Why has NCL stopped pre booking of restaurants unless the ship departs the US

PBM13

As someone who has cruised with NCL, we have loved the fact that you can pre book restaurants.  Today the NCL staff informed me that you can only book restaurants on the ships unless the cruise departs the US.  So why is NCL punishing people who cruises not leaving the US. This is a poor show NCL

3 hours ago, PBM13 said:

As someone who has cruised with NCL, we have loved the fact that you can pre book restaurants.  Today the NCL staff informed me that you can only book restaurants on the ships unless the cruise departs the US.  So why is NCL punishing people who cruises not leaving the US. This is a poor show NCL

What the NCL staff told you may not be exactly correct.  I am on the Epic for a TA on April 2 from New York (in the US, last I checked).  Restaurants are not (and have not) been available to book.

On the plus side, this our second post-COVID cruise.  Reservations were not available before the last cruise either, but getting reservations on board was no problem since they were not sailing at capacity.  I do hope they bring advanced reservations back before they get to maximum capacity.  

I'm like you - I prefer to pre-book so I have one less thing to do on embarkation day.  Until that's an option again, I will make do and not take it as a punishment:  I will book onboard with a drink in my hand and a big "I'm on vacation" smile on my face.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew_R said:

What the NCL staff told you may not be exactly correct.  I am on the Epic for a TA on April 2 from New York (in the US, last I checked).  Restaurants are not (and have not) been available to book.

On the plus side, this our second post-COVID cruise.  Reservations were not available before the last cruise either, but getting reservations on board was no problem since they were not sailing at capacity.  I do hope they bring advanced reservations back before they get to maximum capacity.  

I'm like you - I prefer to pre-book so I have one less thing to do on embarkation day.  Until that's an option again, I will make do and not take it as a punishment:  I will book onboard with a drink in my hand and a big "I'm on vacation" smile on my face.

Not sure when your cruise was since the restart, but on January 3rd of this year, I was able to make dinner reservations online for my May 2nd cruise. I do know on the app I’ve had the option to make additional dinner reservations since then. I’d check my account now, but their site is on vacation 😂

1 hour ago, Andrew_R said:

We have all of our dinner reservations for our next cruise. 

I'm on Bliss next month (out of US) and had no trouble booking dining, but shows are not available to book for some reason. Not the biggest of issues, but it would be nice to at least have an idea of days/times of shows so you aren't booking dinner at the same time.

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

I'm on Bliss next month (out of US) and had no trouble booking dining, but shows are not available to book for some reason. Not the biggest of issues, but it would be nice to at least have an idea of days/times of shows so you aren't booking dinner at the same time.

If you have a chance could you post the daily's for us.

• Like 1