 

We were on the Enchanted last month and one problem I had using the kiosk was that it only printed out my charges and not my partner's who was using my card.  I had to go to the desk and ask for a printout several times for both of us. Kiosk used to print out all charges against my CC but I guess not any more. 

I agree I miss the final statement under my door the last day.

I had a similar problem, could not see all charges on medallion.  Went to front desk and they told me that was because I was not the credit card owner.   Their record was wrong, I was the credit card owner, LOL.   Can't believe I entered it wrong in the medallion or maybe computer system change it.  I don't bother with the kiosk, I go to the front desk, as an elite line is short.  

Speaking about mistakes.  One time on Princess, we had dinner at Sabatini's, ordered a bottle of wine.  Next day checking our account, I discovered a charge I did not understand for amount higher than we had ordered.  So checked it out at front desk.  Seems the bar at Sabatini's had wrong price on the bottle of wine on the menu, so after we signed off on the bill (before medallion) the bar manager upped the amount to account for the correct charge for the wine.   That was another $20 plus auto tip on liquor.  Checking on it, as I do, I told them,  not my fault bar menu price wrong,  They reduced the charge when I called them on it.  

• Like 1

Make sure you do check your accounts daily for any errors.  The first day on the ship we were walking through the spa area otw to look at the gym.  Within 30 minutes somehow there was an Elemis spa product order for over $1,300 added to my account. 😱  I went in and cancelled the order and it was removed.  Still don't understand how it was added on the app.?  Not a very good start to a cruise, was very leery of the medallion scanning feature.

On 3/18/2022 at 10:41 AM, pistnbroke said:

Disembarked Majestic Princess on March 12th.

Printed out my statement account that morning.

When reviewing my Visa balance yesterday I discovered that I was charged ,exactly $350.00 over my final balance.

Reached out to Princess and my TA .

Anyone else experienced such a discrepancy ?

No always spot on.