Live Review Allure 4/10/22-4/16/22

On 4/6/2022 at 7:09 PM, CatLadyFemme said:

but we are supposed to hold a baby sloth in Roatan, so as long as we make that, I will be ok 😂

I didn’t know holding a baby sloth was an option; that sounds amazing!😍

Edited by Rusty Shacklefjord
Missing word
  • Like 1

Ok; my lovely cat seems to be on the upswing, which makes me feel better about leaving him. Which is the reason I started getting packed later than I usually would, and for this first time with MxCatLady. It’s been so long that I didn’t even think about suitcase weight until I proudly closed the one small and one large suitcase with everything we needed…just to figure out if was 70lbs! Oy. We were both too tired to deal with it tonight, so am thinking about how to fix it.

Plan was for each of us to have a small backpack as carry on, one small rolling carry on, and one large main suitcase. I am am also bringing my walker for the first time…and am anxious about finding Lyfts or taxis that will have space for two big bags and a roller carry on AND a walker. Oh well. Will save that decision for tomorrow. If you’ve traveled (especially flown) with a walker before, will you let me know how much more unwieldy it made things?

I have a PCR nasal test scheduled at my local pharmacy. I had an appt for a spit test scheduled because I was able to schedule them further out, but I have dry mouth due to some meds I am on, so when I was able to book the sinus test at a locally owned pharmacy for the same time, I switch over. MxCatLady works later, so they will be doing a CVS test. We have packed our two EMed tests just in case we don’t get the results in time.

The cats are not enjoying the suitcases coming out, as they seem to remember what it means…

Glad to hear Sir Catrick is doing better. I don’t know if I could make myself leave home if one of my boys 🐈‍⬛ 🐈‍⬛ were sick! 

Our cats definitely know what suitcases mean! This guy pretty much takes up my suitcase space all by himself. Yes, he does have a cattitude! 🙀😾

BFE390F1-6A92-4861-8BE6-0D81C307FA77.jpeg

Edited by perfect match
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, perfect match said:

Glad to hear Sir Catrick is doing better. I don’t know if I could make myself leave home if one of my boys 🐈‍⬛ 🐈‍⬛ were sick! 

Our cats definitely know what suitcases mean! This guy pretty much takes up my suitcase space all by himself. Yes, he does have a cattitude! 🙀😾

BFE390F1-6A92-4861-8BE6-0D81C307FA77.jpeg

Oh my goodness. So handsome.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rusty Shacklefjord said:

Sadly, not for the sloth.  It creates extreme stress and anxiety for any sloth.   Read up on it.  Hate to be a Debby downer, but I hate animal cruelty and exploitation and I can’t believe people do this.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

please let us know if Samba Grill has reopened! It magically reappeared on my app!

Oh my gosh. So glad you said something! I am gonna change my plans to try and make it here one night, and will let you know if it happens!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, topnole said:

Sadly, not for the sloth.  It creates extreme stress and anxiety for any sloth.   Read up on it.  Hate to be a Debby downer, but I hate animal cruelty and exploitation and I can’t believe people do this.  

I appreciate your perspective. Thank you for the reminder. 

10 hours ago, topnole said:

It’s at an animal sanctuary; I assumed that this indicated better treatment (and that was why you couldn’t engage with the iguanas and monkeys); is that not the case?

Ok; we have both had PCR tests and waiting on results. Luggage has been repacked from one large suitcase to two small ones (both under 40lbs each). Cane holder is attached to my walker. Cat sitter has been prepped. House has been (somewhat) tidied up. Out of office message set. We are both exhausted; I ran several meetings today and they worked a long shift at Starbucks, but now we are getting ready to shower and relax in for the night. One more sleep until we are in Florida and two more sleeps until the ship!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CatLadyFemme said:

It’s at an animal sanctuary; I assumed that this indicated better treatment (and that was why you couldn’t engage with the iguanas and monkeys); is that not the case?

Lots of supposed animal sanctuaries do a lot of inhuman things to make money.  Honestly, what baby of any type should be held by numerous people all day every day.  It doesn’t come close to making any sense to me.  It is animal cruelty imo.  But I’m not here to lecture anyone.  I’ve made my point.  Everyone can make their own decisions.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2022 at 4:54 AM, Rusty Shacklefjord said:

That may sound amazing for you, but did you ever think about how „amazing“ it is for a baby sloth beeing handed from one person to another?!?!?!?! Come on people, it’s 2022, we have to grow up! 

• Thanks 1

Looking forward to this, hope you have an amazing time!!!

Maxx wishes to join the cat parade...

