Taxi from Pier 91 to Sea-Tac Airport

badger1829

Does anyone have experience with Seattle Express? We have a 11:13 am flight and from what I've read u can book them ahead of time, they start running at 7am and leave every 20 minutes. After  reading through this forum, I'm not sure if I should book them or go with a taxi or lyft.

I read their website and reviews.  My concern is that it appears they run shuttles, which means you have to wait until the shuttle is full and everyone’s luggage is loaded.  If you find differently, please post.  

Edited by badger1829
Additional content

On 3/21/2022 at 6:06 PM, oufpat said:

Does anyone have experience with Seattle Express? We have a 11:13 am flight and from what I've read u can book them ahead of time, they start running at 7am and leave every 20 minutes. After  reading through this forum, I'm not sure if I should book them or go with a taxi or lyft.

If you have a 11:15 flight you need to be one of the first off the ship in the morning and catch a cab to the airport. There will be a long line of cabs waiting in cue. Sea-Tac airport can be a nightmare when the cruise ships come in and depart. Take advantage of the bag program so you don't have to mess with your bags and you should be fine. We live in the Seattle area and are home by 10:45am when we get off the ship. 

• Like 2

On 3/21/2022 at 8:06 PM, oufpat said:

I do not have experience with Seattle Express (plan to use them next cruise), but with an 11:13 flight I would not chance it and just take a taxi (check and see if they have a flat rate option).  It is not worth the worry IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

I do not have experience with Seattle Express (plan to use them next cruise), but with an 11:13 flight I would not chance it and just take a taxi (check and see if they have a flat rate option).  It is not worth the worry IMO.

I would agree with this.  Take a taxi or an Uber.  I would not wait around for a group ride share with an early flight.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jamie717 said:

We are booked on a 10:15 am flight...is it even doable?  I don't know what I was thinking when I booked it!

No. A look around the board shows the common recommendation is no flights before 11:30, although some will try 11am.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 2:30 PM, Glaciers said:

If your flight is support3e you should look at Port Valet so you don't need to carry your own luggage off the ship. After putting it out at night you don't see it until you arrive at your destination.

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

badger, did you see this post from Glaciers?  You can use Port Valet (free) and not have to worry with any bags but your carry-on.  I was thrilled to learn about Port Valet!!

• Like 1