Protocols Update soon

molecrochip

On 3/22/2022 at 4:29 PM, wowzz said:

We are off on Arcadia on Sunday and are really pleased that mask wearing has been eased.

For passengers initially. When chatting with crew onboard Arcadia earlier this week, they suggested that they were keeping masks for now as they move from serving one passenger to another.

Ship looks great. Last few touches being sorted. Crew are looking forward to having passengers back on board.

Quarantine zone is fwd of aft lifts. Can’t remember which decks.

• Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

For passengers initially. When chatting with crew onboard Arcadia earlier this week, they suggested that they were keeping masks for now as they move from serving one passenger to another.

Ship looks great. Last few touches being sorted. Crew are looking forward to having passengers back on board.

Quarantine zone is fwd of aft lifts. Can’t remember which decks.

Excellent. Getting excited now ! 

43 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Excellent. Getting excited now ! 

On Wednesday, after you leave La Corunna, look up mid afternoon. You will see a BA plane going to Lanzarote. We will give you a wave.

• Like 2

We had an email today informing us that our mid ship Deluxe blacony cabin will be used as a quarentine cabin when we sail in May and that P&O will contact us soon to tell us our new cabin number.

They have said we will be upgraded so I'm expecting a Conservatory cabin, I'm just praying it's on deck 9 not 8!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

We had an email today informing us that our mid ship Deluxe blacony cabin will be used as a quarentine cabin when we sail in May and that P&O will contact us soon to tell us our new cabin number.

They have said we will be upgraded so I'm expecting a Conservatory cabin, I'm just praying it's on deck 9 not 8!

We have Deluxe Balcony cabins in the current quarantine zone booked as well. Were you offered a full refund as an alternative? We would rather cancel than have one of those Conservatory Mini Suites.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

We have Deluxe Balcony cabins in the current quarantine zone booked as well. Were you offered a full refund as an alternative? We would rather cancel than have one of those Conservatory Mini Suites.  

I cannot see any accessible conservatory suites Selbourne, so unless there is a vacant accessible full suite, you may be OK for a full refund.

7 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

There was no mention of a refund in today’s email. They ask that we wait until we know our new cabin allocation before contacting them to discuss it. Hopefully we’ll find out soon, it’s just over 8 weeks until our cruise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I cannot see any accessible conservatory suites Selbourne, so unless there is a vacant accessible full suite, you may be OK for a full refund.

2 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

There was no mention of a refund in today’s email. They ask that we wait until we know our new cabin allocation before contacting them to discuss it. Hopefully we’ll find out soon, it’s just over 8 weeks until our cruise.

Thanks both. There is only one accessible suite and it’s at the aft, which we usually like, but we discounted it on Iona as there is an outdoor bar underneath it which put us off booking it for noise disturbance reasons, hence booking the Deluxe Balcony Cabin where there is nothing underneath it, not even a seating area. 

The added problem that we have is that I have booked a block of 3 adjacent Deluxe Balcony cabins and only one of them is accessible. We are taking our daughters and their partners and as I’m paying for all 6 of us I am fearful that P&O would perhaps offer my wife and I a refund (as we can only have an accessible cabin) but deem it acceptable to move the others, which wouldn’t be acceptable. They show as 3 separate bookings as well, just to complicate matters.

Thankfully it’s not until next year, so I’m hoping that quarantine cabins will be a thing of the past by then, but we were all saying last year that it would hopefully all be over by this year and cruises are still heavily impacted. In all honesty, I regret making the bookings. Too much ruddy worry and hassle, which is what holidays are meant to alleviate! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

On Wednesday, after you leave La Corunna, look up mid afternoon. You will see a BA plane going to Lanzarote. We will give you a wave.

Will do. We are in Arrecife the following week. 

A walk to Aussie's Bar looks on the cards!

• Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 3:44 PM, grapau27 said:

🤞Those mid ships balconies are in prime locations so I hope everything is okay for you.

From elsewhere on social media, yesterday passengers on our cruise started to get emails for moving their cabins to other locations.  Some were the deluxe accessible cabins on the curve above the atrium, and they are dreading getting 'upgraded' to deck 8 conservatory cabins.

So far no news on ours, but expecting the email soon.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

From elsewhere on social media, yesterday passengers on our cruise started to get emails for moving their cabins to other locations.  Some were the deluxe accessible cabins on the curve above the atrium, and they are dreading getting 'upgraded' to deck 8 conservatory cabins.

We were due to be in a deluxe balcony on the curve on deck 11, starboard side, but got our email yesterday saying we would be moved. We’re sailing 21st May.

1 minute ago, SarahHben said:

We were due to be in a deluxe balcony on the curve on deck 11, starboard side, but got our email yesterday saying we would be moved. We’re sailing 21st May.

I am on that cruise and sorry to hear you will not be getting your deluxe balcony cabin. I had one of those on deck 9 last year and it was a good location.. It looks as if they are increasing the number of quarantine cabins maybe because of the variant of the variant being more infectious.

18 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

We have one of the four accessible deluxe balcony cabins booked for next year (plus two adjacent non-accessible deluxe balcony cabins). I’ve just double checked the deck plans and there is only one cabin that could be used as an upgrade - the sole accessible full suite, which we wouldn’t want as it’s in a poor position. There are no accessible conservatory mini suites (thank goodness).

