Silver Laundry benefit question

Dalcrew

29 minutes ago, Dalcrew said:

We are on The Odyssey  5/27 for 14 days and want to select the laundry as our benefit, if we are both silver do we each get a bag? 

If only one person selects the laundry option you only get one bag for the suite every 7 days. But it is amazing how much you can get into those bags. so you would get two free bags of laundry over the cruise.

They also used to have a $50 bag special which I hopefully someone who has sailed recently may be able to confirm is still available. So the principle being you stuff as much as you can in the bag and this works out a good deal. It was quite the fun challenge to see how many items you could fit into the bag and still manage to close it. 

Remember dry cleaning and same day service are not complimentary. Your laundry comes back pressed and hung up apart from underwear which comes in a basket with tissue paper neatly folded.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dalcrew said:

We are on The Odyssey  5/27 for 14 days and want to select the laundry as our benefit, if we are both silver do we each get a bag? 

Yes. You can each select that as your benefit.

Edited by marazul
  • Like 1

As a SB newbie (Silver but soon to be Gold) this thread taught us something.  We thought that the laundry benefit for Silver was 1 bag of laundry per cruise....not per 7 days.  When I look at the Preference page for our upcoming cruise this is unclear.  On our previous SB cruise (where we were also Silver) we only sent out a single bag of laundry (over 14 days) so never tested the propostion,

Hank

@Hlitner When you are Silver (as we are), the benefit is clearly "one bag of laundry". Period. So it's "per cruise." If you're on a 14-day cruise which is two 7-day cruises back-to-back, you might get a second bag (I'm not sure, since you get a discount for booking a B2B, and they may say your booking is essentially one cruise.) If you're on a 14-day cruise, I'm pretty sure you only get the one bag. 

When you step up to Gold, the difference is clearly delineated that your benefit has changed to "one bag for every 7 days on board."

And yes, you can double your laundry benefit if both you and your spouse select this as your benefit. We have found the 10% discount on shore excursions (which applies to both travelers) to be worth more financially than the free 50 bag of laundry; if you don't take many ship excursions, that might not hold true. 

@frantic36 Yes, the $50 laundry bag remains alive and well!

@cruiseejI did go to the my Seabourn account and check Silver benefits before posting. Next to Silver  laundry benefits there is an asterix and when I scrolled to the end of that list next to the asterix legend it states "one bag for every 7 days onboard".  

Under the gold benefits it almost seems to have a double asterix. It seems odd.

Mind you I still see them mentioning 2 hour wifi package for Silver and 3 hour for gold and I thought everyone now gets complimentary, especially with the promotions. Is that not the case? 

Good to know the $50 bag is still there. That was minor one thing that disappointed me on my only Silversea cruise that they had no laundry specials and everything was by the piece. A minor quibble I know.

It will be good to get onboard in July after 2.5 years to see what is the same and what has changed.

1 minute ago, shyla100 said:

frantic36

We are also booked in July after 2.5 years .which cruise are you doing?

We are on Sojourn Rome to Rome for 35 days starting July 10. Our last Med cruise in 2019 was Eastern Med so we wanted too go back to the Western Med this time. Which one are you doing? 

1 hour ago, frantic36 said:

@cruiseejI did go to the my Seabourn account and check Silver benefits before posting. Next to Silver  laundry benefits there is an asterix and when I scrolled to the end of that list next to the asterix legend it states "one bag for every 7 days onboard".  

Under the gold benefits it almost seems to have a double asterix. It seems odd.

Ah, I see you fell for Seabourn's trick of adding various superscript marks which the average eye can barely discern! 😉  For the Silver column, there is actually not an asterisk; there's a diamond. The diamond is a note that the complementary laundry does not include same-day laundry or dry-cleaning. For Gold, there is an asterisk and a diamond. The asterisk, which applies to Gold but not Silver, is the one which says "one bag for every 7 days on board". I've posted it enlarged here:

732040840_ScreenShot2022-03-21at5_43_45PM.thumb.png.35c38ec489b9cecc9c7231c9468421d3.png

1582833380_ScreenShot2022-03-21at5_42_07PM.thumb.png.687a31a432ff945ec7c6c50c5959593a.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the info everyone.  The laundry helps us cut down on the amount of things we need to pack. The excursion discount is not appealing because we have really seen all these stops before.  We are just excited to get back to Sebourn to Alaska.