MoveUp after Moving Up

5waldos

• Since some people are getting the chance to bid on a MoveUp cabin rather early (looks like some get the chance just after final payment)- would it be possible to move up twice? If first bid is accepted early, could you try again closer to sail date? Just curious- could it happen?

Probably not since most Move Up bids don't open until 30 days prior to embarkation and usually aren't accepted until just a few days before embarkation. However, I suppose one could go to Guest Services upon boarding and ask if there are any upgrades available. If there were upgraded cabins available they might offer them for a fee.

Edited by Luvcrusn

Good question but I believe not.   The reason for my belief is that one you are updated your other bids are cancelled ad I don't believe you are able to bid again once closed.    Would love to hear otherwise.

1 minute ago, Luvcrusn said:

Probably not since most Move Up bids don't open until 30 days prior to embarkation and usually aren't accepted until just a few days before embarkation. However, I suppose one could go to Guest Services upon boarding and ask if there are any upgrades available. If there were upgraded cabins available they might offer them for a fee/

I understand you reasoning but recently Celebrity has been awarding some upgrades early which is the OP's question.   On our 4/8 TraansAtlantic many have been reporting being awarded upgrades at 21 days prior to the cruise.   It may have to do with Veranda and below currently has over 500 cabins available.  

I wouldn't expect the AQ and above to be awarded until the closer to sailing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I understand you reasoning but recently Celebrity has been awarding some upgrades early which is the OP's question.   On our 4/8 TraansAtlantic many have been reporting being awarded upgrades at 21 days prior to the cruise.   It may have to do with Veranda and below currently has over 500 cabins available.  

I wouldn't expect the AQ and above to be awarded until the closer to sailing.

I see your point, I didn't think of that as we've always only bid on Aqua or above so our experience has been to find out only a few days before our sailings.

For our April cruise our Move up was awarded 35 days prior to cruise and was sitting in pending for a few days. It was to a Veranda with good availability left  (around 200 mark) so that is probably why it was early.  I have not seen the link in my cruise planner since and when clicking the email links I can not make further bids so no clear indication that this would work without calling.