I almost booked. Thank for all the info..

matj2000

After arriving home last weekend from Miami I saw the MSC Seashore docked.

What an awsome, great looking ship.    I said I want to sail that ship next year.

But now after reading reviews and reports from this thread, I will give it a hard "No Way".

I cannot believe they can do things so wrong and still be in business.

To all that wrote the reviews and threads,   Thank you very much...

25 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

What an awsome, great looking ship.    I said I want to sail that ship next year.

But now after reading reviews and reports from this thread, I will give it a hard "No Way".

What made you think, based on reviews, that you should not cruise MSC?

There are reasons to cruise on a specific ship and reasons not to cruise on a specific ship. 

There is no ship that is totally bad nor totally excellent.

I have done over 100 cruises on many cruise lines. This year we are going on RCI, MSC, NCL and Celebrity. Yes, this year. We re going on the Seashore. We have cruised MSC since 2006. 

I disagree with people who say that MSC has the best food and pizza. Food is very subjective. 

MSC has beautiful ships, great entertainment and decent prices. 

For every bad review you will read a good review. 

Only you will be able to tell whether you will enjoy MSC and no one else can tell you different. 

I would reconsider your judgement based on reviews. Take them with a grain of salt. Throw them over your should and think about them when they crash on the ground. 

What lines do you cruise? What ships have you been on?

Rethink and ask for some suggestions. 

JMHO!

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Oxo said:

What made you think, based on reviews, that you should not cruise MSC?

There are reasons to cruise on a specific ship and reasons not to cruise on a specific ship. 

There is no ship that is totally bad nor totally excellent.

I have done over 100 cruises on many cruise lines. This year we are going on RCI, MSC, NCL and Celebrity. Yes, this year. We re going on the Seashore. We have cruised MSC since 2006. 

I disagree with people who say that MSC has the best food and pizza. Food is very subjective. 

MSC has beautiful ships, great entertainment and decent prices. 

For every bad review you will read a good review. 

Only you will be able to tell whether you will enjoy MSC and no one else can tell you different. 

I would reconsider your judgement based on reviews. Take them with a grain of salt. Throw them over your should and think about them when they crash on the ground. 

What lines do you cruise? What ships have you been on?

Rethink and ask for some suggestions. 

JMHO!

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising!

We just got off the Symphony o/t Seas on Sat.

It was one of the most flawless cruises we have had out of 27.   

Boarding was a breeze, no lines, crowds, elevators were functioning.

Just all the chaos and lines in the SeaShore reviews are enough to make me think twice.

That seemed to be the general theme to all of them.

Edited by matj2000
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

We just got off the Symphony o/t Seas on Sat.

It was one of the most flawless cruises we have had out of 27.   

Boarding was a breeze, no lines, crowds, elevators were functioning.

Just all the chaos and lines in the SeaShore reviews are enough to make me think twice.

That seemed to be the general theme to all of them.

We have done the Symphony OTS, too. Totally different style of ship. In fact we are going back on the Oasis B2B in May. Seashore B2B in July.

Since you have cruised, I fully understand. I was just trying to help as we have no favorite cruise line. 

Enjoy!

2 hours ago, matj2000 said:

I was on MSC MSC Seashore last month in February. Only had around 1,100 passengers. Had none of the issues people are posting about right now. The issues they are reporting right now are specific to increased passengers during spring break. I had no lines, no elevator waits, no food shortages, lots of free space, no admission.errors, just none of what I see people talking about. I also sailed on Royal's Symphony of the Seas and had a great cruise as well. No issues just like the Seashore had no issues. I wouldn't make my decision to sail sometime in the future based on this spring break stuff. Just like I wouldn't use the drama people were reporting during the Christmas holidays on multiple ships to deter me from "never" sailing on a ship. That just doesn't put things in perspective. Man, if that was the logic, I would think no one would be cruising after the holiday sailings drama, lol.  Especially the drama that was on the Symphony, lol. My point is to put things in context. But, hey, I'm happy when folks choose not to sail. Helps me have more space. When the kids go back to school, I will happily sail again with fewer people on board. 🙂 (well, until summer mess starts)

• Like 2

I read all the bad reviews regarding MSC, but saw a solo rate for a balcony the last week of January on the Meraviglia that was too good to pass up ( $ 339 + port charges). I figured worst case scenario I could sit on the balcony and eat pizza, lol. I was pleasantly surprised with the ship, service, food & entertainment. There were only 591 passengers on board, so it felt almost like a private cruise. I know that was not the norm, but had I believed all of negative reviews and not tried them for myself, I would have missed one of the top 3 cruises I have taken in the last 35 year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Reviews are nothing more than opinions of people who often have positive or negative bias.  You have to read them all and average them out to come close to "truth."  I was on the Seashore for Spring Break and we had a great time.  I read two other reviews on here that would have made you think the trip was Hell on Earth.  Simply not our experience.

Try reading my review for a different perspective:

8 hours ago, matj2000 said:

What? You don't like cheap cruise?

If I booked based on reviews I would never set foot on any ship, dine at any restaurant or shop in any store. People are more likely to speak up about a bad experience than a good one. In a lot of reviews I notice one thing goes awry and now suddenly everything is awful and none of the good is mentioned.

• Like 6

You are on vacation...enjoy...and don't sweet the little stuff.   I'd rather be on a cruise than where I am now...MSC is a fine brand.  Are they perfect? Nope.  Their pre-board customer service is horrendous.  If you are worried, book TC and you should be fine.

