eMed versus Inspire

chrisdar1

With Inspire rapid telehealth test, you schedule your proctored session in advance.  How does eMed work?  On the website, there is a button that says "Start Testing," do you just begin a session clicking the Start Testing link and someone sets up the call immediately?   

Can you also test more than just yourself in the one session?  (Or is it like the iHealth where everyone needs their own testing session?

Sorry for asking more COVID questions, we're going to be testing from a hotel and I'm trying to find the easiest way to get it done.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

I have used emed three times now.  It is super easy.  You do not need an appointment, just click ready to test and they connect you with someone.  I have never had to wait.  Once connected it takes about 20 minutes to complete, 15 minutes is waiting on the test.  You do not need to stay in front of the screen during this 15 minutes.  After the 15 minute timer is up you click that you are back and ready to read the results and they connect you with another person and to read the results.  They will email you the results almost immediately and they will be uploaded to the Novice app within 5 minutes.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jlabs03 said:

I have used emed three times now.  It is super easy.  You do not need an appointment, just click ready to test and they connect you with someone.  I have never had to wait.  Once connected it takes about 20 minutes to complete, 15 minutes is waiting on the test.  You do not need to stay in front of the screen during this 15 minutes.  After the 15 minute timer is up you click that you are back and ready to read the results and they connect you with another person and to read the results.  They will email you the results almost immediately and they will be uploaded to the Novice app within 5 minutes.

Thanks @jlabs!  That’s great to know, appreciate the reply.  

And they can do more than one test during the same session?  (There’s four of us - me, my wife and two daughters.)

We used eMed for our carnival cruise a couple weeks ago, super super easy.. it came with 4 tests, so have enough for our NCL cruise in May.  We did watch YouTube videos before hand, it was helpful to alleviate any anxiety and to know what to expect. 

Edited by kona_wahine

4 hours ago, chrisdar1 said:

@BirdTravels   Would love your experience with eMed if you can share...

We have used eMed for multiple cruises on Royal (including two weeks ago for our Wonder of the Seas cruise) and will use one next week for our NCL cruise. 

Fast, easy, efficient. No need to run around town looking for a test center. 

Once you click "start test", we have always been connected to a proctor in less than a minute.

You open your kit in front of the proctor. Show them your QR code on the box. They instruct you to do the test (swab just inside your nose), swish in solution, drop solution into tester.

Start the timer and get a cup of coffee.

After 15 minutes, you click on the "ready" button and the proctor comes back on. You show them the tester and they ask you to confirm the results. A few seconds later, you have the test report you need in your email. 

I couldn't be happier about the kit.

You may have seen me mention that I filed an insurance claim for the test kit with our health provider. And they paid 100% of the cost of the test kits (even though the federal government only requires them to pay the first $12 per kit). 

And yes, we normally run our own test the night before,,, just so we don't have any unexpected results on the day of the proctored test. (We have a bunch of the free kits mailed out by the federal government). 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We have used eMed for multiple cruises on Royal (including two weeks ago for our Wonder of the Seas cruise) and will use one next week for our NCL cruise. 

Fast, easy, efficient. No need to run around town looking for a test center. 

Once you click "start test", we have always been connected to a proctor in less than a minute.

You open your kit in front of the proctor. Show them your QR code on the box. They instruct you to do the test (swab just inside your nose), swish in solution, drop solution into tester.

Start the timer and get a cup of coffee.

After 15 minutes, you click on the "ready" button and the proctor comes back on. You show them the tester and they ask you to confirm the results. A few seconds later, you have the test report you need in your email. 

I couldn't be happier about the kit.

You may have seen me mention that I filed an insurance claim for the test kit with our health provider. And they paid 100% of the cost of the test kits (even though the federal government only requires them to pay the first $12 per kit). 

And yes, we normally run our own test the night before,,, just so we don't have any unexpected results on the day of the proctored test. (We have a bunch of the free kits mailed out by the federal government). 

THANK YOU.  Surfing cruise critic to find out if insurances will refund the $150 set of 6 for emed.  I'm happy if they refunded $12 each.  Even better if they covered the whole thing!

13 hours ago, jlabs03 said:

We recently used the emed tests. No appointment needed. I did mine about 10 am on a Friday and had to wait about 30 seconds to connect. Same thing for my husband when he did his in afternoon around 3 pm. A week or so before we were testing we had registered on the NAVICA app. 

11 hours ago, NYFirstTimeCruiser said:

THANK YOU.  Surfing cruise critic to find out if insurances will refund the $150 set of 6 for emed.  I'm happy if they refunded $12 each.  Even better if they covered the whole thing!

My insurance pharmacy benefit (Caremark/CVS) reimbursed $72 ($12 each) for the 6 tests, which was the federal minimum required.  

We used Emed last week and it was quite easy, but...

I watched a youtube video on how to take the emed test. I often didn't understand the proctor's English, so this was helpful.

Emed lost a good connection on my first attempt and then kept switching proctors with me. No one could hear me, although the first proctor could. I just rebooted and tried again and everything was successful.