Live Review Allure 4/10/22-4/16/22

I'm really enjoying following along. I am disabled and know how difficult it can be to find accessible excursions, so I am looking forwards to hearing about what you have planned for the day. Hoping everything goes well with your walker and that the weather treats you well.

Sir Catrick is a very handsome gentleman, octopus skirt is everything, Swimsuits for all is the #1 reason I'm considering using the pool during my upcoming cruise, and that 150 bread is giving me all sorts of impure bread thoughts.

Thank you for sharing your vacation with us 💛

• Like 1

Hi Catlady, I am enjoying your review of Allure. We(2 adults and 2 teenage girls) will be sailing on the Allure July 9th. We haven't cruised since 2005. Is the Allure at maximin capacity? I pre-ordered the surf and stream for all of us. It was recommended to order the surf and stream as the speed/connection is suppose to be better. We need to know where our girls will be. We have MTD and I am considering ordering the speciality dining. What resturants do you recommend? I did get a refreshment drink package for myself, and one soda package for the girls. My husband and I are not big drinkers so we will pay as we go. Love your cats.Love the new skirt.

E....

• Like 1

I must say, I am so glad I found your live thread.

Definitely a ray of fresh air.  Great pictures and dialogue.

I hope the rest of your cruise stays exciting, safe and fun.

I am actually sharing this thread with my DH, knowing we too will be soon sailing the Allure.

He is enjoying it as much as i am.

Thank you

Stay safe

• Like 1

Regarding Internet and Streaming on Allure:  We were on Allure in January and will be going again in September. The Internet was slow, would disconnect, and choppy.  After complaining I got a refund for several days. In talking to one of the "internet guys" (also a performer in the Aqua Show) he admitted that a big problem is that the crew uses the same system, and it competes with the passengers, especially when the crew is having FaceTime with their families.  Much worst after 10pm when many crew are off work and back in their cabins.

I suggest only getting the Internet package and downloading any video that you want to watch before you get on board. Hopefully when Allure goes into dry dock, as they were scheduled to do but was delayed this year, they will upgrade the system.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gonole1972 said:

Hopefully when Allure goes into dry dock, as they were scheduled to do but was delayed this year, they will upgrade the system.

There’s really no further upgrade possible- she already has the best O3B internet. 

2 hours ago, Ladymom30 said:

Sorry to bother you while you’re enjoying your much needed vacation, but can you confirm if Izumi sushi is open for lunch? My app says that it is, but I want to be sure. Thanks

Yes, at least on sea days. We have a 1pm reservation tomorrow!

5 hours ago, eabplus2 said:

Hi Catlady, I am enjoying your review of Allure. We(2 adults and 2 teenage girls) will be sailing on the Allure July 9th. We haven't cruised since 2005. Is the Allure at maximin capacity? I pre-ordered the surf and stream for all of us. It was recommended to order the surf and stream as the speed/connection is suppose to be better. We need to know where our girls will be. We have MTD and I am considering ordering the speciality dining. What resturants do you recommend? I did get a refreshment drink package for myself, and one soda package for the girls. My husband and I are not big drinkers so we will pay as we go. Love your cats.Love the new skirt.

E....

Thank you and I hope y’all have a lovely time! Our favorite specialty places are Giovanni’s and 150 Central Park, though Izumi was also very relaxing and has some interesting rolls you won’t see on land.

We both have the refreshment package (enjoying a virgin mojito with dinner while MxCatLady is having a virgin frozen margarita), and we love it. It includes free speciality make your own juices in the Vitality Spa, which really love.

Currently at 4200 pax. So about 60% ish? Other than right during the Aqua Show, it’s hasn’t felt crowded at all, though we are also intentionally avoiding any potentially crowded spaces for COVID harm reduction.

We both have iPhones and as long as we aren’t trying to send pictures, the surf is enough for texting, no problem.

• Like 1

You’ve got style, loving your outfits and glasses. Glad the ship doesn’t feel crowded and looking forward to your Izumi review. I bought the 2 restaurant dining package, one has to be Chops (which I love) and hoping to try Izumi for the first time. Should be interesting as I’ll be pushing my comfort level and will be dining by myself as this will be my first solo cruise. 

• Like 1

Omg y’all. This was one of the best days of my life.

content note: contains a visit to two animal conservatories working to support animals. If this is not your jam, skip this post.

One stopped houses animals that were kept as pets and shouldn’t have been (sloths, monkeys, Macaws, etc.) and takes good care of them, and the other was a huge iguana habitat (12 acres) where they are free to roam and the eggs and babies are kept safe from local predators (chickens, meat eating iguanas, etc). The former had lots of enclosures as well as let the animals hang outside of them in the mangroves which was super neat, and the iguana space was not fenced in (except the babies for safety); they all just tended to come back/hang there because easy food and more safety.

