"Missing Immigration Information"

TouchstoneFeste

In case anyone has received a strange email from Cunard with the subject line was "Missing Immigration Information" and with an attachment "MissingImmigratnNotice-[trip reference number], here's the story: At some point the US version of the web site site didn't have a field for your emergency contact's state (of the Union, that is). (This was found under Personal Details on MyCunard.) This now needs to be filled it, but at the moment the entire Emergency Contact section has disappeared, probably for repairs. Only a phone call will fix it.

This leaves a couple questions, probably all unimportant:

Is this true for places other than the US?

Why is this considered "Immigration" information?

I knew this sounded familiar. I checked my archives and found a "Missing Immigration Information" email from Cunard dated May 2016 concerning a July 2016 voyage on QM2. That email also had a "MissingImmigratnNotice-XXXXXX.pdf" attachment. The attachment advised me that the missing immigration information pertained to "Emergency Full Address".

My best recollection of the situation in our case was that a call to Cunard determined I had omitted the country (USA) from the emergency contact address I had entered. That was back in the days of Voyage Personaliser rather than My Cunard. Cunard's back-office process for communicating issues with emergency contact details has apparently not changed since then.

I also thought it was a bit odd that this was considered an issue with "Immigration" information, but I suppose it is what it is.

• Like 1

Just did the emergency contact info thing about 24 hrs ago. I couldn't find any place to enter it either. I called Cunard directly and spoke to a rep who took care of the issue. He assured me we were now good to go! Hope he's right. 

As an aside, I'm going thru the same sort of online registration disaster with Silversea. Sure do miss paper and pen, an envelope and stamp.....afraid those days are over.....sigh!

I have had this kind of issue already a couple oft times. 

The easiest redemption was to have my TA take care of it. They have a different tool where they can amend the information and, if needed, just call their Cunard contact.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I got this email this morning, Cunard says I'm missing "Emergency Full Address, US Address while in US". I suspect it's the emergency contact info they want me to complete, but I'm Canadian and all my travel information indicates as such. I suspect their system sees the "state" field as left blank and thinks my emergency contact information isn't complete, but the state field is only displayed if you select United States as the country, Canada has no option to indicate a province. 

I suppose I'll have to call Cunard to get this sorted out. 

1 hour ago, sucramdi said:

I suppose I'll have to call Cunard to get this sorted out.

Spoke to Cunard, they required the address I'd be staying at after I disembark in the US. Strange since there's nowhere to input that on My Cunard. 

On 3/18/2022 at 12:37 PM, TouchstoneFeste said:

Why is this considered "Immigration" information?

Because it's the Cunard website, programmed by the good folks who programmed the rest of it. 😉

I had an issue where it would not accept my emergency contact info no matter what variations of input data I tried. Finally I called Cunard and the representative said that they were aware of the issue and working on it, and she took my information over the phone. Three days later I got the "Missing Immigration Information" email and assumed (after verifying that everything was complete) that it had been sitting in an outbox queue over the weekend.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 3:46 PM, carlmm said:

The easiest redemption was to have my TA take care of it. They have a different tool where they can amend the information and, if needed, just call their Cunard contact.

My TA told me he couldn't access that information and that I'd have to call. I had intially assumed that since I had booked through a TA I'd have to use him as a POC for the booking but he said he could only access certain information. Since he took the trouble to call me in response to me email to him I believed his response.

• Like 1

I got the email. It stated that the missing information was the “emergency contact full address,” which I knew I had entered already. (Side note: Why do they want a mailing address? If I collapse on board, are they going to mail him a post card?)

Evidently, the missing information was “relationship to you,” which also seems irrelevant. I wrote “son” (which I know I had entered previously) and saved the change. It seemed to accept it. 

Edited to add: I am at a loss to explain how this relates to immigration.

Edited by ExArkie
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2022 at 6:29 AM, ExArkie said:

I got the email. It stated that the missing information was the “emergency contact full address,” which I knew I had entered already. (Side note: Why do they want a mailing address? If I collapse on board, are they going to mail him a post card?)

Evidently, the missing information was “relationship to you,” which also seems irrelevant. I wrote “son” (which I know I had entered previously) and saved the change. It seemed to accept it. 

Edited to add: I am at a loss to explain how this relates to immigration.

Perhaps they say immigration to get your attention. 

LOVE the comment about a post card!!! 🤣

For a more likely answer, see Underwatr's post #11 above. 

6 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Perhaps they say immigration to get your attention. 

LOVE the comment about a post card!!! 🤣

For a more likely answer, see Underwatr's post #11 above. 

I should imagine they want the address so the police can be directed to call in person if the worst comes to the worst. That’s what happened to me when my father collapsed and died in a London street. I imagine Cunard would prefer not to inform next of kin by email.

21 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I should imagine they want the address so the police can be directed to call in person if the worst comes to the worst. That’s what happened to me when my father collapsed and died in a London street. I imagine Cunard would prefer not to inform next of kin by email.

That hadn’t occurred to me. Evidently, I didn’t  connect “emergency” with my own demise, probably because that wouldn’t really be an emergency to me. Granted, my wife (who is also on this trip), son, and Cunard would be upset, but it definitely wouldn’t be bothering me.