Port of Los Angeles

xJSW

On 5/22/2023 at 1:49 PM, scottca075 said:

Hotel Maya is great for the Long Beach cruise port, less so for Los Angeles.

Carnival uses the terms interchangeably, I may have picked up their bad habit

• 2 weeks later...

Our TA booked us a Hertz car, pick up at LAX, and drop off about 10 minutes from the port. We can Uber or something if needed. Our last night, we are at a Fairfield Inn in El Segunda, and it has a free airport shuttle. Not fancy, and that's fine, looks close to some restaurants. We'll figure something out.

I booked the Comfort Suites North Hollywood for pre-cruise. As I think I noted before, we work for Universal in Orlando, and can go to Universal Hollywood for free. Also plan to visit the movie museum. We will have a car and can drive where needed. Thanks for the suggestions.

12 hours ago, kimlovesfl said:

I booked the Comfort Suites North Hollywood for pre-cruise. As I think I noted before, we work for Universal in Orlando, and can go to Universal Hollywood for free. Also plan to visit the movie museum. We will have a car and can drive where needed. Thanks for the suggestions.

Despite the name, "Comfort Inn & Suites Near Universal", it ain't near Universal and NOT a nice area. I'd look for something in Burbank near the studios or Hollywood, NOT North Hollywood.

Look at the Tangerine Inn, Best Western Plus Media Center, Amarano, Annabelle and Safari Inn in Burbank, and in Hollywood, the Best Western Hollywood Plaza, Hilton Garden Inn, The Prospect, and Hollywood Hills Hotel.

The Fairfield Inn ES is fine. The area is very industrial, so not exciting, but some spots to eat nearby and safe.

Edited by scottca075

On 6/3/2023 at 8:28 AM, kimlovesfl said:

Our TA booked us a Hertz car, pick up at LAX, and drop off about 10 minutes from the port. We can Uber or something if needed. Our last night, we are at a Fairfield Inn in El Segunda, and it has a free airport shuttle. Not fancy, and that's fine, looks close to some restaurants. We'll figure something out.

if you are going to be in North Hollywood, take the red line metro ( subway) to Hollywood/Highland station. The red line station is across from Unirversal Studios  From there, you are in the heart of Hollywood Blvd.  you can visit Madam Toussauds, walk the BLVD and look at the stars on the sidewalk.  Have a drink at Musso and Franks ( a step back into old Hollywood).  Go to the upstairs back of the Hollywood/Highland complex, and there is a very good spot to see the Hollywood sign ( great selfie pictures from there with the sign in background). And of course, Chinese Theatre is next door with all the footprints/handprints of the stars.