On the basis that they can’t offer that one suite to the occupants of all four accessible deluxe balcony cabins I am hoping that we would be offered a full refund. That wouldn’t bother us (my wife and I are already regretting booking the cruise) but our daughters and their partners would be really disappointed. I’m sure that P&O would make it difficult for me to cancel their bookings (as they could be moved), but they are only going because we are - and I am paying for them!  

If all this nonsense about ‘quarantine zones’ hasn’t ended by this time next year, I think I will try to cancel all the bookings myself, rather than let P&O ruin the holiday for everyone a few weeks before. 

5 minutes ago, davecttr said:

It looks as if they are increasing the number of quarantine cabins maybe because of the variant of the variant being more infectious.

I don’t think so. These are same cabins used in January. They are just leaving it late to inform people that they are being moved. 

9 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I am on that cruise and sorry to hear you will not be getting your deluxe balcony cabin. I had one of those on deck 9 last year and it was a good location.. It looks as if they are increasing the number of quarantine cabins maybe because of the variant of the variant being more infectious.

Thank you. Hopefully we’ll get deck 9.

One of the reasons we booked a deluxe was the lack of space between the bed and the wardrobe in standard balcony cabins (in that particular configuration) and from what I’ve seen the main bedroom part of the conservatory cabins are the same size as standard ones. 
Oh well, we can only wait and see what we’re offered.

9 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

One of the reasons we booked a deluxe was the lack of space between the bed and the wardrobe in standard balcony cabins (in that particular configuration) 

We pick our standard cabins so the bed is by the window, with the sofa near the wardrobe.  This was not an issue for us on the maiden.  Just hope if we are moved, we get the same orientation.  (for some reason the photo will not go in in portrait)

IMG_0677.JPEG

19 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

We pick our standard cabins so the bed is by the window, with the sofa near the wardrobe.  This was not an issue for us on the maiden.  Just hope if we are moved, we get the same orientation.  (for some reason the photo will not go in in portrait)

IMG_0677.JPEG

I’ll try to get one that way round but if it’s a choice between us with less space or my parents who are being moved too, I’d rather they got the more roomy configuration.

My sister had booked a standard balcony very close to our deluxe and she’s being moved to an alternate cabin of ‘an equal or higher grade’ so who knows where she’ll end up! 

• Like 2

Just now, SarahHben said:

I’ll try to get one that way round but if it’s a choice between us with less space or my parents who are being moved too, I’d rather they got the more roomy configuration.

My sister had booked a standard balcony very close to our deluxe and she’s being moved to an alternate cabin of ‘an equal or higher grade’ so who knows where she’ll end up! 

It is a pain, not being involved in the process just a bystander.  I think I need to group our bookings for October, as we have 3 together which would currently be in the quarantine zone.  I don't know if P&O take any notice of this when moving, but I know the in-laws would not be happy to be all split up on different sides and decks.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

It is a pain, not being involved in the process just a bystander.  I think I need to group our bookings for October, as we have 3 together which would currently be in the quarantine zone.  I don't know if P&O take any notice of this when moving, but I know the in-laws would not be happy to be all split up on different sides and decks.

Yes it’s so frustrating. Our 3 bookings are linked and my sister called P&O yesterday and they said they would do their best to keep us reasonably close but I’d rather we were spread out on deck 9 rather than altogether on deck 8. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Yes it’s so frustrating. Our 3 bookings are linked and my sister called P&O yesterday and they said they would do their best to keep us reasonably close but I’d rather we were spread out on deck 9 rather than altogether on deck 8. 

IMO those deck 8 cabins must be guarantee balconies because I don't think anyone would pick them when paying a select fare.

I would speak to your TA or P&O if booked direct and tell them you want to be close together but not on deck 8.

Graham

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Thank you. Hopefully we’ll get deck 9.

One of the reasons we booked a deluxe was the lack of space between the bed and the wardrobe in standard balcony cabins (in that particular configuration) and from what I’ve seen the main bedroom part of the conservatory cabins are the same size as standard ones. 
Oh well, we can only wait and see what we’re offered.

I remember Molecrochip saying that the bed is near the balcony if the door to the cabin is on the left;

This is what he said:

If space to get to the wardrobe is important then book a cabin where the sofa is next to the wardrobe. From what I understand, for each pair of cabins as shown below, the cabin with the door to the left hand side of the cabin (from the corridor) has the bed by the balcony and the sofa by the wardrobe (so 12.528 in this case)

image.png.44360aebf765f8426d89b082d8f5d143.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, thornegirl said:

I remember Molecrochip saying that the bed is near the balcony if the door to the cabin is on the left;

This is what he said:

If space to get to the wardrobe is important then book a cabin where the sofa is next to the wardrobe. From what I understand, for each pair of cabins as shown below, the cabin with the door to the left hand side of the cabin (from the corridor) has the bed by the balcony and the sofa by the wardrobe (so 12.528 in this case)

image.png.44360aebf765f8426d89b082d8f5d143.png

As it will be a cabin re-allocation I don't think we will have much of a choice. My sister has already been told her new cabin number this morning (deck 14) so hopefully I will have an email pretty soon.

• Like 1

Interestingly the website still shows protocols up to 30 April. However the good people getting moving emails are mainly sailing in May which would indicate P&O must have some idea now of their requirements for covid.

I have been looking at rebooking for May but wanted to see what happens first so holding off for next few days.

I'm a bit worried about Molecrochip asking for details of quarantine cabins on Ventura in another post, surely there should be a better resource for him/her than asking a passenger to check!

• Like 1