Alternative Restaurants on the QE

Desert Cruisers

In the past, we have enjoyed the alternative restaurants where part of the buffet was converted each evening.  The menu would vary nightly - e.g., Indian, Pacific Fusion, etc.  If anyone has been on the QE recently...was this option offered?  We did get an e-mail highlighting "Dinner in the Lido" which is a different food concept.  Is this the replacement for the Indian, Pacific Fusion, etc. restaurants?

Also, in the past, there was  a pub menu in the evening on the QE.  Is this still being offered?

Thanks for any info.

I also looked this evening, and feel what you are talking about has not yet reopened.

The Indian food  in the lido tonight, that many guests seem to enjoy, is at no extra cost.

The pop up restaurant that used to appear being partitioned off,  and was bookable for a rotational food theme at about $20 pp, does not appear to be operative. Nothing mentioned to this effect in daily newspaper.

A shame, as we had some wonderful meals there (Mexican, Italian etc) and the service was excellent.

• Like 1

Oh! Just read the Daily Programme again……

it states ‘Indian Dinner (Port Buffet)’. I presumed table cloths, but seems to mean Buffet. ☹️.I’ll check tonight. 🤔

Doesn’t mention an extra charge, so looks like it is a buffet, how disappointing. I’ll still check later.

Edited by turnip eater

‘‘Dinner at the Lido’ is the $20 replacement for Coriander etc which was set in the screened off starboard rear section of the Lido. It was operating on our September and December cruises, but is not being offered on the current cruise. It is not to be confused with the evening port side buffet which sometimes has a theme such as Indian a couple of nights ago.

The new menu was on the theme of modern cuisine, we went there in Sept and thought it v good, noticed the same menu was there in December.