Maxx.jpg.02bb6a8dc2d99b6fa4cdb092b6babe57.jpg

We did the Victor Bodden Best of Roatan private tour and had a great time....

Edited by Husky1987
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, CatLadyFemme said:

We have both the UDP and the refreshment package (I can’t drink due to medical reasons). 

Nice! Do you have your restaurants planned out yet to be ready to make reservations when you board? 

My wife has the drink package and I have the refreshment package. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pomc99 said:

Nice! Do you have your restaurants planned out yet to be ready to make reservations when you board? 

My wife has the drink package and I have the refreshment package. 

Yep; I made a list based on assumed entertainment from the last 6 nighter so we can hand that to the host at Sabor or Giovanni while we eat. First time doing this.

We are en route! Have board the airplane. DTW was a chaotic mess, but TSA did a great job with us, so good that I waited for us to talk to a supervisor to make sure I left a compliment. 

masks are hard for me; I get panic attacks after a while, so I am loaded up with anxiety meds and wearing my KN95.

First flight in over two years, and only MxCatLady’s fourth or fifth flight ever, so quite the undertaking. Checked my walker at check in (rather than gate check), so cross your fingers it arrives on piece.

Wearing my rainbow sherbet dress, rainbow earrings, and “femme but still them” hoodie to queer things up, given that we have to be in Florida. It’s a scary time to be queer and nonbinary, especially for young people, so hoping to provide a glimmer of rainbow to them.

Got my negative test result this AM, so printed, thought  we don’t have MxCatLady’s yet, which makes me anxious. I brought emed tests with, just in case.

Up up and away!

AEFC59CB-31DE-4B75-A9AE-55B929BC9B83.thumb.jpeg.c4994e55723acd88f86f0ba263ad81b0.jpeg

• Like 7

We made it to Florida! Navigating the airport was pretty ok, but we ended up with a less than stellar cab ride. The guy shoved our luggage in the trunk of his Prius, a d my walker in the back stead,  but instead of having one of us sit up front with him, he squished us in with the walker, which was super uncomfortable with my partially torn tendon in my hip. After we start rolling, he said “cash only” (despite a sign on his window for Apple Pay, and a bill of rights saying we could use credit cards) and that he didn’t use the meter. He wanted $20 and it wasn’t worth arguing and going back (though I took pictures of his stuff in case of any issues), and about 10 minutes later, we were at the Oasis Hotel.

It’s a smaller, one level (but NOT ADA accessible as I have learned; my walker barely made it through the doorway into the room). The room is small but clean and useful in the ways I would hope one would be, and the courtyard is a gem! We have ordered delivery (some fancy egg rolls for them and enchiladas & such for me), and are enjoying the lovely courtyard. Way cheaper than all the big name places, so I was worried it might have been sketchy, but it’s more like a 1950s Palm Springs type of place (minus a pool).

It is Allie’s (MxCatLady) first time in Florida, and they loved seeing the ocean and the big cruise ships out of the plane window. We have filled out our health questionnaires. Still no update from CVS on their COVID test (over 24 hours, and mine from a local pharmacy took less than 12!) so am thinking about setting up the emed test shortly after dinner.

Set up a Lyft to pick us up at 10:15, as we are so near the port. Hopefully it is less stressful than today’s ride! 60DA6652-AC31-497A-B2F2-7CCDFC72859E.thumb.jpeg.3bb236863987606e1bc401fc96bc97e2.jpeg06CC0014-553E-4399-AAF2-BCEEE99B46A6.thumb.jpeg.b5ab5ff09173b0d260487e1065b201a7.jpegDDF92ABB-ABE1-4E01-9D26-5803A85CE8E2.thumb.jpeg.bec91cf96ccfcc4e57a6065817b8a649.jpegCF01D319-FB6B-4290-B455-735C7FD60CCA.thumb.jpeg.58ef45a20eddeafbd3b3f76b035c10e1.jpegC18E6267-9A83-45E3-8708-0FC2D4046935.thumb.jpeg.c7245279653c50e02b9f5e13e037271e.jpeg

• Like 6

Looking forward to the review! 

We will be on Allure on May 8. I was wondering if your itinerary is the same as ours? We will be going to Costa Maya, Cozumel and Coco Cay. If you are, I would appreciate seeing the cruise compasses, especially the entertainment schedule.

Our daughter will be a U of M transfer student in the fall. We are thrilled that she will be a Wolverine! Go Blue! She is also a vegetarian, and this will be her first cruise since 2019 and as a vegetarian. Looking forward to your insight on the food options!

Hope you have a seamless embarkation morning tomorrow!

• Like 1