The sloth was named Olivia Benson and the capuchin monkey was Deena, and the Macaw was Clyde. We were also on an accessible tour, so I could visit almost everything, and it was just us and one other family, which helped with staying distant (we wore masks in the van), and was everything I had hoped for an so much more!  Cedric was our guide and he was so fantastic. A really safe driver (not always the case in my experience), so good with the lift, and he brought us back a bit early upon our request (both parties) to be on time for dinner. Great info about the island as well.

We also stopped at a small market with a local chocolate place (we bought several bars and some coffee) and other shops (I got some fun wooden and acacia seed earrings). 

For now, just enjoy our joy!

E94A3903-B791-47BE-AF8E-D0E71C79D971.thumb.jpeg.04fdc2d21ce269f1bdf48603789f1d1e.jpeg30D02FC0-2EB9-4322-890F-F11E649EA723.thumb.jpeg.7e7bca9f748de27c30c1d5a28a641451.jpegE1F39BCA-19FD-4426-ACDD-6BCDF895D91E.thumb.jpeg.9df3b6720a899f26df6180c02ca45085.jpeg6C55E309-A1D8-4A88-AB63-CB82465B3CE7.thumb.jpeg.951c0c1f822a105da20032a420a3662d.jpeg916A84A0-935F-4E5C-A2CB-1D3E636A61A6.thumb.jpeg.12c5bc0765cc5555e4c34d97c58e09d6.jpeg832D6699-07DE-4012-A8A9-25796C53C0AF.thumb.jpeg.0803125458ab0d3078486b1c54aa016a.jpeg4E23E362-421F-4E35-AFDE-34D6B8B05A20.thumb.jpeg.b86c8662ed38f9ab4cc7043285f56019.jpeg844EB572-2E68-421E-A373-680B4AED0865.thumb.jpeg.c2d3a7fa6b805d91e4b992420be10ac7.jpegDA0D5752-0E47-4C2F-856D-8FAF66FC6E35.thumb.jpeg.7b4a050171858a65da84ffcf43162c5a.jpeg3953D5BD-0DA6-403A-ACE4-76FA796BAC65.thumb.jpeg.173c42011bf821308dd13602b68ee815.jpeg0C608D88-8428-460D-9FCF-A0CAE10FDB80.thumb.jpeg.248209ca194aaba8327de3104495ca86.jpeg

• Like 12

Love those animal pics - where were they taken?  I also have a boarding question as we'll be on the Allure next week. Do they stick 100% to the boarding time? Just wondered if we arrived a little earlier after our 4 hour drive to the port if they would let us board or not. Thanks.

• Like 1

Awww, those animal pictures are the best!!! I'm so glad that you both enjoyed your excursion and were still able to maintain social distancing. We held a capuchin monkey in Punta Cana and it was one of the best things ever!! (LOL...mine was named Obama) My daughter is a huge sloth fan and she just adored the pics with the sloth.

I am loving your review, pictures, and your style. Your smiles are the best!! Enjoy every second of your fabulous trip!!!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Biker19 said:

There’s really no further upgrade possible- she already has the best O3B internet. 

Will if that is the case then it is not worth the price on Allure.  Although on both our Symphony cruises in the last 2 years I had no issues with the Internet or Voom.  Wonder why the difference?

1 hour ago, gonole1972 said:

Will if that is the case then it is not worth the price on Allure.  Although on both our Symphony cruises in the last 2 years I had no issues with the Internet or Voom.  Wonder why the difference?

This was the speed test results we had on Allure last month for a couple times.  

9FE84D53-5002-43F1-BF11-D06B2C6E7768.thumb.jpeg.06d6642543d3f3e0e09055928ba5a40d.jpeg

Wonder if anyone has a current speed test?

Will test it again when we are back aboard in 30 days. 

15 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

9FE84D53-5002-43F1-BF11-D06B2C6E7768.thumb.jpeg.06d6642543d3f3e0e09055928ba5a40d.jpeg

Was this am or pm?  Might make a big difference.  

16 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

If you can tell me how to do it, I can try!

5 hours ago, zebra said:

Love those animal pics - where were they taken?  I also have a boarding question as we'll be on the Allure next week. Do they stick 100% to the boarding time? Just wondered if we arrived a little earlier after our 4 hour drive to the port if they would let us board or not. Thanks.

The mammals and birds (plus more of several other animals we didn’t get to meet because it was not safe for them) were at the Daniel Johnson sloth and monkey sanctuary, and the Iguanas were at the iguana reserve run by the Arch family. Choose the easy or accessible (depending on your needs) monkey, sloth, and iguana interaction.

For boarding, we got there at 10:50ish and they were letting all the 11-11:30 in, but had the 11:30 people waiting.

2 hours ago, lilbrownie95 said:

Awww, those animal pictures are the best!!! I'm so glad that you both enjoyed your excursion and were still able to maintain social distancing. We held a capuchin monkey in Punta Cana and it was one of the best things ever!! (LOL...mine was named Obama) My daughter is a huge sloth fan and she just adored the pics with the sloth.

I am loving your review, pictures, and your style. Your smiles are the best!! Enjoy every second of your fabulous trip!!!

Thank you! And please tell your daughter hi 💜

• Like 1