Booking Specialty Reservation with Onboard Credit

belmontcrew

We have an onboard credit for our upcoming sailing. We wanted to use that for a couple of Specialty dinner reservations. However, making a reservation in the Medallion app will charge our credit card. Is my only option to make a reservation once we board?  

Thanks for any help. 

There have been a lot of post on this subject. Is the credit for SD, or is it just the regular OBC? If it's SD credit, then you may be able to book it and see it kind of charge it but then zero it out. If it's OBC then you'd have to wait till on the ship. If it is SD credit and it doesn't zero it out, then from what I've read is Princess says you can book it online, pay, and get OBC back when you get onboard. You can read plenty of complaints on here about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, belmontcrew said:

We have an onboard credit for our upcoming sailing. We wanted to use that for a couple of Specialty dinner reservations. However, making a reservation in the Medallion app will charge our credit card. Is my only option to make a reservation once we board?  

Thanks for any help. 

See the discussion at :

15 hours ago, Moondogy said:

As @007colocruz said, the only thing so far that we've seen able to use OBC per cruise is excursions.

OBC is for anything when onboard- this is how the rep described it to me. It is very frustrating because we PAID for this special dinner and Princess has it as a TA gift. NOT!

However, I was able to book shore excursions with it, go figure.

• Like 1

I had called Princess Customer Service and at first the rep was going to let me book.  After he had my reservations entered, he realized it would not accept it unless I paid.  He then said that I could not use the OBC on a Specialty Restaurant, but then backpedaled on that.  I will just wait till I get on board, but it is very frustrating that we can't do this.  Most of the prime dinner times will be taken, but we have no other option.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nini said:

OBC is for anything when onboard- this is how the rep described it to me. It is very frustrating because we PAID for this special dinner and Princess has it as a TA gift. NOT!

However, I was able to book shore excursions with it, go figure.

Yes.....The per in that sentence was supposed to be pre....lol....dyslexic I really should learn to proof read 🤣