No Officer at Meet & Greet

MoCruiseFan

I have been hearing rumors that NCL is currently (at least on some ships) setting up CC Meet & Greets but no ship's offers attend.  Can any of you who have cruised recently provide have relevant information as to the truth of these rumors?  If so, please share your experience.  Thank you.

We go in 16 days and I have been emailing them for weeks with zero response.
I can see we will have to cancel ours at this rate.

I used the correct email and got an auto reply on the first mailing.

18 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

We are on the cruise after you and decided to not even bother trying to organise an official meet and greet. After reading this I’m pleased we didn’t.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

We are on the cruise after you and decided to not even bother trying to organise an official meet and greet. After reading this I’m pleased we didn’t.

If it's not going to happen, I wish they would just tell me so I can stop wasting my time and that of those who want to attend. I will be having to let everyone know it's cancelled next.

35 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

If it's not going to happen, I wish they would just tell me so I can stop wasting my time and that of those who want to attend. I will be having to let everyone know it's cancelled next.

You can still organize your own meet and greet in term of meeting other cruisers if you wanted to do this. Do not need a room or have NCL to handle this.

But if it was just to meet the staffs, then no. It will not happen at all.

• Thanks 1

No officers on the Bliss  last month.  But they did have refreshments and the staff from the bakery (the ladies who were bringing pastries around every morning in the buffet) ran through all their "presentation" raps for a little bit of entertainment.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

It took me until today to get word on a cruise that sails this weekend!

4 minutes ago, casofilia said:

I presume that there was no "Latitudes Free Ship Tour" nor a "Dining with Officers" on any ship so far since cruising resumed.

You are correct

No Behind the scene tour

No Dinner with Officers

No Wines around the World tasting

We had a Meet & Greet on the Jan 29, 2022 Gem cruise but we knew way before the cruise that the Officers and Staff would not be attending. We probably had 35 or more show up and had a good time chatting with each other. I'm sure after Covid is even less of a risk, they will begin attending again.....at least I hope so. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FlGoodShips said:

Yes. Just go to cruise next desk. I went the first day. I believe it was $25 per cabin.

It depends on your Latitude level. We got $50 for diamond. I think it MAY be Platinum & Sapphire $25 per cabin and Diamond & Ambassador $50 per cabin not per latitude member.

I hosted our meet and greet on the Getaway earlier this month. We had a coordinator who was there and there were refreshments. No officers but we did get the card with a list of their numbers. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, peg013 said:

It depends on your Latitude level. We got $50 for diamond. I think it MAY be Platinum & Sapphire $25 per cabin and Diamond & Ambassador $50 per cabin not per latitude member.

It's $50 per cabin for Sapphire, and Diamond. We were both Sapphire at the start of our recent b2b2b on the Bliss. When I became Diamond on the second and third legs it was still $50. A nice gift while things are cancelled.

Officers didn't attend the meet and greet on any of those cruises, but it was still good to meet other cruisers.

I'm organizing  (possible) m&gs on our May 19 and May 31 Spirit cruises, it could be different by then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joyy7403 said:

The officers haven’t been attending because of Covid. Hopefully we’ll see them soon! Someone in your roll call group has to organize the Meet & Greet, the ship’s crew doesn’t.

On the Getaway, last October, out of Rome, to Greek Isles, there was no Meet and Greet. On the Escape out of Port Canaveral in December, we had a M & G and the Hotel Manager, Head Chef, and other Food & Beverage people all showed up.

Edited by anyman

3 hours ago, Rob_H said:

It's $50 per cabin for Sapphire, and Diamond. We were both Sapphire at the start of our recent b2b2b on the Bliss. When I became Diamond on the second and third legs it was still $50. A nice gift while things are cancelled.

Officers didn't attend the meet and greet on any of those cruises, but it was still good to meet other cruisers.

I'm organizing  (possible) m&gs on our May 19 and May 31 Spirit cruises, it could be different by then.

On Breakaway Sept. and Oct. 2021 there were understandably none of those events but neither was there OBC.  Like Peg, I'm Diamond so will check it out next week on Gem.

p.s.  Hi Peg and George!  Someone on 3/30 Gem roll says they're taking LRC set with them.  Brought back the best memories!  Haven't played since. I need George next to me to sprinkle the fairy dust.  Have fun cruising!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, snorklinbarb said:

On Breakaway Sept. and Oct. 2021 there were understandably none of those events but neither was there OBC.  Like Peg, I'm Diamond so will check it out next week on Gem.

You have to actually go to the cruise next desk to request the OBC gift, it's not automatic. So that you can be pitched for more cruise nexts, which is fine, that's their job.

You can also collect a new pin there that shows your latitudes level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, snorklinbarb said:

p.s.  Hi Peg and George!  Someone on 3/30 Gem roll says they're taking LRC set with them.  Brought back the best memories!  Haven't played since. I need George next to me to sprinkle the fairy dust.  Have fun cruising!

Hi Barb! We only played LCR twice on the Gem in January 2022. Only had 6 show up with crappy Covid breathing down our necks. I really want to play games like we did before - can't wait. Hopefully on the Prima this October. Not enough sea days to play much going to/from Bermuda in May with Norfolk on the schedule. 

This $25-$50 only originated when the Latitude Rewards Program changed Jan 10, 2022. Much like the Behind the Scene Tour and Dinner with an Officer, you have to sign up for the new Wine Tasting and Whiskey Tasting (for Diamond & Amb). You have to go sign up the first day of the cruise with the Cruise Next people. Since they are not running these new "activities" yet because of COVID, they are offering the OBC instead. But you must ask for it and like the Shareholder OBC, you cannot use it to purchase Cruise Next deposits. Pick up your new Latitude Pin while you are there if you haven't already.

Edited by peg013
add note about pin