Azamara booster requirements

uktog

Just seen this on Azamaras website. If they enforce it many UK guests will be in trouble as it was pretty common for those who had doses 1 and 2 with Pfizer to be given a Moderna booster 

4465CE4A-5D50-4B37-B719-BE8A0D535ACB.png

• Like 1

We have just booked a cruise for June on the Onward and must admit I didn’t even look at this, as just assumed our jabs would be fine. As it happens all ours are Pfizer included booster, but could just as easily have been a Moderna booster and then what? Thanks for posting this as I am sure many others would not have referred to it.

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Just seen this on Azamaras website. If they enforce it many UK guests will be in trouble as it was pretty common for those who had doses 1 and 2 with Pfizer to be given a Moderna booster 

4465CE4A-5D50-4B37-B719-BE8A0D535ACB.png

Oh we now have a problem! We got two shots with Pfizer and a Moderna booster as many Canadians have been given. We hope they will adjust because we are supposed to cruise on the Onward maiden cruise. Nothing is easy these days!

Looks like Azamara have just taken the CDC and EMA recommendations rather than looking more globally, surely any combination approved by the WHO should be acceptable.

Luckily we are 2 x AstaZenica with a Pfizer booster but as no doubt we’ll be having a further booster that could be Moderna and what then?

• Like 1

Will update on our experience on boarding at Lisbon this coming Tuesday - we will have 3 different permutations of vaccines & boosters in our party of 4.

There is another minor 'glitch' for anyone else using the Scottish Covid Passport to be aware of - expiry dates for each vaccination/booster on the app seems to be 'frozen' at 28 March 2022.  We were told yesterday that there have been a few issues with this.  The advice is to either:

- delete and reload the app - which did not result in any change for us

- log in and download a PDF of vaccination records - and use that - fingers crossed that will be suitable for all agencies.  Expiry dates on the PDFs are 3 months from the current date.

Anyone else with vaccinations from Scotland may may want to check this out to - @uktog

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sovilav01 said:

Oh we now have a problem! We got two shots with Pfizer and a Moderna booster as many Canadians have been given. We hope they will adjust because we are supposed to cruise on the Onward maiden cruise. Nothing is easy these days!

Gosh - I never looked at that either.   We don’t sail till August, but my husband is 2 Pfizer with Moderna booster.   I sure hope they update this soon.

28 minutes ago, Mrs Skip said:

Will update on our experience on boarding at Lisbon this coming Tuesday - we will have 3 different permutations of vaccines & boosters in our party of 4.

There is another minor 'glitch' for anyone else using the Scottish Covid Passport to be aware of - expiry dates for each vaccination/booster on the app seems to be 'frozen' at 28 March 2022.  We were told yesterday that there have been a few issues with this.  The advice is to either:

- delete and reload the app - which did not result in any change for us

- log in and download a PDF of vaccination records - and use that - fingers crossed that will be suitable for all agencies.  Expiry dates on the PDFs are 3 months from the current date.

Anyone else with vaccinations from Scotland may may want to check this out to - @uktog

Thanks for that information. It all adds to the stress of travelling! 

• Like 1

The Scottish App is OK Mrs Skip. The App generates a new QR code every time you open or refresh the App. The QR code is valid for 3 days - so today (26th March) it is valid until 29th March.

According to the App, this 3 day validity of the QR code is for 'security reasons'. It also advises that you check your QR codes are up to date before you travel. 

If you click on the information symbol next to the validity date, there is an explanation to this effect.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Well we have had Pfizer x 2 vaccinations plus Pfizer booster and yesterday Moderna Booster.  I wouldn't have checked this either.  Sure it will be OK as we feel well protected !

I found this interesting - are 2nd boosters now available for you in the UK?  We have gotten Pfizer for shots 1, 2 and booster, but are waiting for approval for 4th shot for those over 65.

10 minutes ago, the mice said:

I found this interesting - are 2nd boosters now available for you in the UK?  We have gotten Pfizer for shots 1, 2 and booster, but are waiting for approval for 4th shot for those over 65.

In the UK those over 75 or younger people who are classed as ‘vulnerable’ can book a fourth booster shot.

Just now, Grandma Cruising said:

In the UK those over 75 or younger people who are classed as ‘vulnerable’ can book a fourth booster shot.

TY.   That may be the case here in the USA as well, but we are just "senior", not vulnerable, unless suffering from lack of travel counts 😀.