The service changes the minute you step on the ship. It's as good or better than most cruise lines. The secret is once you booked, never call to make a change, because that's when the problems start, and don't get corrected. Just stay with your original  booking and you'll be fine.

18 hours ago, blueslily said:

I wouldn't make my decision to sail sometime in the future based on this spring break stuff.

but my cruise on the Seashore would have been during the spring break.... 2nd week in April. I cancelled it back in December due to some bad behavior from MSC.

8 hours ago, deliver42 said:

The service changes the minute you step on the ship. It's as good or better than most cruise lines. The secret is once you booked, never call to make a change, because that's when the problems start, and don't get corrected. Just stay with your original  booking and you'll be fine.

To use your secret once you booked may be impossible due to many things change and even MSC makes changes people are not aware of.

To me, this is a big shortcoming and MSC should correct this ASAP!

Only 13% of people traveling will post a review-usually disgruntled ones. I would not judge a ship by the reviews written. I happen to love the MSC product and if you are comfortable on another line-book it!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I just got off of the Seashore on March 12th and had a great cruise.  Will book MSC again in a heartbeat.  Sure there were hiccups but a lot of the negative reviews that I have seen are totally different than our experience. Were there problems sure, never been on a cruise where there weren't.

I take cruise reviews with a grain of salt.  Some people (such as myself) usually never give reviews but the people that are ticked off about something are usually the first to yell and yell loud. JMHO

• Like 4

I will not defend the MSC land based customer service or technical IT/Website.  They are horrendous.  However, the on board experience for us was great.  The Seashore was an amazing ship and the service was outstanding.  The main complaints I see are recently due to the large increase in guests.  There are bad reviews all around including other cruise lines.  You are traveling during a pandemic  things will be different for now.  

I took an MSC cruise right before the pandemic and it was fabulous.  I booked in the Yacht Club and the cost was very reasonable and the service excellent.  Took 2 Viking Ocean cruises in 2021 and we preferred the MSC Yacht Club experience (which was a better value).  Going on MSC again in May (again in the Yacht Club) and looking forward to it.  I would try MSC and if it is available, book in the Yacht Club. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 7:00 PM, matj2000 said:

Good for you. 

I hate them. I am on the Seaview now.

Issue after issue after excuses.

Still overcharged on this cruise and when I spoke to the concierge about it and my lack of cooperation on land he told.me that this cruise is actually not a MSCUSA cruise 

That is why the currency is Euro.

He told me I need to contact the foreign customer service department.

That's ok, 

Now I have 4 Names from Seaview

4 from Meraviglia and 4 from Seashore.

Who can figure out what's coming next when I get home?

My turn!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MSCdivina2016,

I feel so bad for you to continually have to go through this horrible customer service. To the cruiser who says they would take MSC over Celebrity? Good luck to you MSC isn’t even close to the quality customer service you get on Celebrity.

But to each his own.

I remember before we booked the Jan MSC Cruise I read deliver42’s comment saying once you got it kinda of where you want it don’t change anything and they were right. 
We didn’t change anything but bailed out when omicron ramped up and to see how they handled the 48 hour cancellation was atrocious. MSC had zero compassion.

Glad we just cut our losses and moved on from this poor example of a customer service.

For anyone considering MSC just read the reviews. You will change your mind.

To put MSCdivina2016 through all this is ridiculous. Like I’ve said before they have cheap cruises, but for a reason. Your time and anguish has to be worth something. 

15 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

MSCdivina2016,

I feel so bad for you to continually have to go through this horrible customer service. To the cruiser who says they would take MSC over Celebrity? Good luck to you MSC isn’t even close to the quality customer service you get on Celebrity.

You guys need to accept that MSC is not a US company. And customer service (and tipping and many other things) in Europe (and especially in Italy) are a very different experience. Unfortunatly in the end all has to go through Naples where all happiness comes to an end. Still MSC delivers over all a very hard to beat product that is loved by so many. 

Maybe the US pax should first enjoy the Ryanair costumer service before any other European companies. Yes, Europes most loved and hated and biggest airline with the famous celebrity CEO, for training reasons read some of his best quotes here:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/shortcuts/2013/nov/08/michael-o-leary-33-daftest-quotes

Edited by perakcruiser

53 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

You guys need to accept that MSC is not a US company. And customer service (and tipping and many other things) in Europe (and especially in Italy) are a very different experience. Unfortunatly in the end all has to go through Naples where all happiness comes to an end. Still MSC delivers over all a very hard to beat product that is loved by so many. 

Maybe the US pax should first enjoy the Ryanair costumer service before any other European companies. Yes, Europes most loved and hated and biggest airline with the famous celebrity CEO, for training reasons read some of his best quotes here:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/shortcuts/2013/nov/08/michael-o-leary-33-daftest-quotes

So what cruise line is an American company?  Even Pride of America, yet flagged as a USA ship by NCL is still not a USA company.

2 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

So what cruise line is an American company?  Even Pride of America, yet flagged as a USA ship by NCL is still not a USA company.

All the big 3 Carnval, Royal and NCL are headquartered in the US, so is Disney

7 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

It's not just about where the company is registered for the sake of convenience. That's just one aspect of it. One also has to consider where the mind and management of the company is situated to determine its true location.