NCL Joy

TYTY

I am on the NCL Joy right now.  Our cruise is over tomorrow morning.  I am in the Vibe so I am in a very good position to answer your question. This is the very first time I have purchased the Vibe Beach Club.  I usually cruise exclusively in the Haven.  As a matter of fact, I was cruising in the Haven on the Joy four months ago with my family.  That is an overview only.

The Vibe Beach Club is private area on deck 19 for adults only.  It has two hot tubs and is located in the middle of the ship.  It has padded lounge chairs and a full bar.  Do I like it, NO.  I love it.  All you have to do is go past the mail pool on a sea day to see why.  

When I enter the Vibe, the crew ask me where I want to sit.  They put towels on the chair, bring me ice water and ask if I want an umbrella.  When I am settled, they ask if I want a drink.  The cost was $209 for the week.  Some folks say it is an over priced place.  Well I got a 75 minute massage and it cost $254 with tip.  209 is NOT over priced.  Never crowded, always accommodating and that is a credit to the crew members there.

One more thing, when I was on the Joy in the Haven, they have the Haven Sundeck.  No bar and kind of hard to get a drink up there.  Also, since NCL sells out the Haven, getting a lounge chair in the Haven sundeck was difficult on some days.  Never the issue in the Vibe. 

Now I was not going to reply here because when ever the words Haven or Vibe come up some folks get really testy about it.  I am here, I paid the money and I say it is GREAT.  Hope that helps you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

On the Joy, I could completely understand the value of getting the vibe pass, however; I will always go for the thermal spa pass if there is the option.

I could not agree with you more.  For those that don't know, the NCL Joy does not have a Thermal Spa.  If you don't know what the Thermal Spa is, please watch videos of it on YouTube.  There is nothing like having a heated tile lounge chair available to you while looking at the ocean.  It is lovely and super relaxing.  The Joy was built for the Asian market and for whatever reason, they don't have a Thermal Spa.  In this case, the Vibe was the best situation.

Cruise well.

• Like 1

First time doing a cruise where the Vibe seems like a viable option, usually cruise in the winter and spend the money on the Thermal Spa since we have at least 2 cold days at sea.  Where does one purchase the Vibe passes on Joy?

8 minutes ago, geegee1 said:

First time doing a cruise where the Vibe seems like a viable option, usually cruise in the winter and spend the money on the Thermal Spa since we have at least 2 cold days at sea.  Where does one purchase the Vibe passes on Joy?

Japanese Restaurant, table set up. $209.  Worth every penny. Get there early, they sell out quick. Good luck

5 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Japanese Restaurant, table set up. $209.  Worth every penny. Get there early, they sell out quick. Good luck

Thanks.  Used to running once we get on board to sign the kids up for Splash.  Now that they are older, I'll just use that energy and run to Teppanyaki.

• Haha 1