• Haha 2

Yes I’ve just been explaining to the young lady on a call to Azamara that 

a. Going out for another “shot” as she calls it isn’t an option

and

b. No we did not choose our vaccines it was controlled by what the health agency said you were getting and when we were getting it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EdinburghTim said:

The Scottish App is OK Mrs Skip. The App generates a new QR code every time you open or refresh the App. The QR code is valid for 3 days - so today (26th March) it is valid until 29th March.

According to the App, this 3 day validity of the QR code is for 'security reasons'. It also advises that you check your QR codes are up to date before you travel. 

If you click on the information symbol next to the validity date, there is an explanation to this effect.

Hope this helps!

Thanks EdinburghTim,  when we refreshed yesterday, the date remained the same, but of course it would…. As it was 25 March all day !

Now that we have refreshed again today, expiry date has moved on by 1 more day..

So app has expiry date of 3 days max, but pdf of 3 months max…

thanks for your insight.

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Yes I’ve just been explaining to the young lady on a call to Azamara that 

a. Going out for another “shot” as she calls it isn’t an option

and

b. No we did not choose our vaccines it was controlled by what the health agency said you were getting and when we were getting it

So our two booked cruises for september is out of the game. Azamara sure strikes hard.

Land trips for us.😡🤬

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

So our two booked cruises for september is out of the game. Azamara sure strikes hard.

Land trips for us.😡🤬

Lets hope they rethink much sooner than then!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Riocca said:

The table on the website does only say it’s a guideline not a definitive list, beneath there’s a bit more detail unfortunately it’s as clear as mud. 

E15B8BA7-44A1-47E7-8690-6E42F9DE4682.thumb.jpeg.5f8b6cfa8f7472fa4d87d121ba5cabe1.jpeg

Not quite what I was told in my call!  I have asked for further clarification.  

34 minutes ago, uktog said:

Not quite what I was told in my call!  I have asked for further clarification.  

Another point is the time frame for the booster, the Azamara list for AstraZenica says the booster time frame is 3-6 months, initially in the U.K. the booster was not being administered until after 6 months. 
Our boosters are 6 months and 2 days, it was subsequently changed to a shorter period to get more people boosted.

My thought is why is it only based on FDA & EU, Azamara customers come from many more parts of the world surely it should be based on vaccines and regimes approved by the WHO. 
If you’ve complied with the vaccination strategy of your home country why should Azamara, or any cruise line, question the validity of your vaccination status.

Edited by Riocca
  • Like 4

I’m beyond shocked. I leave in a week to board my cruise, I’ve had no updates to say my 2 AstraZeneca  & Moderna booster is unacceptable. Surely I shouldn’t have to rely on cruise critic for updates. Do I stay home or fly to Lisbon and be refused boarding?

I will ask for clarification from agent 🤦‍♀️

“If you’ve complied with the vaccination strategy of your home country why should Azamara, or any cruise line, question thevalidity of your vaccination status.”

Totally agree Riocca.  I’m sure common sense will prevail.

Regards

• Like 2

Hi,

my understanding of the "rules" described on Azamar website is a bit different for the combination 2*AstraZenec+ 1 Pfizer. The eligible time-frame is described as 3-6 month and could be considered as a defined interval. But at least in Germany it was different. Initially the eligibility for the Pfizer booster shot was "after 6 month". A few month later eligibility was reduced to "after 3 month". Azamar writing is not quite precise. According to EU rules people are considered as valid boostered if they got the Pfizer booster after what was the eligible period when they got the booster. No need to  hit the the time-frame 3-6 month exactly. Which is impossible if you got the booster after 6 month when this was the rule.

But I see a little risk at check in to be confronted with Azamara officials which makes their own simple interpretation.

Would nice to get some info here from people with the same "critical" vaccination status of 2 Astra+1 Pfizer (6 month + n days) and if they were allowed to board or not.

cheers

MouseBerry

1 hour ago, G2G said:

I’m beyond shocked. I leave in a week to board my cruise, I’ve had no updates to say my 2 AstraZeneca  & Moderna booster is unacceptable. Surely I shouldn’t have to rely on cruise critic for updates. Do I stay home or fly to Lisbon and be refused boarding?

I will ask for clarification from agent 🤦‍♀️

We have asked Azamara to get us clarification but time is running out.  Not prepared to take the risk and travel to be denied boarding so will probably pull out if we do not hear by Monday so we can ensure all our other flights and hotel costs some on 7 days cancellation penalties can be refunded.