No Officer at Meet & Greet

MoCruiseFan

On 3/23/2022 at 3:45 PM, MoCruiseFan said:

I have been hearing rumors that NCL is currently (at least on some ships) setting up CC Meet & Greets but no ship's offers attend.  Can any of you who have cruised recently provide have relevant information as to the truth of these rumors?  If so, please share your experience.  Thank you.

We had a meet and greet on the Bliss on the first sailing after her restart in October. We had five or six heads of departments and I hadn't honestly expected any of them. They kept their distance because protocols were different but all introduced themselves to the group. Make sure you are emailing specialeventsSHIPNAME@ncl.com

Edited by Shellbelle28
  • Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 6:49 PM, ziggyuk said:

We go in 16 days and I have been emailing them for weeks with zero response.
I can see we will have to cancel ours at this rate.

I used the correct email and got an auto reply on the first mailing.

What ship are you going on? It took my quite a while to get a response for mine in Feb. Had to end up emailing the GM to get some movement. Was within a week before things were set.

15 minutes ago, Hutcha said:

What ship are you going on? It took my quite a while to get a response for mine in Feb. Had to end up emailing the GM to get some movement. Was within a week before things were set.

Thanks, It is the Jade.

On 3/25/2022 at 8:34 AM, Hutcha said:

I am setting up the M&G for an upcoming Escape sailing (assuming that we don't get bumped to a different ship). I emailed them on 3/21 and had everything confirmed by 3/25.

The confirmation email mentioned: "Please be advised the ship Officers will not be hosting the meet and greet."

Just FYI, currently onboard Getaway this week with a CC Meet & Greet, close to 50 attendees.  Ship's senior officers did not attend per corporate health safety policy but we have a microphone to use and a staff there to help with signing in, refreshment served.

Captain's VIP Reception starting again, it's on tonight at Bliss Lounge and Latitude Reception on Thursday hosted by Latitude/CruiseNext team at Spice H2O.

• Like 4

We were on Getaway 2022.12.5 transatlantic cruise.  We had a big M&G event with probably 100 people attending.  It was a very active and large group.  The captain and other officers came, talked a bit, and answered lots of questions.

For our upcoming Jewel 2022.3.29 (tomorrow) cruise, I'm organizing a Sail Away Get-together, and Meet & Mingle.  After two weeks without response, I emailed NCL again, and got a room assigned to our M&G.  There's no indication if any officer will attend.  I just emailed to them who/where I can come to get sticky name tags and other info to give to people (in case no officer came).  I have some yellow sticky notes but they don't stick to clothing (so maybe use stapler?😝)

On 3/23/2022 at 3:49 PM, ziggyuk said:

We go in 16 days and I have been emailing them for weeks with zero response.
I can see we will have to cancel ours at this rate.

I used the correct email and got an auto reply on the first mailing.

That's odd.  My sailing on the Bliss on April 10th (12 days away) we have been confirmed that our G&M will be on the 11th in the Cagney's Steakhouse from 10:30 am to 11:30 am.  We were told Officers would attend.  

On 3/23/2022 at 11:08 PM, KeithJenner said:

We are on the cruise after you and decided to not even bother trying to organise an official meet and greet. After reading this I’m pleased we didn’t.

Keith,

Just to let you know we finally got notification our M&G will be on day 2 (sea day) at 11am in Le Bistro, there was no word if officers will attend so I asked and was told it's at the ships digression.

• Like 1

On our September 2021 Encore cruise, about a dozen officers showed up and visited with people.  They just kept their masks on.

We have a M & G scheduled for our April 3rd cruise on the Bliss so I guess we will see if any officers show up or if it ends up as a visit with other passengers.

9 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Keith,

Just to let you know we finally got notification our M&G will be on day 2 (sea day) at 11am in Le Bistro, there was no word if officers will attend so I asked and was told it's at the ships digression.

Thanks for letting me know.

We have arranged an informal meet up on embarkation day, and there aren't many of us on the roll call, so I doubt we will bother trying to set one up now, but I will mention it in case anyone else wants to try to arrange one.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Keith,

Did you have to  have a certain number of passengers for the meet & greet?  seemed  it was around 25 in years past.

Certainly understandable that some things are modified in the wake of Covid.  

While I think a "Behind The Scenes Tour" would be interesting to participate in, I am curious about why people are interested in a Meet & Greet or a Dinner with the Officers.  What info is shared or what actually happens at these things?  I'd kind of rather the Officers spent their time overseeing the ship and staff!

6 hours ago, ISLABONITA said:

Did you have to  have a certain number of passengers for the meet & greet?  seemed  it was around 25 in years past.

No but I was very late as nobody had started one, I therefore put my best estimate of 40 (still a way off 🤪 but over 25).

4 hours ago, Thunderbird19 said:

Certainly understandable that some things are modified in the wake of Covid.  

While I think a "Behind The Scenes Tour" would be interesting to participate in, I am curious about why people are interested in a Meet & Greet or a Dinner with the Officers.  What info is shared or what actually happens at these things?  I'd kind of rather the Officers spent their time overseeing the ship and staff!

Officers actually enjoy getting a chance to visit with passsengers and getting feedback.  At the M&G's, they pass out cards with the Senior Hotel Management staff members names, titles and their handheld phone numbers.  If you have an issue, you can call them directly to get it resolved.  For example, if you are have a plumbing problem or an issue with your room Steward, you can call the Exective Housekeeper directly.  

Dining With An Officer is great fun.  They get a chance to interact with passengers.  Passengers get a chance to learn about a particular position ( Hotel General Manager for example) and what it took for that person to achieve that position.  Sometime you get to learn about the home country of the Officer (Croatia, or Myanmar).  Nice dinner with sometimes very interesting people both passengers and Officers).