Live from the Joy (Hello, Gary!)

Suite Heart

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic"

Suite Heart was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Just boarded. Got tested at Pot of Miami 

Took 20 minutes. No waiting.  

There was no special room room for Havenistas (Do you like that? I am going to patent it LOL) to gather before getting on the ship.

Even though you watched the safety video, you are still required to go to muster station. Your card will be scanned to prove that you went.

Up on 17 in (OF COURSE !) the bar.  Sipping some Veuve. Took four bartenders to handle the crowd. 

Lunch and wine are calling...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Suite Heart said:

There was no special room room for Havenistas (Do you like that? I am going to patent it LOL) to gather before getting on the ship.

Even though you watched the safety video, you are still required to go to muster station. Your card will be scanned to prove that you went.

Up on 17 in (OF COURSE !) the bar.  Sipping some Veuve. Took four bartenders to handle the crowd. 

"Pot" of Miami?? After only 1 glass of

Veuve? Wow! I need more drinking practice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

19 minutes ago, Suite Heart said:

"Pot" of Miami?? After only 1 glass of

Veuve? Wow! I need more drinking practice.

Including your own previous inquiry, it seems that some people wonder: "Where is the at-the-pier testing taking place?" and "How much does it cost?"  Your experience would be helpful!!! 😀

Edited by ggTexasGal
fix
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Suite Heart said:

Really?  Was that because there was no special room or you boarded as soon as you arrived?

Hello there.  So happy you are on board.  If you go to Cagney's, ask for Alex to serve you.  The only bottle of Tequila 1942 is in the deck 15 observation lounge bar.  Tell the Starbucks guy Gary said hello.

Please say hello to all my friends in the Haven.  I missed them this time.  I refused to go in there because I believe it should be exclusive.  I did do only one drink at the bar.  Have a great cruise.

Cruise well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mafig said:

Really?  Was that because there was no special room or you boarded as soon as you arrived?

Yep. After getting my Covid test, then security,  it was go up the "gang plank" and then muster, then up to wherever. A lot of us went to the bar then the restaurant.  Some went to their cabins. The cabin steward and the butler came by as I was settling in and the concierge met us as we were entering the ship

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Suite Heart said:

Yep. After getting my Covid test, then security,  it was go up the "gang plank" and then muster, then up to wherever. A lot of us went to the bar then the restaurant.  Some went to their cabins. The cabin steward and the butler came by as I was settling in and the concierge met us as we were entering the ship

Nothing quite like the personalized service in the Haven!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

Including your own previous inquiry, it seems that some people wonder: "Where is the at-the-pier testing taking place?" and "How much does it cost?"  Your experience would be helpful!!! 😀

No charge has shown up yet on shipboard account. I will let you know.

The.testing is taking place on the right-hand side of the building. Don't go inside the terminal. Walk all the way down the right side of the  building . You'll see a sign that says Covid testing, and  in you go! You will do your own nasal stabbing with someone looking on. You then go to a designated waiting area and the results will be handed to you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How about show reservations?  Is the Concierge making them for you?  (Footloose and Elements, I don't believe the Beatles show takes reservations).  

You went to your suite.  Was your luggage there already?

Where did you have lunch?

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 2:16 PM, Suite Heart said:

No charge has shown up yet on shipboard account. I will let you know.

The.testing is taking place on the right-hand side of the building. Don't go inside the terminal. Walk all the way down the right side of the  building . You'll see a sign that says Covid testing, and  in you go! You will do your own nasal stabbing with someone looking on. You then go to a designated waiting area and the results will be handed to you. 

Have you seen what the charge is for testing at the port yet?

(Our local testing sites are closing 10 days before our cruise😒)

On 3/28/2022 at 9:29 PM, Sand and Seas said:

Have you seen what the charge is for testing at the port yet?

(Our local testing sites are closing 10 days before our cruise😒)

The charge is $99 and will show up on your on-board account as "reception."

• Thanks 2

On 4/2/2022 at 5:31 PM, joekatie said:

Just checking in to see if this dude survived the cruise?  Had troubles with drinks on day one and never heard another word. 

Dude.

I survived, but since I didn't remember that NCL and CruiseCritic websites are FREE, I used up my minutes not realizing I could have go on. And on. And on.

Do the speedway! Do the Galaxy Pavilion (which NCL misspells, BTW 🙃 ) : the VR "rides" are really great! And Laser Tag. However, just carry along your key card and little else. There's no where to stash your stuff while playing. Oh, no food or drink allowed, either.

Haven was wonderful, as usual. Gary's right about it getting a bit crowed at the bar itself.

We skipped the Costa Maya port because the winds were so high.

Disembarkation was smooth enough, but getting on the NCL-provided buses to the airport...well, be patient. A LOT of other people are going to the airport, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2022 at 12:55 PM, Suite Heart said:

Not sure why someone would bother testing at the pier when they can test cheaper in advance  and have the certainty they are negative. 

On 3/26/2022 at 3:13 PM, Sthrngary said:

Hello there.  So happy you are on board.  If you go to Cagney's, ask for Alex to serve you.  The only bottle of Tequila 1942 is in the deck 15 observation lounge bar.  Tell the Starbucks guy Gary said hello.

Please say hello to all my friends in the Haven.  I missed them this time.  I refused to go in there because I believe it should be exclusive.  I did do only one drink at the bar.  Have a great cruise.

Cruise well. 

I mean it is supposed to be exclusive?  Do you mean you went to the Haven bar as a non-Haven passenger?  

5 minutes ago, JCDCA said:

I mean it is supposed to be exclusive?  Do you mean you went to the Haven bar as a non-Haven passenger?  

On day one, when I boarded, I went in the Haven to say hello to the Haven concierge. I was just on Joy four months earlier in the Haven, in the Haven owner suite.  I asked the concierge if I could have one drink at the bar with some friends that I recommended the Haven too. I was there for all of four minutes, never went back never asked to go back. 

hope that answers your question.

Cruise well!