Help with emed test kits

imola

14 minutes ago, imola said:

I just went to the med site to order.  I put the 6 pack in my cart.  It added the shipping and tax which brought it to over $182.00.  Then after I put in the billing information it said:

"Items in your cart legally require a medical prescription to be dispensed. Those items will be delivered to you after approval by an eMed Medical Professional."

Has anyone else has this happen?  If so is there a cost from them to get this "prescription"?  They are making it hard to do business with them. 

Never had that. I bought 2x using the link on Royal's website.  The last time was about 1 1/2 weeks ago.

33 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Never had that. I bought 2x using the link on Royal's website.  The last time was about 1 1/2 weeks ago.

Yes I was on the emed site because I need 6 tests and cannot get the 6 pack going through the RC site. Only 2 pack and 3 pack. It is just frustrating. The 2 and 3 pack together cost the same as 6 pack. 

8 minutes ago, imola said:

Yes I was on the emed site because I need 6 tests and cannot get the 6 pack going through the RC site. Only 2 pack and 3 pack. It is just frustrating. The 2 and 3 pack together cost the same as 6 pack. 

Order 2 3 packs, or 3 2 packs.  We ordered 2 2 packs. I ordered 1 and dh ordered the other 2 pack.

36 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Order 2 3 packs, or 3 2 packs.  We ordered 2 2 packs. I ordered 1 and dh ordered the other 2 pack.

OK biting the bullet and just going ahead and buying at the Optum Store through the RC website. It is still $7.99 shipping but I am tired of stressing about it.  Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and help.

10 hours ago, imola said:

I just went to the med site to order.  I put the 6 pack in my cart.  It added the shipping and tax which brought it to over $182.00.  Then after I put in the billing information it said:

"Items in your cart legally require a medical prescription to be dispensed. Those items will be delivered to you after approval by an eMed Medical Professional."

Has anyone else has this happen?  If so is there a cost from them to get this "prescription"?  They are making it hard to do business with them. 

No, have not. Did you click that you wanted the tests for cruise travel?

Just now, ecslady said:

Can someone that just ordered the 2 or 3 pack from the RC link to the Optum Store, post what the expiration date of the tests ares? 

The ones we got last week have a January 2023 date.

11 hours ago, imola said:

I ordered from Optum, maybe you'd have better luck there.

I ordered last week on the RC site for the 2 packs from Optum.  I called because it said free shipping for over $49 and I couldn't get that to work.   She told me they need to update the website, they are no longer offering the free shipping on either the 2 pack or 3 pack.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, njkruzer said:

The ones we got last week have a January 2023 date.

Perfect!  I was hoping to order the 3 pack now, use one in May and the other in September, and then have an extra one - so this will work. 

Thanks for responding!

1 minute ago, ecslady said:

Perfect!  I was hoping to order the 3 pack now, use one in May and the other in September, and then have an extra one - so this will work. 

Thanks for responding!

No problem!

9 hours ago, billslowsky said:

I ordered from Optum, maybe you'd have better luck there.

Yes I ordered from them last night. They charge $7.99 for "expedited shipping" then said tests would arrive Wednesday or Thursday.  At least I have them ordered so don't have to worry.  

4 hours ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

My shipping came to $18.27.  Must depend on where they're shipping to.  I wish there was an option for standard shipping instead of FedEx 2 day to save some $.

Screenshot_20220327-130257_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Yes, me as well. I went ahead and bought at Optum Store. Now I can check it off my To Due list. 

I assume we take the test "in front" of the eMed medical professional on-line who verifies everything is accurate and sends the results? Can multiple people use the same login account or does every traveler have to have their own? My husband and I planned to help my parents do the test before our Alaska Cruise in June. Thanks.

22 hours ago, imola said:

I ordered a 6 pack from the emed site on Thursday night and received the same message about a prescription. I got the shipping notice early Friday morning and they should be here tomorrow. Apparently the prescription thing is some sort of formality but it didn’t delay or complicate the order any.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SKSMIKE5 said:

I assume we take the test "in front" of the eMed medical professional on-line who verifies everything is accurate and sends the results? Can multiple people use the same login account or does every traveler have to have their own? My husband and I planned to help my parents do the test before our Alaska Cruise in June. Thanks.

Each adult person has to have a separate account.  Parents can include children on their account i believe and help but not sure if an adult can get help. Is there a faq on their website?

4 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Each adult person has to have a separate account.  Parents can include children on their account i believe and help but not sure if an adult can get help. Is there a faq on their website?

Thanks! Their FAQ's said you can administer for a child. No worries, we'll just have to set up multiple accounts.

On 3/27/2022 at 6:29 PM, Mrcar09 said:

I ordered a 6 pack from the emed site on Thursday night and received the same message about a prescription. I got the shipping notice early Friday morning and they should be here tomorrow. Apparently the prescription thing is some sort of formality but it didn’t delay or complicate the order any.

Ordered with Optum through the RC website.  Charged for "Expedited  shipping" with not way to op out of that.  That was Saturday and still no tests yet and cannot find that they were ever shipped. 

On 3/26/2022 at 10:23 PM, imola said:

There's no charge, it's just a formality.  They have one of their prescribing professionals do it.  It's all behind the scenes and seamless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

There's no charge, it's just a formality.  They have one of their prescribing professionals do it.  It's all behind the scenes and seamless.

Well I ended up going back to the RC and ordering through them with Optum.  Now if the dang tests would just show up, 

7 hours ago, imola said:

Well I ended up going back to the RC and ordering through them with Optum.  Now if the dang tests would just show up, 

The five test kits arrived tonight about 7:00 pm.